Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie

May Book Selection: The Palace of Illusions

Wonderful news!  Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni  will be joining us in May for  discussion of her novel:

The Palace of Illusions  

Please check it out- you can read the first chapter on her webstite Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni 

Stephanie
Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Re: May Book Selection: The Palace of Illusions

Yeah!  Wonderful, for sure!  I took part in a B&N group with this author for her book Queen of Dreams.  I recall her being very interactive with us readers.

Also, I am glad to see a book that is out in paperback being discussed.  I think there will be more participation with a book that has been out, become known, and is available in paperback. 

Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

That looks good. I was wondering what the May selection might be, I don't know how I missed this thread.

I just downloaded a sample to my kindle so I can check it out.

Stephanie wrote:

Wonderful news!  Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni  will be joining us in May for  discussion of her novel:

The Palace of Illusions  

Please check it out- you can read the first chapter on her webstite Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni 

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

I'm so glad you're excited, I am too.  And Laura, I know what you mean about the paperback.  
Stephanie
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Deb,

What did you think of the sample?  

Stephanie
Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

Actually I haven't gotten to it. One bad thing about the Kindle is that you don't quite realize the depth of one's addiction as well as when you can actually see a stack to books waiting to be read and shaming you into finishing those before getting a new one. I didn't quite realize that I am reading about 5 books at once. I plan to do a lot of catching up this weekend.

I was just checking out one of the reads for the Mystery board and now I am 1/2 way through.

There should be a law that says we can skip work when we feel like reading! Not that I would ever work in that case.

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Deb,

If it's the 1st chapter, it's probably pretty short.  I am really enjoying Chitra's style - I immediately feel as though her characters are fully formed. 

Stephanie