Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
jmtamez
0 Kudos

Jodi Picoult's Salem Falls.

I need to talk to someone who has read Jodi Picoult's Salem Falls. I just finished this tonight and holy crap!! it's an awesome read...you are sucked right in to the story line. I have a question about the ending..whether or not what I think is happening is really happening or not.

synopsis for those who haven't read it...
Jack St. Bride was once a beloved teacher and soccer coach at a girls' prep school - until a student's crush sparked a powder keg of accusation and robbed him of his career and reputation. Now, after a devastatingly public ordeal that left him with an eight-month jail sentence and no job, Jack resolves to pick up the pieces of his life. He takes a job washing dishes at Addie Peabody's diner and slowly starts to form a relationship with her in the quiet New England village of Salem Falls. But just when Jack thinks he has outrun his past, a quartet of teenage girls with a secret turn his world upside down once again, triggering a modern-day witch hunt in a town haunted by its own history…
Jeanne
Let's talk books! www.booktalks.org
New User
starlight_x
0 Kudos

Re: Jodi Picoult's Salem Falls.

i have also just finished reading it and was desperate to find someone else who had read it!
want to discuss ending!?
Frequent Contributor
jmtamez
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
yes!!! I am pm'ing you!

Message Edited by jmtamez on 04-23-200706:06 PM

Jeanne
Let's talk books! www.booktalks.org
New User
Cherry-Blossom
0 Kudos

i have just started reading Jodi Picoult's Salem Falls I am trying to find someone to talk to about it. I know this thread is old but anyone out there message me about it

Jaymie
New User
tigerlilly25
0 Kudos

I just finished Salem Falls as well as I am confused as to what occurs at the end...i think i know what happened but I'm not sure
Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

tigerlilly25 wrote:
I just finished Salem Falls as well as I am confused as to what occurs at the end...i think i know what happened but I'm not sure

Hi Tigerlilly, It's been about 4 years since I read this book but I think I remember what happens. ****SPOILER ALERT**** If I recall correctly it is the father that has been molesting the girl that made the accusations (it's not really written in blatantly but implied). Is that what you were wondering about?

Message Edited by pjpick on 01-18-2008 10:32 PM

Message Edited by pjpick on 01-18-2008 10:33 PM
New User
mj696
0 Kudos

I just finished this book a couple days ago too!

MJ
New User
milesce
0 Kudos

Loved this one, although my favorite by her is My Sister's Keeper. I thought the whole business about the Wiccan celebration in the woods was interesting. I'm a big fan of S.M. Stirling's "The Change" series, which also centers around Wiccan customs, which I knew nothing about until reading those.
--------------
Charles Sheehan-Miles

http://www.sheehanmiles.com
New User
dana0212
0 Kudos

I love Jodi Picolut's books. The end of Salem Falls also sent me spinning. I just finished 19 mintues. That is a worth the read also.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

dana0212 wrote:
I love Jodi Picolut's books. The end of Salem Falls also sent me spinning. I just finished 19 mintues. That is a worth the read also.

Oh! yes! I have loved all of her books but I feel she is just getting better and better with every book she writes. They are all about "sticky" subjects that people have trouble revealing how they feel about the subject. And Nineteen minutes is definitely in that catagory. That will be on a club here in March.
Frequent Contributor
butterfly30
0 Kudos

This is funny. I have read on the message board how great her books are, so when I was at B/N the other day I looked at them. I have been seeing them all over the place. So I bought Salem Falls. I guess I will have to move it up on my list to read. Happy Reading!
"Tomorrow Is A brand New Day With No Mistakes In It" Anne of Green Gables
New User
originalremixx13
0 Kudos

I've read every one of Jodi Picoult's books except for Nineteen Minutes which im getting this weekend, and I'm only 13. These are amazing books and Salem Falls was one of my top reads. Many of my friends weren't aloud to read this book becuase of the topic it's about. I talk to my teachers and they are horrified that I read this book but I don't see a problem with it. If anyone wants a recommendation for another one of her books let me know!
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

butterfly30 wrote:
This is funny. I have read on the message board how great her books are, so when I was at B/N the other day I looked at them. I have been seeing them all over the place. So I bought Salem Falls. I guess I will have to move it up on my list to read. Happy Reading!

I loved that book. There are some points to the book that seems blurred since I read so much I need to reread it to get it clear in my head to discuss it again. Its been years since I have read it. But I do remember I loved it and it did make a giant impact on me.
Frequent Contributor
butterfly30
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
 Sorry about all the posting, I don't Know what happened!

I just finished Salem Falls.  The first book of Jodi Picoult I have read and I thought it was great.

*******Spoiler Alert********

I think you feel every emotion in the book.  I got angry with it all.  You just know that Jack St.Bride is innocent.  The way that he is treated in town.  I kinda of thought that Amos what abusing his daughter, with all the things that she was doing to herself something didn't seem right.  I kept waiting for it to come out I just didn't think it would come out at the end like that.  The guy has been sick his while life, he was one of the three that raped Addie.  I am happy that Catherine Marsh came forward.  So young to have to live with know ingyou destroyed a mans life. 

A very great book.  I just bought 19 min today.

Message Edited by butterfly30 on 02-28-2008 12:49 AM
Frequent Contributor
butterfly30
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Message Edited by butterfly30 on 02-28-2008 12:33 AM
Frequent Contributor
butterfly30
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Message Edited by butterfly30 on 02-28-2008 12:34 AM
Frequent Contributor
butterfly30
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Message Edited by butterfly30 on 02-28-2008 12:35 AM
Frequent Contributor
butterfly30
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Message Edited by butterfly30 on 02-28-2008 12:32 AM
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

butterfly30 wrote:

Message Edited by butterfly30 on 02-28-2008 12:32 AM

Thanks for telling me the story line. It has been a few years and it was bleary. Thanks again. You brought it all back to me.  Yes, 19 min. will be on moderator book reads in March. I know we will have a wonderful read, make sure you join us.
Contributor
THE-RED-BARON
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am sooo glad others have read and are talking about this book. I liked it and the ending...wow!

Message Edited by THE-RED-BARON on 09-17-2008 10:35 AM
"Words. The fancier they come, the awesomer they are."
â Edgar Allen Poe