Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Queenook
0 Kudos

Life is not going to get in the way

Although I have always enjoyed/loved reading I have never been what you would call an avid reader. I always allowed the many ways that life pulls you to get in the way, but no more. How is it that something I love so much I don't do? Well it is all about priorities and that is on me. I bought the nook yesterday and devoured my first book in a day! I LOVE THAT THING!

I am hoping to be introduced to new authors here and discover some of the old as well. I look forward to getting to know you all here and ask for your patience as I get familiar with the site.

Happy Reading,

Soozie

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Life is not going to get in the way

Soozie, Welcome and YOU GO!!

You described me about 10 years ago, sitting in front of the boob tube and watching whatever the networks decided was good. Then I re-discovered books and look out. I have a new passion.

We are going to be discussing Drawing in the Dust for our August read, see if it's available on Nook and join us. 

If you like mystery go on over to the mystery book club Becke the moderator there is wonderful.

I look forward to chatting with you in the future.

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Queenook wrote:

Although I have always enjoyed/loved reading I have never been what you would call an avid reader. I always allowed the many ways that life pulls you to get in the way, but no more. How is it that something I love so much I don't do? Well it is all about priorities and that is on me. I bought the nook yesterday and devoured my first book in a day! I LOVE THAT THING!

I am hoping to be introduced to new authors here and discover some of the old as well. I look forward to getting to know you all here and ask for your patience as I get familiar with the site.

Happy Reading,

Soozie

Hi Soozie, I also welcome you to the boards, and hope you get to know the nice people who live here! You've joined a family community!

As I tend to be philosophical about life; it happens, whether we like it or not; and the people who enter it with you; reading is always going to be your rock.  Even though you may set it aside for a while, and let life progress,  you'll know that you can depend on a good book, or even the people here at B&N, standing-by whenever you feel the need to turn a page.

Reading and life is synonymous.  We learn from both.  Two hands that clasp together.  Better to have two, than just one.  I hope you can join in and read along with us,  and please don't be afraid to ask us questions.  We're here to help in any way we can. These boards are open 24-7.  And by all means, have fun!

Kathy S.

Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Hello Queenook... fellow-nooklover...

I too am smitten with my nook. I have always loved books; but my infatuation with my nook goes beyond the pleasure of reading.

It's ease-of-use and convenience is unsurpassed... it even surpasses the invention of on-line banking, which gave my life new meaning.

It's the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning, and it goes to sleep with me at night.

Queenook wrote:

I bought the nook yesterday and devoured my first book in a day! I LOVE THAT THING!

Happy Reading,

Soozie

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
KathyS
0 Kudos

IBIS wrote:

I too am smitten with my nook. I have always loved books; but my infatuation with my nook goes beyond the pleasure of reading.

It's ease-of-use and convenience is unsurpassed... it even surpasses the invention of on-line banking, which gave my life new meaning.

It's the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning, and it goes to sleep with me at night.

Don't tell anyone, but I sometimes tuck a book under my pillow at night....is that where you keep your Nook, I. ? :smileyhappy:

Peppermill
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

IBIS wrote:

Don't tell anyone, but I sometimes tuck a book under my pillow at night....is that where you keep your Nook, I. ? :smileyhappy:

A pillow on my couch says:  "Book lovers never go to bed alone" -- Anon.   :smileysurprised:

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Inspired Contributor
PollyAnnaPH

Drawing in the Dust is absolutely available for your Nook.  I just got it for myself.  I truly don't know how I managed my life before my cell phone and my nook became my constant companions.  It's a good thing my husband isn't the jealous type. 

Pam
The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
KathyS
0 Kudos

Pepper, you have a wise pillow.  :smileyhappy:  btw, these are not hardbacks that I tuck under my pillow!  Ha!

Peppermill wrote:

KathyS wrote:

IBIS wrote:

A pillow on my couch says:  "Book lovers never go to bed alone" -- Anon.   :smileysurprised:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Pam, I have to admit that my hubby does turn a little green with my love/passion/obsession of reading. Oh well we've been married for over 30 years and I guess a few pages won't do any more harm than what  life throws at us.  ;-)

PollyAnnaPH wrote:

Drawing in the Dust is absolutely available for your Nook.  I just got it for myself.  I truly don't know how I managed my life before my cell phone and my nook became my constant companions.  It's a good thing my husband isn't the jealous type.