Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
bloominglove
0 Kudos

Need help finding an old children's book.

I hope this is the right forum to be posting on.

I need help remembering the title of an old children's picture book I read when I was still in grade school.

This is what I can remember of the story:

There was a little girl that was mad at her mom. She went into the forest or something and got a magic purple lollipop from a witch. The lollipop was for her mother, when her mother eats the candy she would have something bad happened to her.

As she was walking home she encounter some animals in the forest. One of them was a horse. She let the horse eat a bit of the lollipop and he grew a horn on his forehead. Another animal she met up with were cats. She also gave the candy to kittens and they grew wings and flew off. The mother cat chased after them. She met with a few others but I can't remember.

By time she got home the lollipop was gone. The girl felt bad for was happened to the animals and didn't want it to happen to her mom. She was hiding the lollipop stick behind her back, when she reviled it to her mom the stick had turned into a big purple flower.

And that's all I remember of the story. If you can help me find the name of this story I'd greatly appreciate it! :smileyhappy:

Jenny

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Re: Need help finding an old children's book.

Sorry - that one doesn't ring a bell at all.  Your best bet is to post your message (you can copy and paste it so you don't have to retype) in our Lost Books thread. 

Stephanie
Reader
bloominglove
0 Kudos

Re: Need help finding an old children's book.

Thanks Stephanie! :smileyhappy: