Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Frequent Contributor
cebj25
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎04-03-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.

Dust Storm  western short story for $.99

In this western short story, fifteen years after the Civil War, Matt Taylor comes through Tucson as part of his travels. He stops at the local Cafe, meets a woman he instantly falls in love with, only for her father, a former Confederate Colonel to order him to leave town. Matt doesn't, the Colonel tries to bribe some Bandidos to force Matt to leave, but instead, his daughter is kidnapped. So, Matt and the Colonel have to lay aside their differences to rescue her. Find out if they do in this short story.

 

Voyager and the Aliens  short science fiction story $.99

In this short story, aliens come across television broadcasts from an unknown planet to them. Then, they come across a probe from same planet that tells them everything they need to know about this planet and its people. They decide to visit the planet, but when they arrive, not everything is as it seems.

 

Out of Time  a time travel novella for $.99

In the 2150's, Dr. John Hawking, who is an almost exact clone of the famous 20th/21st century scientist, Stephen Hawking, discovers time is actually fluid; past, present, and future all exist at the same time. What he doesn't know, is if the current timeline can change when something is changed in the past. The US government wants him to find out. The theme being to make right what once went wrong.

Hawking's invention only works with a spaceship, so one is renamed the USS Albert Einstein, and he goes on time travel adventures with military members assigned to the ship. They go back to Wounded Knee in 1890, the Titanic in 1912, Anne Frank and her family in 1940, President Kennedy in 1963, and various NASA spacecraft from 1970 to 1986.

Scribe
optic_i
Posts: 749
Registered: ‎06-26-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.


cebj25 wrote:

Dust Storm  western short story for $.99

In this western short story, fifteen years after the Civil War, Matt Taylor comes through Tucson as part of his travels. He stops at the local Cafe, meets a woman he instantly falls in love with, only for her father, a former Confederate Colonel to order him to leave town. Matt doesn't, the Colonel tries to bribe some Bandidos to force Matt to leave, but instead, his daughter is kidnapped. So, Matt and the Colonel have to lay aside their differences to rescue her. Find out if they do in this short story.

 

Voyager and the Aliens  short science fiction story $.99

In this short story, aliens come across television broadcasts from an unknown planet to them. Then, they come across a probe from same planet that tells them everything they need to know about this planet and its people. They decide to visit the planet, but when they arrive, not everything is as it seems.

 

Out of Time  a time travel novella for $.99

In the 2150's, Dr. John Hawking, who is an almost exact clone of the famous 20th/21st century scientist, Stephen Hawking, discovers time is actually fluid; past, present, and future all exist at the same time. What he doesn't know, is if the current timeline can change when something is changed in the past. The US government wants him to find out. The theme being to make right what once went wrong.

Hawking's invention only works with a spaceship, so one is renamed the USS Albert Einstein, and he goes on time travel adventures with military members assigned to the ship. They go back to Wounded Knee in 1890, the Titanic in 1912, Anne Frank and her family in 1940, President Kennedy in 1963, and various NASA spacecraft from 1970 to 1986.


 Hi cebj25,  Thanks for telling us about these 99cent books! Out Of Time looks like one I would really enjoy !

 

Optic :smileyhappy: 

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,843
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.


cebj25 wrote:

Dust Storm  western short story for $.99

In this western short story, fifteen years after the Civil War, Matt Taylor comes through Tucson as part of his travels. He stops at the local Cafe, meets a woman he instantly falls in love with, only for her father, a former Confederate Colonel to order him to leave town. Matt doesn't, the Colonel tries to bribe some Bandidos to force Matt to leave, but instead, his daughter is kidnapped. So, Matt and the Colonel have to lay aside their differences to rescue her. Find out if they do in this short story.

 

Voyager and the Aliens  short science fiction story $.99

In this short story, aliens come across television broadcasts from an unknown planet to them. Then, they come across a probe from same planet that tells them everything they need to know about this planet and its people. They decide to visit the planet, but when they arrive, not everything is as it seems.

 

Out of Time  a time travel novella for $.99

In the 2150's, Dr. John Hawking, who is an almost exact clone of the famous 20th/21st century scientist, Stephen Hawking, discovers time is actually fluid; past, present, and future all exist at the same time. What he doesn't know, is if the current timeline can change when something is changed in the past. The US government wants him to find out. The theme being to make right what once went wrong.

Hawking's invention only works with a spaceship, so one is renamed the USS Albert Einstein, and he goes on time travel adventures with military members assigned to the ship. They go back to Wounded Knee in 1890, the Titanic in 1912, Anne Frank and her family in 1940, President Kennedy in 1963, and various NASA spacecraft from 1970 to 1986.


Yes I agree with optic

thank you for bringing our attention to these I think I would like Out of Time too!

New User
KNParker
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.

Hello all. I've written a short novel called The Death of Death. It's a sweet little tale about loss and acceptance. 

 

If you enjoy the works of Tim Burton and/or Neil Gaiman, this is neither, but it may very well resemble both.

 

And it's cheap at 99¢, so give it a read. :smileywink:

 

Here's a description and a couple of reviews:

 

The Death of Death  

 

Death guides usually have rather normal names like John, Mary, Harry, and Jessica. And even ones not quite so normal, like Bartholomew or Ambrosia. They also have the most interesting tales behind their deaths. But one particular death guide has a few problems: she cannot remember her name or the details of her demise, and thus has no story of her own. One fateful night, she meets a young girl that may change her death forever.

Inspired by the works of Tim Burton and Neil Gaiman, and in the style of Children's tales of old, The Death of Death is a tragic, yet sweet little tale about loss and acceptance.

