Contributor
JMBAR
0 Kudos

Re: Historical Fiction?

This is fiction based on the documents in the South Dakota State Archives for the Canton Indian Insane Asylum that was in existence from 1904 to 1934.  A congressional investigation in 1934 revealed such terrible abuse and mistreatment that the facility had to be closed.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

JMBAR wrote:

This is fiction based on the documents in the South Dakota State Archives for the Canton Indian Insane Asylum that was in existence from 1904 to 1934.  A congressional investigation in 1934 revealed such terrible abuse and mistreatment that the facility had to be closed.

Fallen Hopes, Taken Dreams  

Thanks it looks like something that should interest quite a few of the members here

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

JMBAR wrote:

Fallen Hopes, Taken Dreams  

Thanks it looks like something that should interest quite a few of the members here

So many books, so little time ........but I just had to download it

Anne

New User
Read-fan
0 Kudos

I am new to this site so hope I'm replying to the right person.  I love historical fiction.  There is a  Civil War fiction series that won the fiction award in Arkansas last year.  There are 3 book, all is very good.  The 4th is supposed to be released next month.  The books are titled Where the Road Begins, A Difference of Opinion, and A Long Way to Go.

I would also like to know any good historical fiction suggestions!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Read-fan wrote:

I am new to this site so hope I'm replying to the right person.  I love historical fiction.  There is a  Civil War fiction series that won the fiction award in Arkansas last year.  There are 3 book, all is very good.  The 4th is supposed to be released next month.  The books are titled Where the Road Begins, A Difference of Opinion, and A Long Way to Go.

I would also like to know any good historical fiction suggestions!

Hi Read-fan. There are a great many of Historical fiction fans here.

I like some of them.

here are a list of my favorite

Outlaw  A tale of Robin Hood

The House of Velvet and Glass  A novel in the times of the Titanic  and WWI

Overseas  A time travel masterpiece with a romantic elements

Daughters of the Witching Hill  A novel about the real Witch Trials of Pendle England in 1612

This is the first two of the All Souls trilogy, it's time travel, paranormal but it's written by a History Professor and is really acurate in details of the times

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy #1) 

Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #2) 

this is also time travel but not paranormal and also very time distinct.

Outlander (20th Anniversary Edition)        

Bridge of Scarlet Leaves  

A WWII tale of love and loss

I hope you find many good reads here and check out my list of 2013 reads where I have a few historical features already picked out here

And thanks for visiting I hope you're a frequent guest