0 Kudos

Re: Thought for the Day

It's Tuesday are you ready for your thought for the day

“Remember
if people talk behind your back,
it only means you are two steps ahead.”

~ Fannie Flagg,
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe

Patricia Neal (born September 21, 1944), known professionally as Fannie Flagg, is an American actress, comedian and author. She is best known as a semi-regular panelist on the 1973–82 versions of the game show Match Game, and for the 1988 novel Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, which was adapted into the 1991 movie Fried Green Tomatoes. …Source

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Happy Hump Day

“Have the clarity and courage to not enter every door
and to not accept every invitation.
Protect your peace.” 
Thema-Davis.jpg~ Thema Davis

Dr. Thema Bryant-Davis is a licensed psychologist, poet, dancer, and minister. Dr. Bryant-Davis, an Associate Professor at Pepperdine University, is Past-President of the Society for the Psychology of Women. The North Carolina Arts Council named her Emerging Artist of the Year…Source

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Well we made it to Thursday

here's our thought

“Adventure is worthwhile in itself.”
Amelia-Earhart.jpg~ Amelia Earhart

Amelia Mary Earhart (July 24, 1897 – disappeared July 2, 1937) was an American aviation pioneer and author.Earhart was the first aviatrix (female pilot) to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.During an attempt to make a circumnavigational flight of the globe in 1937 in a Purdue-funded Lockheed Model 10 Electra, Earhart disappeared over the central Pacific Ocean near Howland Island…Source

dhaupt
0 Kudos

It's Friday peeps we made it through another week

“I would rather be a superb meteor,
every atom of me in magnificent glow,
than a sleepy and permanent planet.”

Jack-London.pngJack London

John Griffith “Jack” London (born John Griffith Chaney, (January 12, 1876 – November 22, 1916) was an American author, journalist, and social activist. He is best remembered as the author of The Call of the Wild and White Fang, both set in the Klondike Gold Rush, as well as his short stories…Source

dhaupt
0 Kudos

It's Saturday who's sleeping in?

:smileywink:

“You suppose you are the trouble
But you are the cure 
You suppose that you are the lock on the door 
But you are the key that opens it 
It’s too bad that you want to be someone else 
You don’t see your own face, your own beauty
Yet, no face is more beautiful than yours.”
~ Rumi

*Rumi

Born 1207 A.D

Died  1273 A.D

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Balkhi, also known as Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi and popularly known as Mevlana in Turkey and Mawlana in Iran and Afghanistan but known to the English-speaking world simply as Rumi  was a 13th-century Persian Muslim poet, jurist, theologian, and Sufi mystic. Rumi is a descriptive name meaning “Roman” since he lived most of his life in an area called “Rum” (then under the control of Seljuq dynasty) because it was once ruled by the Eastern Roman Empire. He was one of the figures who flourished in the Sultanate of Rum.

*Source

dhaupt
0 Kudos

It's Monday :smileysad:

“The real things haven’t changed.
It is still best to be honest and truthful;
to make the most of what we have;
to be happy with simple pleasures;
and have courage when things go wrong.”

~ Laura Ingalls Wilder

Laura Elizabeth Ingalls Wilder (February 7, 1867 – February 10, 1957) was an American writer, most notably the author of the Little House series of children’s novels based on her childhood in a pioneer family…Source

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Here's our Tuesday thought

“To me a lush carpet of pine needles
or spongy grass is more welcome
than the most luxurious Persian rug.”
~ Helen Keller

Helen Adams Keller (June 27, 1880 June 1, 1968) An American author, political activist, lecturer & the first deaf and blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree. At 19 months old she contracted an illness, that left her deaf and blind. Keller wrote a total of 12 published books and several articles. She is remembered as an advocate for people with disabilities, amid numerous other causes…source

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

http://youtu.be/kWBhP0EQ1lA

Happy Hump Day :smileywink:

“What you do every day matters more
than what you do every once in a while.”

~ Author Unknown

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Happy Thursday

“Life is like an onion;
you peel off one layer at a time
and sometimes you weep.”

~ Carl Sandburg

Carl Sandburg (January 6, 1878 - July 22, 1967) An American writer and editor, best known for his poetry. He won three Pulitzer Prizes, two for his poetry and another for a biography of Abraham Lincoln…Source | More

dhaupt
0 Kudos

It's Friday, did you get your dose of Free Friday from Nook?

“People who say it cannot be done
should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

~ George Bernard Shaw

George Bernard Shaw (26 July 1856 - 2 November 1950 (aged 94) was an Irish playwright. Although his first profitable writing was music and literary criticism, his main talent was for drama, and he wrote more than 60 plays. Shaw examined education, marriage, religion, government, health care and class privilege…Source | More

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Here's our Saturday thought

“As usual,
there is a great woman
behind every idiot.”

~ John Lennon

John Winston Lennon (9 October 1940 - 8 December 1980) (age 40) An English musician and singer-songwriter who rose to worldwide fame as one of the founding members of The Beatles, one of the most commercially successful and critically acclaimed acts in the history of popular music. Along with fellow Beatle Paul McCartney, he formed one of the most successful songwriting partnerships of the 20th century…Source | More

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Happy Monday :smileyhappy:

“The secret of genius
is to carry the spirit of the child into old age,
which means never losing your enthusiasm.”

~ Aldous Huxley

Aldous Leonard Huxley (26 July 1894 – 22 November 1963) was an English writer, humanist, pacifist, and satirist. Best known for his novels including Brave New World and a wide-ranging output of essays. Huxley also edited the magazine Oxford Poetry, and published short stories, poetry, travel writing, film stories and scripts…source

dhaupt
0 Kudos

It's Tuesday here's your thought for the day

“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day
with no mistakes in it yet?”

~ L.M. Montgomery

Lucy Maud Montgomery OBE (November 30, 1874 – April 24, 1942), called “Maud” by family and friends and publicly known as L. M. Montgomery, was a Canadian author best known for a series of novels beginning with Anne of Green Gables, published in 1908. Montgomery’s work, diaries and letters have been read and studied by scholars and readers worldwide…source

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Happy Wednesday peeps!!!

“Summing up,
it is clear the future holds great opportunities.

It also holds pitfalls.
The trick will be to avoid the pitfalls,

seize the opportunities,
and get back home by six o’clock.”

~ Woody Allen

Woody Allen - Born: Allen Stewart Konigsberg, December 1, 1935. An American screenwriter, film director, actor, comedian, writer, musician, and playwright. Allen’s distinctive films, which run the gamut from dramas to screwball sex comedies, have made him a notable American director. …Source

dhaupt
0 Kudos

It's Thursday do you know where your thought of the day is

It's right here :smileyhappy:

“When elephants fight,
it is the grass that suffers”

~ Kenyan Proverb

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Happy Friday peeps

here's your thought for the day check back later for a special interview with Diane Hammond and my weekend reading post

“A man is great by deeds,
not by birth.”

~ Chanakya

Chanakya: (c. 370–283 BCE) was an Indian teacher, philosopher, and royal advisor. Originally a professor of economics and political science at the ancient Takshashila University, Chanakya managed the first Maurya emperor Chandragupta’s rise to power at a young age. The Maurya Empire, was the first empire in archaeologically recorded history to rule most of the Indian subcontinent…Wikipedia

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Okay so yesterday got away from me I'll post the Diane Hammond interview and my weekend reading today! + here's our Saturday thought for the day

ct 2013 12:00 AM PDT

“The word ‘good’ has many meanings.
For example,
if a man were to shoot his grandmother
at a range of five hundred yards,
I should call him a good shot,
but not necessarily a good man.”

~ G.K Chesterton

Gilbert Keith Chesterton, (29 May 1874 – 14 June 1936) better known as G.K. Chesterton, was an English writer, lay theologian, poet, dramatist, journalist, orator, literary and art critic, biographer, and Christian apologist. Chesterton is often referred to as the “prince of paradox.”…Wikipedia

dhaupt
0 Kudos

It's Sunday and here's your daily thought

“As a child of God,
I am greater than anything
that can happen to me.”

~ Abdul Kalam

Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam (born 15 October 1931) usually referred to as Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, is an Indian scientist and administrator who served as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007…wikipedia

dhaupt
0 Kudos

HAPPY Monday :smileysad:

“One of the things I learned when I was negotiating
was that until I changed myself,
I could not change others.”

~ Nelson Mandela

Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (Born: 18 July 1918) President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999, and was the first South African president to be elected in a fully representative democratic election. Before his presidency, Mandela was an anti-apartheid activist, and the leader of Umkhonto we Sizwe, the armed wing of the African National Congress (ANC). In 1962 he was arrested and convicted of sabotage and other charges, and sentenced to life in prison, he served 27 years. Following his release from prison on 11 February 1990, Mandela led his party in the negotiations that led to multi-racial democracy in 1994. As president, he frequently gave priority to reconciliation, while introducing policies aimed at combating poverty and inequality in South Africa…Source

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Well we made it through Monday

“You must have long range goals
to keep you from being frustrated
by short range failures.”

~ Charles C. Noble

Brigadier General Charles C. Noble, United States Army