Suitable for ages 12 and up.

 

 

"How can death be so touching? Read this story to find out. The author uses a poetic prose as he pulls you into not only the story, but also the characters. Written against the backdrop of death this story (ironically) is full of magic. Opposites of life and death come together, giving context to the full spectrum of the human condition. This story touched me in many ways, and I am so glad that I stumbled upon it."

 

"I found this story to be a refreshing change in its uniqueness. Very well thought-out. In fact, the story has an essence of Tim Burton-esque, in the terms of creating beauty from tragedy, that sets the tone from the onset and is one of my favorite aspects. The whimsy and tragedy combined were carefully written with a beautiful plot that succeeds in building a sort of suspense throughout the story. The characters were well written, thoughtful and eccentric..."

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,843
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.


KNParker wrote:

Hello all. I've written a short novel called The Death of Death. It's a sweet little tale about loss and acceptance. 

 

If you enjoy the works of Tim Burton and/or Neil Gaiman, this is neither, but it may very well resemble both.

 

And it's cheap at 99¢, so give it a read. :smileywink:

 

Here's a description and a couple of reviews:

 

The Death of Death  

 

Death guides usually have rather normal names like John, Mary, Harry, and Jessica. And even ones not quite so normal, like Bartholomew or Ambrosia. They also have the most interesting tales behind their deaths. But one particular death guide has a few problems: she cannot remember her name or the details of her demise, and thus has no story of her own. One fateful night, she meets a young girl that may change her death forever.

Inspired by the works of Tim Burton and Neil Gaiman, and in the style of Children's tales of old, The Death of Death is a tragic, yet sweet little tale about loss and acceptance.

Suitable for ages 12 and up.

 

 

"How can death be so touching? Read this story to find out. The author uses a poetic prose as he pulls you into not only the story, but also the characters. Written against the backdrop of death this story (ironically) is full of magic. Opposites of life and death come together, giving context to the full spectrum of the human condition. This story touched me in many ways, and I am so glad that I stumbled upon it."

 

"I found this story to be a refreshing change in its uniqueness. Very well thought-out. In fact, the story has an essence of Tim Burton-esque, in the terms of creating beauty from tragedy, that sets the tone from the onset and is one of my favorite aspects. The whimsy and tragedy combined were carefully written with a beautiful plot that succeeds in building a sort of suspense throughout the story. The characters were well written, thoughtful and eccentric..."


Thanks and good luck with the book

New User
J_Kramin
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-12-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.

I just put my novel Come and Talk to Me for sale for 99¢

B&N Link

 

Kramin, Comeandtalk-cover.jpg

Regina was determined to keep the secrets from her past buried. She had her reasons for keeping her distance from men, but Donovan refused to play by her rules.
Giving into her heart and marrying him, Regina finally began to feel whole again. When an injury ultimately claims his life, she moves a few states away to a small town where she couldn’t be reminded of him everywhere she turned.

Trying to live her life in isolation, she wasn’t prepared for what the humble cabin next door would bring her. Reggie is not sure she will be able to overcome the horrible twist fate has thrown her way.

 

Hope I did this right!
Thanks!
June Kramin

http://www.junekramin.com/

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,843
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.


J_Kramin wrote:

I just put my novel Come and Talk to Me for sale for 99¢

B&N Link

 

Kramin, Comeandtalk-cover.jpg

Regina was determined to keep the secrets from her past buried. She had her reasons for keeping her distance from men, but Donovan refused to play by her rules.
Giving into her heart and marrying him, Regina finally began to feel whole again. When an injury ultimately claims his life, she moves a few states away to a small town where she couldn’t be reminded of him everywhere she turned.

Trying to live her life in isolation, she wasn’t prepared for what the humble cabin next door would bring her. Reggie is not sure she will be able to overcome the horrible twist fate has thrown her way.

 

Hope I did this right!
Thanks!
June Kramin

http://www.junekramin.com/


Thanks for bringing it to our attention Julie and good luck with the novel, love the cover :smileyhappy:

New User
DiannaLove
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎11-20-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.

Limited Time Only - 10 full novels by bestsellers in The Perfect Ten box set for 99¢ - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-perfect-ten-dianna-love/1116476815?ean=2940148436041 - don't miss this great opportunity for plenty of good reading!! Thanks for reading, too! :smileyhappy:

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,843
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.


DiannaLove wrote:

Limited Time Only - 10 full novels by bestsellers in The Perfect Ten box set for 99¢ - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-perfect-ten-dianna-love/1116476815?ean=2940148436041 - don't miss this great opportunity for plenty of good reading!! Thanks for reading, too! :smileyhappy:


Thanks Diana

The Perfect Ten  

Frequent Contributor
ScottNicholson
Posts: 32
Registered: ‎06-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.

The Red Church is 99 cents for Nook through Sept. 17. A boy and a sheriff must solve the mystery of a haunted church.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/red-church-scott-nicholson/1100391195?ean=2940011809576

The second Littlefield book, Drummer Boy, is also 99 cents.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/drummer-boy-scott-nicholson/1102266474?ean=9781907190971

 

The Red Church

Trading words for magic beans.
Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,843
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.


ScottNicholson wrote:

The Red Church is 99 cents for Nook through Sept. 17. A boy and a sheriff must solve the mystery of a haunted church.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/red-church-scott-nicholson/1100391195?ean=2940011809576

The second Littlefield book, Drummer Boy, is also 99 cents.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/drummer-boy-scott-nicholson/1102266474?ean=9781907190971

 

The Red Church


Thanks for sharing Scott and Good Luck !!