dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Thought for the Day

Mountain_Muse wrote:

Unfortunately we didn't know about the moon last night and crashed when we got home.  I would have loved to see it. I love big ol moons.  

But we did see some wonderful sights yesterday, including a lot of the places that were talked about in The Chimney Still Stands that took place along the Buffalo river and in St Jo's.  It was kinda cool.  We also found out that our DIL's grandparents live up one of those remote dusts dirt roads in near the Buffalo.  

I just kept hearing entire lines from the book through my head as we roamed through the area.  It was a really cool day.

Thanks for sharing Muse :smileyhappy:

it's good to see you here

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:
I remember His Juicer lol..VT Weather Update Crystal Clear Blue Skies...Birds are Chirping...But Very Warm for VT...And your Neck of The Woods?

Hot and humid out by Pittsburgh.  Storms most of last night (some of the thunder was so loud it actually woke me up!).  No serious damage or flooding, though.  More storms tonight, but I don't think they'll be quite as noisy.

I feel bad for the folks in places that have gotten hit by fires or worse storms -- I can't imagine losing everything that way.

Jeff 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Jefferson_Thomas wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:
I remember His Juicer lol..VT Weather Update Crystal Clear Blue Skies...Birds are Chirping...But Very Warm for VT...And your Neck of The Woods?

Hot and humid out by Pittsburgh.  Storms most of last night (some of the thunder was so loud it actually woke me up!).  No serious damage or flooding, though.  More storms tonight, but I don't think they'll be quite as noisy.

I feel bad for the folks in places that have gotten hit by fires or worse storms -- I can't imagine losing everything that way.

Jeff 

Hi Jeff, thanks for the weather update. What a crazy spring and early summer so far.

Glad to see you here I hope all is going well for you

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

Ditto, Debbie!

Jeff
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Here's our Tuesday thought for the day

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
~ Emma Lazarus, The New Colossus

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Here's our Friday thought for the day- Thanks Teddy!!

“Knowing what’s right doesn’t mean much
unless you do what’s right.”

Theodore-Roosevelt.png~ Theodore Roosevelt

Theodore Roosevelt (October 27, 1858 – January 6, 1919)(aged 60) was the 26th President of the United States,(September 14, 1901 – March 4, 1909.) He is well remembered for his energetic personality, range of interests and achievements, leadership of the Progressive Movement, model of masculinity, and his “cowboy” image. He was a leader of the Republican Party and founder of the short-lived Progressive (“Bull Moose”) Party of 1912…Source

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Here's our Tuesday thought for the day

“The one thing
that doesn’t abide by majority rule
is a person’s conscience.” 

~ Harper Lee

Harper-Lee.pngNelle Harper Lee (born April 28, 1926) is an American author known for her 1961 Pulitzer-Prize-winning novel To Kill a Mockingbird, which deals with the issues of racism that the author observed as a child in her hometown of Monroeville, Alabama. Despite being Lee’s only published book, it led to her being awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom for her contribution to literature…Source

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Here's our Friday thought for the day

“Of all the people on the planet,
you talk to yourself more than anyone.
Make sure you are saying the right things.”

~ Martin Rooney

Martin Rooney is an internationally recognized fitness expert, best-selling author, and sought-after presenter…source

dhaupt
0 Kudos

It's Tuesday do you know where your Fiction moderator is :smileyhappy:

here's our Tuesday thought for the day

“A couple of kind words
can not only make a person’s day,
but earn you a friend and supporter for life.
For the rest of the week,
whenever you see someone
you want to judge negatively,
pay them a compliment instead.
See what happens.”

~ Neil Strauss

Neil Darrow Strauss, also known by the pen names Style and Chris Powles, is an American author, journalist and ghostwriter. He is a contributing editor at Rolling Stone and also writes regularly for The New York Times…source

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

I especially do have Kind Words for YA I have Counseled in the past when I see them in Town..They are wonderful kids...
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:
I especially do have Kind Words for YA I have Counseled in the past when I see them in Town..They are wonderful kids...

Thanks for the comment VT it's kind of quiet here lately :smileyhappy:

dhaupt

Here's our thought for this Wednesday

“There is only one corner of the universe
you can be certain of improving,
and that’s your own self.”

~ Aldous Huxley

Aldous Leonard Huxley (26 July 1894 – 22 November 1963) was an English writer, humanist, pacifist, and satirist. Best known for his novels including Brave New World and a wide-ranging output of essays. Huxley also edited the magazine Oxford Poetry, and published short stories, poetry, travel writing, film stories and scripts…source

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

I would add Some "Books" but that feature seems to be Gone...Or maybe not iPhone friendly (___)] Here's Your Afternoon Xtra Large Mug of Coffee...:smileywink:
Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

On a tour bus in Belgium, lol!

Jeff

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Jefferson_Thomas wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

On a tour bus in Belgium, lol!

Jeff

Hi Jeff don't I wish :smileyhappy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:
I would add Some "Books" but that feature seems to be Gone...Or maybe not iPhone friendly (___)] Here's Your Afternoon Xtra Large Mug of Coffee...:smileywink:

Hi VT is this the thread you're looking for-http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Fiction-General-Discussion/Tell-us-what-you-re-reading-right-...

dhaupt

Here's Thursday's thought

“The most courageous act
is still to think for yourself.
Aloud.”

coco-chanel.png~ Coco Chanel

Gabrielle “Coco” Bonheur Chanel (August 19, 1883 – January 10, 1971) was a French fashion designer and founder of the Chanel brand. She was the only fashion designer to appear on Time magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people of the 20th century. A prolific fashion creator, Chanel’s influence extended beyond couture clothing. Her design aesthetic was realized in jewelry, handbags, and fragrance. Her signature scent, Chanel No. 5, has become an iconic product… source

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Still True...
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Ok Here I Am and where is Add Books..Product...Thanks for The Link Deb..But Still The Same...Reading "Close My Eyes" Sophie McKenzie Author. Immersed in the book...Finished "Lowcountry Boil SusanM.Boyer Author ,Totally took me by Surprise...Both Excellent Writers...Quite Addictive :smileywink: pre-ordered "Lowcountry Boil" Suze
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:
Ok Here I Am and where is Add Books..Product...Thanks for The Link Deb..But Still The Same...Reading "Close My Eyes" Sophie McKenzie Author. Immersed in the book...Finished "Lowcountry Boil SusanM.Boyer Author ,Totally took me by Surprise...Both Excellent Writers...Quite Addictive :smileywink: pre-ordered "Lowcountry Boil" Suze

Thanks Suze for the tip on Susan Boyer I'll be hosting her on my blog for an interview on 9-5 celebrating her upcoming release

Lowcountry Bombshell