Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt

Monthly Nook Feature starts in January

1102344735.png1110060426.png1110060512.png

Hey peeps.

I'm adding a monthly Nook feature starting in January, since we all seem to be e-reading quite a lot it only seems fair.

But I need some input from all my friends here.

What would you like to see in your Nook feature, would you like a different kind of read each month.

Maybe a historical followed by a contemporary, maybe every so many months we choose from a Free Friday Nook book.

So put on your thinking caps and let's have fun starting in January with our new Nook monthly feature.

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

Re: Monthly Nook Feature starts in January

dhaupt wrote:

Hey peeps.

I'm adding a monthly Nook feature starting in January, since we all seem to be e-reading quite a lot it only seems fair.

What would you like to see in your Nook feature, would you like a different kind of read each month.

Maybe a historical followed by a contemporary, maybe every so many months we choose from a Free Friday Nook book.

So put on your thinking caps and let's have fun starting in January with our new Nook monthly feature.

Sounds like a great idea!  Should I save this week's Free Friday book for this feature?

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Hey peeps.

Sounds like a great idea!  Should I save this week's Free Friday book for this feature?

Hi TarHeelGirl, I don't know. I'm still waiting for suggestions and I'm not sure how I'll run the feature whether we'll read by sections or just a whole book discussion. Still kind of all up in the air.

So what are your thoughts?

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Hey peeps.

Hi TarHeelGirl, I don't know. I'm still waiting for suggestions and I'm not sure how I'll run the feature whether we'll read by sections or just a whole book discussion. Still kind of all up in the air.

I like your idea of having different kinds of books.  As far as whether to read by sections or the whole book, I am open to whatever you decide.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Hey peeps.

I like your idea of having different kinds of books.  As far as whether to read by sections or the whole book, I am open to whatever you decide.

Thanks for your input!!!

Scribe
Mountain_Muse

Hmmmmmmmmm  I love the Nook feature!!!!  

How about choosing from the Publit book selections that B&N offers for the reads, this could also be an opportunity to showcase new authors.

Or

The idea, I think is to make the choice for the Nook feature be a book unique for E-readers, like Publit, or e-reader pre-release.

or 

A First Look in E-reader 

You know a switch up on the book readers.... a read on books that you have to have a nook to be able to read. :smileywink:  

Muse

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
dhaupt

Mountain_Muse wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmm  I love the Nook feature!!!!  

How about choosing from the Publit book selections that B&N offers for the reads, this could also be an opportunity to showcase new authors.

Or

The idea, I think is to make the choice for the Nook feature be a book unique for E-readers, like Publit, or e-reader pre-release.

or 

A First Look in E-reader 

You know a switch up on the book readers.... a read on books that you have to have a nook to be able to read. :smileywink:  

Muse

Well Muse that is an interesting idea, something to think about.

I don't think I would limit the nook feature to only pubit authors, but having one every few months would be a nice way to showcase them.

Thanks

Contributor
librarydancer
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what you are trying to do with the new Nook feature -- make some decisions on that, and then you will have a better idea...
Wordsmith
elaine_hf

Hi Deb,

I'm also having a little trouble figuring out how this would differ from everything else here. I love the idea, but how would it be distinguished from your pick of the month and the bookclub read? Like Muse, I'm wondering if it shouldn't be something unique to the nook, that you can't get as a paper version. Like a Pubit book. So, maybe either a Pubit or one of the Daily Finds or a Free Friday selection, like - alternate between them. One that is not only exclusive to ereaders but that is a particularly good book. 

Elaine

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
Scribe
Mountain_Muse

Elaine, That's what I was thinking, too. Something to highlight Nook Readers and books that are available to them (and/or only to them)
Muse
A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Great suggestions everyone

The Daily Find and Free Friday selections are most often also found in paper versions the only true e-book is the Pubit.

So something for me to think about.

Thanks everyone :smileyhappy:

dhaupt

Thank you all for your suggestions and thoughts.

I'm planning on trolling through the nook forums to get some last minute ideas and will have the final feature plan sometime next week.