New User
Lissaluvsbooks
0 Kudos

Lionel Shriver

I recently read a book by Lionel Shriver called We Need To Talk About Kevin. The story was so compelling I could not put it down for 3 days until I had finished it. What impressed me most was the quality of writing, I have never read anything written so eloquent. It is one of my all time favorites, I recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading fiction that mirrors real life. I was wondering if anyone has read her most recent novel Double Fault? If so did you enjoy it?
Distinguished Wordsmith
Carmenere_lady
0 Kudos

Re: Lionel Shriver

Hi Lissa,

I read We Need...a couple of years ago. In fact Lionel was, in fact, an author-led host at that time. She was a delight. My son was young at the time and I became totally absorbed in Kevin's behavior so much so that I would monitor my child for any Kevin tendency's. None found I'm happy to report. But yes, this is a book that definately stays with you for a long time.
I'm so glad I stumbled upon your post because I did not know that she had a new book available. Double Fault. I will look into it.

Happy reading and hope you get lots of books from Santa.

Carmen
Lynda

"I think of literature.....as a vast country to the far borders of which I am journeying but will never reach."
The Uncommon Reader

"You've been running around naked in the stacks again, haven't you?"
"Um, maybe."
The Time Traveler's Wife

It is with books as with men; a very small number play a great part.
Voltaire
Contributor
wench
0 Kudos

Re: Lionel Shriver

My favorite book of 2006 is Breating Paris by Erin Headley. Other than the Bible, it is my favorite book period. It's well worth the time.
Lizzie