Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: Give me a book Please!!

I've never posted before and probably will never again...

Sidney -- please don't go away!  I'll be even sterner about that attitude than an initial misstep!

New, enthusiastic voices are always welcome.  We are probably just a little brusque about those who don't exercise a bit of what we would judge to be considerate caution and seem to invade rather than enter a new community.

It has taken me years, but I have learned to say "have a nice day" to unwanted telephone solictors, even if they have interrupted what I was doing, and to put the receiver down gently -- but firmly, without listening to their time-wasting message.  There is no need for any of us to be unduly rude.

Pepper

SIDNEY333 wrote:

Dear Peppermill,

Yes, thank you I have been informed by another member that I have made the novices mistake of posting too much about this book..although I must say your post was a bit kinder.  I've never posted before and probably will never again since after the first time I have worn out my welcome:smileyindifferent: but I was  VERY excited about this book...as I looked back over the post and saw them posted one after the other, I see how it must have appeared.  I wanted to  share a book that helped me profoundly and help this book be known.  As it is, I may have hurt the very person I was trying to help.  Thank you for your welcome in any event.  Sid

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Contributor
GregoryMartinIII
0 Kudos

Peppermill wrote:

I've never posted before and probably will never again...

Sidney -- please don't go away!  I'll be even sterner about that attitude than an initial misstep!

New, enthusiastic voices are always welcome.  We are probably just a little brusque about those who don't exercise a bit of what we would judge to be considerate caution and seem to invade rather than enter a new community.

It has taken me years, but I have learned to say "have a nice day" to unwanted telephone solictors, even if they have interrupted what I was doing, and to put the receiver down gently -- but firmly, without listening to their time-wasting message.  There is no need for any of us to be unduly rude.

Pepper

Read and Understood.

SIDNEY333 wrote:

Dear Peppermill,

Yes, thank you I have been informed by another member that I have made the novices mistake of posting too much about this book..although I must say your post was a bit kinder.  I've never posted before and probably will never again since after the first time I have worn out my welcome:smileyindifferent: but I was  VERY excited about this book...as I looked back over the post and saw them posted one after the other, I see how it must have appeared.  I wanted to  share a book that helped me profoundly and help this book be known.  As it is, I may have hurt the very person I was trying to help.  Thank you for your welcome in any event  Sid

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Sidney - Sadly, we've had people who have spammed the boards, and since then both the moderators and our supervisors are quick to warn people about this. 

We always love to hear about good books, and B&N has now set up a thread called READ MY BOOK at the Community Room to give authors a place to promote themselves, too.

We try hard to accommodate the needs of everyone, but it's not always easy to maintain that balance. Hopefully, you'll find that this is a friendly place where we all share a love of books.

Reader
Momma_Mimi
0 Kudos

If anyone has the ebook "God Ain't Through Yet" by Mary Monroe and would be willing to use the "Lend Me" feature, that would be great!  I have read the others and am looking for a cheaoer alternative to read the last one!  Thanks!

adfazzini@hotmail.com

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Momma_Mimi wrote:

If anyone has the ebook "God Ain't Through Yet" by Mary Monroe and would be willing to use the "Lend Me" feature, that would be great!  I have read the others and am looking for a cheaoer alternative to read the last one!  Thanks!

adfazzini@hotmail.com

You might want to try the Nook book club thread they may have already discussed the lending of books between members.

Good luck

Frequent Contributor
CAshkova
0 Kudos

Momma_Mimi wrote:

adfazzini@hotmail.com

I have not gotten around to this one yet.  Sorry I could not be of assistance

The one and only book worm :smileyhappy:
Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

Ken Scholes  series  "Lamentations", "Canticle", "Antiphon", fourth book almost finished.  Best I've read in a long time.  Enjoy!

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Mountain_Muse wrote:

Ken Scholes  series  "Lamentations", "Canticle", "Antiphon", fourth book almost finished.  Best I've read in a long time.  Enjoy!

