Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
ML_Steger
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.

Here's my plug: My ebook A Paranormal Menagerie  came out about a month ago. It contains 7 short stories and one novella.  Thanks for checking it out. 

-M. L. Steger

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.

ML_Steger wrote:

Here's my plug: My ebook A Paranormal Menagerie  came out about a month ago. It contains 7 short stories and one novella.  Thanks for checking it out. 

-M. L. Steger

Thanks ML for bringing it to our attention

Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

The Chimney Still Stands by Tammy Snyder is currently available for $0.99!

The Chimney Still Stands on "eStands" everywhere! :smileyhappy:

AND...I am now available for Virtual Author Visits via Skype!
dhaupt
0 Kudos

novelimagination wrote:

The Chimney Still Stands by Tammy Snyder is currently available for $0.99!

Wow Tammy, that's a deal

Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@ Debbie

What can I say, I love my fans! :smileyvery-happy:

The Chimney Still Stands on "eStands" everywhere! :smileyhappy:

AND...I am now available for Virtual Author Visits via Skype!
Contributor
JMBAR
0 Kudos

Dark Side   Do you believe in ghosts?  Jenny Garrett didn't either, until ...

Contributor
JMBAR
0 Kudos

Necessary Measures  

Frequent Contributor
SorrowHeart
0 Kudos

Lies the Heart Tells by Jenna Storm

Contemporary Romance - 165,000 words  -- .99 nook book

Hired by newspaper owner Laura Danilov to run a project aimed at reintroducing wolves into the wilds of Montana, Drew Allison has had little success signing on local ranchers to her cause. Instead, the ranch where she’s headquartered has suffered a string of malicious pranks she suspects is aimed at shutting her project down. When Mackenzie Sawyer falls out of a tree and into a job taking care of the ranch, Drew thinks her luck has changed for the better.

Things soon go from bad to worse, however, and Drew realizes nothing is as it seems – especially Mackenzie Sawyer.

When her quest for answers turns up a most unexpected one, she isn’t sure what to believe. She must then decide whether to listen to reason or to follow her heart as she attempts to discover what lies the heart tells and why.

Contributor
sgraffwriter
0 Kudos

RIVER DAWN for 99 cents.

RIVER DAWN is a dystopian novel for older teens and young adults, primarily.  But I think it's appropriate for anyone who likes this type of fiction.   It tells the story of 15 year old Alice Page on a journey down a dark, flooded river in the aftermath of a worldwide environmental disaster.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/river-dawn-a-novel-by-stephen-graff-stephen-graff/1032390085?ean=294...

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: RIVER DAWN for 99 cents.

sgraffwriter wrote:

RIVER DAWN is a dystopian novel for older teens and young adults, primarily.  But I think it's appropriate for anyone who likes this type of fiction.   It tells the story of 15 year old Alice Page on a journey down a dark, flooded river in the aftermath of a worldwide environmental disaster.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/river-dawn-a-novel-by-stephen-graff-stephen-graff/1032390085?ean=294...

RIVER DAWN, a novel by Stephen Graff  

thanks for pointing out your book, it does look great

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Nook books available - Authors please promote your novels here.

The sequel to it is also now available so you can check them both out!

Melissa

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available - Authors please promote your novels here.

Mrs-Smith wrote:

The sequel to it is also now available so you can check them both out!

Melissa

Thanks for the heads up Melissa and good luck with the book

New User
BarbaraBillig
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

THE DISQUIET SURVIVORS of The Nuclear Catastrophe  THE DISQUIET SURVIVORS of The Nuclear Catastrophe (a fiction novel of suspense)

My book, “The Nuclear Catastrophe (a fiction novel of suspense)” started out over 30 years ago when I was a high school science teacher.  It was published in 1977 as a hardcover novel.  It can still be found in numerous libraries across the United States. 

When the Fukushima nuclear catastrophe occurred, out of curiousity I googled the name of my book.  It was still being sold as a used book on several sites, including Amazon & Barnes and Noble.  Since
there was still interest I decided to update the book and bring it back into print  as an Ebook with the updated title above.  It is now available as a NOOK Book for 99 cents.  Here's a quick synopsis:

Set in beautiful sunny Southern California, Ben Harrington and his
pregnant wife, Sara, live in San Mirado. Ben is head of Whitewater
Nuclear Power Plant. On a fateful day, what could NEVER
happen.....does happen. Ben and Sara, the plant workers, the people
living in San Mirado and those in adjacent cities all have to make
decisions as to what to do, where to go.

Their choices have  have both good and bad consequences - and some last
forever.

This fictional story brings home the reality of what would or could
happen.. History has shown us time after time that......what can go
wrong....will go wrong. What would YOU do? Your answers may be
different after reading this novel.

