Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

GHJ
New User
GHJ
0 Kudos

Four Past Midnight

I have just received Four Past Midnight. Can anyone tell me if this is a good read or not?

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Four Past Midnight

GHJ wrote:

I have just received Four Past Midnight. Can anyone tell me if this is a good read or not?

Hi GHJ, I haven't read it but I hope someone here can let you know.

Welcome to the club

Frequent Contributor
MichelleMuto
0 Kudos

If it's the collection of novellas written by Stephen King, it's very good. One of his better collections, actually. 

The Book of Lost Souls Being a teen witch has never been more fun. Or trouble.
Don’t Fear the Reaper Because I could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me...~Emily Dickinson 17-yr-old Keely Morrison finds that death isn't any easier than life.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

MichelleMuto wrote:

If it's the collection of novellas written by Stephen King, it's very good. One of his better collections, actually. 

thanks Michelle

Correspondent
bookwormmom4
0 Kudos

Four Past Midnight  I am a huge Stephen King fan!  I read this book years ago when it first came out...scared me to death especially the last story.  Read it with all the lights on and enjoy:smileywink:

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up" Mark Twain
dhaupt
0 Kudos

bookwormmom4 wrote:

Four Past Midnight  I am a huge Stephen King fan!  I read this book years ago when it first came out...scared me to death especially the last story.  Read it with all the lights on and enjoy:smileywink:

Thanks for the recommendation and for the warning :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

It has been years since I read this but I remember it being good. There have only been a few Stephen King books that I haven't liked with

Gerald's Game  

being the only one I couldn't even finish.

If you like his shorter stories then I would also recommend

Full Dark, No Stars  

New User
JessicaRJR
0 Kudos

This is a great collection, but scary! I still remember the days of reading Rose Madder when I was young and being completely freaked out about walking outside. Anyway, highly recommend the reads, especially The Sun Dog.

My favorite books: Fiction, Non-Fiction, and anything related to Biology, Internet marketing, or Fantasy.