See, but no I won't say I told you so. Oh what the heck I told you so :-)

It's really good to see you back on the board Mountain Muse, I hope you'll spend a lot of time here. Maybe read the featured book of the month. (hint, hint) 

Chat with you soon.

Inspired Contributor
BooksToTheCeiling
0 Kudos

What kind of books do you like? Some of my favorites have been:

Flat Crazy by Ben Ryder 

Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon by Meg Langslow

Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Mountain_Muse wrote:

See, but no I won't say I told you so. Oh what the heck I told you so :-)

It's really good to see you back on the board Mountain Muse, I hope you'll spend a lot of time here. Maybe read the featured book of the month. (hint, hint) 

Chat with you soon.

I'll go look and see what the book is.  I read last month's book, but work surprised us and we ended up buried in a special project....I have my review ready to post.  Hopefully will get to read and be active this month.....I love to read.  Miss trading views with you guys. 

Mtn_Muse

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
Contributor
handberry
0 Kudos

Titanic Echo of the Dying Confession:

Think the Titanic hit an iceberg by accident? Do you think that the whole situation befalling the steamship was clearly a situation of being in the wrong place at the wrong time? You might rethink your answer once you read this novel. What if I were to tell you that a book came out 15 year before the creation of the Titanic, which gave the basic step on how to build and sink a ship called the Titan? What would you say if I told you that someone purposely built the ship with its intended flaws all to make the ship easier to sink if struck upon its port or starboard side? What if I were to tell you that things in this world are not always as clear cut as we would like them to be? Titanic: Echo of the Dying Confession is the historical supernatural fiction, based specifically around the factual details in regards to the design, creation, and ultimately the sinking of the steamship Titanic and gives a whole new idea to the question of what was really the cause of the ship being destroyed.

Erotic Fiction:

Knights of Came-a-lot 

In the land of Came-a-lot, Knights fight to the death over dominance, land, and sexual bragging rights.   In the mighty Kogarasumaru Alliance, Thanks to Lord Koga, peace has lasted for several years, but dark forces linger out on the rim of this world seeking to dethrone the beloved lord and ruin the Alliance forever. 

Word has spread through the realm that the sinister leader of the Acheron Alliance is developing a new weapon able to take control of a man’s mind through the use of a new sexual technique.   Though this was only a rumor, Lord Koga dispatched two young and attractive females; members of the Elite Koga Sexual Infiltration Unit, and sent them in undercover, posing as new students of the local university to uncover the truth of this rumor.

Now, as they have confirmed the potential threat that this weapon may have on the Realm, they have called upon their male counterparts to assist them in the sexual initiation right that they must pass in order to infiltrate the dark ranks of the Acheron Alliance, but alas, things are not as they appear…

Beyond My Control  

Beyond My Control  

Beyond my Control  

Beyond my Control  

Beyond my Control

Beyond my Control  

Beyond my Control  

Beyond my Control   

Author Troy Veenstra
www.veenstrapublishing.biz
Frequent Contributor
ManleyPeterson
0 Kudos

@Johnny - since you are asking for any types of books, I would like to mention my book called Bloated Goat for $.99 on Nook. It is a funny, fantasy adventure about talking animals that get in crazy situations. I think people of all ages will enjoy it.

Thanks,

Manley Peterson

Bloated Goat

Manley Peterson

Manley's Bookshelf
manleypeterson.blogspot.com
New User
lunaCT
0 Kudos

new book,short stories, "The Redbone Chronicles" C L Taylor

Frequent Contributor
MrsWaki
0 Kudos

true!
SIDNEY333 wrote:

iF YOU HUNT DOWN BOOKS...............go out and get TARA'S JOURNAL by CATHERINE ANNE you won't be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor
John_Gaffield
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am a relatively new author and I have some ghost story novels and short stories available for the Nook. This includes some short stories, which are both free for now. I also am an automotive engineer in Michigan. I enjoyed writing these stories and I hope that at least some people will enjoy reading them as well.