Click below to go to the NOOK BOOK page for further info on this 99 cent  EBook

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/THE-DISQUIET-SURVIVORS-of-The-Nuclear-Catastrophe/Barbara-C-Griffin...

Thanks so much and happy reading.  Barbara Griffin Billig

Author of THE DISQUIET SURVIVORS of The Nuclear Catastrophe
(a fiction novel of suspense).
Follow Barbara on twitter: @BarbaraBillig
Follow Barbara's blog: http://www.thenuclearcatastrophe.blogspot.com
Contributor
ML_Steger
0 Kudos

Which Way to the Manor?  I just repriced my ebook "Which Way to the Manor?" to 99 cents.

Excerpt:

"Now give me all your jewels and valuables. You!" he said motioning to me with his gun, "-you on the crutches, empty your pockets."

I tried the best I could while holding up my crutches, except I didn't do it very well. I slid on the mud and fell on my derriere.

Inspector Matty tried to help me, but the highwayman gave out a warning shot.

"Don't get any closer, let him do it himself," said the highwayman.

"I can't do it myself." I told him, "One of my legs is in a cast."

"What? Do you mean to tell me that one of your legs is in a cast?" the highwayman repeated.

"Yes, that's what I said."

"You wouldn't happen to be one of the men I met on the road, say... about three days ago?"

"Yes."

"Well, why didn't you say so. Imagine seeing you again?"

The highwayman helped me to my feet.

..."Imagine that! I was trying to rob you again." He chuckled, "You can't seem to get away from me can you?"

New User
BarbaraBillig
0 Kudos

Three weeks ago I posted a synopsis of my book THE DISQUIET SURVIVORS of The Nuclear Catastrophe (a fiction novel of suspense). Sales on Amazon kindle have been very encouraging and increasing weekly.  The Nook Bookers have been very quiet and I am wondering why?  Please log in to my blog:  www.thenuclearcatastrophe.blogspot.com

or follow me on twitter:  @barbarabillig

And if you can find me on B&N at http://search.barnesandnoble.com/THE-DISQUIET-SURVIVORS-of-The-Nuclear-Catastrophe/Barbara-C-Griffin...

I would love to have you join the group that is concerned about what might happen to us if we had an incident like
Fukushima here!!!!

Author of THE DISQUIET SURVIVORS of The Nuclear Catastrophe
(a fiction novel of suspense).
Follow Barbara on twitter: @BarbaraBillig
Follow Barbara's blog: http://www.thenuclearcatastrophe.blogspot.com
New User
heartsrus
0 Kudos

Hotdish Haiklu is a collection of haiku honoring hotdish- the term Minnesotans use for a  casserole.  But in Minnesota, the cuisine takes on an almost sacred status. Written bycomedian Pat Dennis, Mary E. Hirsch (former scriptwriter for Garrison Keillor's Prairie Home Companion) and other notable Midwest humorists, the book is packed with 50  hysterically funny haiku and 30 oriental hotdish recipes.  Example of the haiku--casserole displayed, gratifciation delayed, tongue needs oven mitt.

Featured in Midwest Living Magazine.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

heartsrus wrote:

Hotdish Haiklu is a collection of haiku honoring hotdish- the term Minnesotans use for a  casserole.  But in Minnesota, the cuisine takes on an almost sacred status. Written bycomedian Pat Dennis, Mary E. Hirsch (former scriptwriter for Garrison Keillor's Prairie Home Companion) and other notable Midwest humorists, the book is packed with 50  hysterically funny haiku and 30 oriental hotdish recipes.  Example of the haiku--casserole displayed, gratifciation delayed, tongue needs oven mitt.

Featured in Midwest Living Magazine.

Hotdish Haiku 

here's the cover and link for the book, it looks good but it's a little more than .99¢

New User
Heidi202
0 Kudos

Here's my latest novel, High.......Hope you enjoy reading it.Its a great read for .99

High  

Heidi Jacobsen, creative person......
New User
Heidi202
0 Kudos

Golfing With Cliff  

Golfing with Cliff is a fun read about Cliff's adventures on the golf course....A great read for .99...Check it out if you are a golf enthusiast.

New User
Heidi202
0 Kudos

The Catman   A fantastic children's story for .99!!!!

Pierre and the cats lived on an old weatherworn houseboat on the water called "Catman Do". It was a junky old boat that Pierre had purchased from an old fisherman named Fred for a song. They loved living on the houseboat, even though sometimes the water scared them." My cats, my cats, you did well tonight," Pierre crooned to them. "Tonight we will feast on shrimp creole and prawns, I have a special treat for you mes chiens." They reached the boat and boarded, each cat scampering to their spot. Pierre took off his clothes and put on an apron to begin cooking for the night. All three stray cats loved Pierre because he had befriended them and saved them from life on the streets of Key West. Little did they know that tonight the cats would save Pierre from the dreaded Pirates.