Heir to Winston Manor  is $2.99:
Tim Weir is stunned to learn that he is included in the will of his great uncle. Taking time off from work, he visits the large estate on the west coast of Michigan that will be his. Quickly realizing he may not be alone in the vacant house, Tim searches for an explanation for the restless spirits that remain in the house and to understand the true reason he inherited the manor. (about 44,000 words).

The Wahl House Curse  is $2.99:
Peter Corbin is in need of a change in his job as a realtor in a busy Michigan suburb. A chance to transfer to a small town in mid-Michigan seems to be what he and his wife Sarah need. They purchase an old house for a bargain price without much concern for the troubled past. This proves to be something he will soon regret. (about 60,000 words).

The Ghost of Birch River Cabin , a short story, is temporarily free:
Staying at a dark secluded cabin along the Birch River that his uncle owns seems like the perfect fly fishing weekend getaway for Paul. Strange occurrences begin happening. Will it be enough to prevent the unknown history of the cabin from being repeated? (about 5500 words).

Slow Down  is free:

A short story about a careless driver, named Scott, who causes a tragedy. Scott is haunted by his actions. Will it cause him to change his ways?

Thank you,

John T. Gaffield

dhaupt
0 Kudos

John_Gaffield wrote:

Hello!

I am a relatively new author and I have some ghost story novels and short stories available for the Nook. This includes some short stories, which are both free for now. I also am an automotive engineer in Michigan. I enjoyed writing these stories and I hope that at least some people will enjoy reading them as well.

Heir to Winston Manor  is $2.99:
Tim Weir is stunned to learn that he is included in the will of his great uncle. Taking time off from work, he visits the large estate on the west coast of Michigan that will be his. Quickly realizing he may not be alone in the vacant house, Tim searches for an explanation for the restless spirits that remain in the house and to understand the true reason he inherited the manor. (about 44,000 words).

The Wahl House Curse  is $2.99:
Peter Corbin is in need of a change in his job as a realtor in a busy Michigan suburb. A chance to transfer to a small town in mid-Michigan seems to be what he and his wife Sarah need. They purchase an old house for a bargain price without much concern for the troubled past. This proves to be something he will soon regret. (about 60,000 words).

The Ghost of Birch River Cabin , a short story, is temporarily free:
Staying at a dark secluded cabin along the Birch River that his uncle owns seems like the perfect fly fishing weekend getaway for Paul. Strange occurrences begin happening. Will it be enough to prevent the unknown history of the cabin from being repeated? (about 5500 words).

Slow Down  is free:

A short story about a careless driver, named Scott, who causes a tragedy. Scott is haunted by his actions. Will it cause him to change his ways?

Thank you,

John T. Gaffield

Thank you John for telling us about your nook books and for letting us know that the short stories are being offered for free.

Good luck and stop back by anytime

Frequent Contributor
John_Gaffield
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the encouragement, Debbie! It is appreciated!

Frequent Contributor
John_Gaffield
0 Kudos

Re: FREE Horror Novel for Nook!

I have a new FREE horror short story now available for the Nook:

Winter Visitor  

Darren was awakened by a strange sound within his bedroom with a blizzard and subzero temperatures outside. He realized he was no longer alone in his room. Was someone or something after him? Will he be able to evade the visitor?

Frequent Contributor
Fan4SFGiants
0 Kudos

Try any Lawrence Block Novel,The Neighbor,by Lisa Gardner,Live To Tell,by Lisa Gardner,The Long Fall or Known To Evil by Walter Mosley,any Lawrence Block novel,or I'm Dreaming of a Black Christmas by Lewis Black.

Reading For Pleasure

LTsypkin
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: FREE Horror Novel for Nook!

John_Gaffield wrote:

I have a new FREE horror short story now available for the Nook:

Winter Visitor  

Darren was awakened by a strange sound within his bedroom with a blizzard and subzero temperatures outside. He realized he was no longer alone in his room. Was someone or something after him? Will he be able to evade the visitor?

thanks John