Frequent Contributor
Charles_Shea
0 Kudos

Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.

Hello Authors and Readers,

My name is Charles Shea. I'm a self published author and I'd like to introduce my first Legal/ Mystery/Thriller,

Defending Evil   My novel is available online with Barnes & Noble for only .99 cents. Authors, please join me in posting your novels here. Readers, I hope you'll enjoy discovering these inexpensive novels.

Synopsis - Travis Knight is an extraordinary Criminal Defense Attorney that has built his reputation by defending clients that many believe are guilty of the crime of murder.  The young attorney's success attracts the attention of a righteous Vigilante.  The mysterious vigilante begins executing Travis’ clients soon after he wins them an acquittal. The Vigilante believes that the clients Travis is helping to put back into society are guilty, and don't deserve to live…the vigilante delivers ultimate justice.  Stranger yet, not only is the vigilante executing the clients-they are being executed by the same method the clients used to murder their own victims.

The Vigilante's deadly attention quickly turns to the source of these abominations against society, the hot-shot attorney responsible for freeing the evil murders. The Vigilante, now signing  e-mailed threats as the' Archangel',  sends Travis an ultimatum; stop defending guilty clients, or he will be the next to be executed.  Risking his life, and his marriage, Travis refuses to be intimidated by the extortion, and continues to defend clients accused of murder.

Travis prepares for the inevitable show-down with the Archangel…a confrontation that will leave only one of them standing.

I hope you will enjoy my macabre tale.

Best Regards,

Charles Shea - Author of DEFENDING EVIL

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.

Charles_Shea wrote:

Hello Authors and Readers,

My name is Charles Shea. I'm a self published author and I'd like to introduce my first Legal/ Mystery/Thriller,

Defending Evil   My novel is available online with Barnes & Noble for only .99 cents. Authors, please join me in posting your novels here. Readers, I hope you'll enjoy discovering these inexpensive novels.

Synopsis - Travis Knight is an extraordinary Criminal Defense Attorney that has built his reputation by defending clients that many believe are guilty of the crime of murder.  The young attorney's success attracts the attention of a righteous Vigilante.  The mysterious vigilante begins executing Travis’ clients soon after he wins them an acquittal. The Vigilante believes that the clients Travis is helping to put back into society are guilty, and don't deserve to live…the vigilante delivers ultimate justice.  Stranger yet, not only is the vigilante executing the clients-they are being executed by the same method the clients used to murder their own victims.

The Vigilante's deadly attention quickly turns to the source of these abominations against society, the hot-shot attorney responsible for freeing the evil murders. The Vigilante, now signing  e-mailed threats as the' Archangel',  sends Travis an ultimatum; stop defending guilty clients, or he will be the next to be executed.  Risking his life, and his marriage, Travis refuses to be intimidated by the extortion, and continues to defend clients accused of murder.

Travis prepares for the inevitable show-down with the Archangel…a confrontation that will leave only one of them standing.

I hope you will enjoy my macabre tale.

Best Regards,

Charles Shea - Author of DEFENDING EVIL

Thanks Charles for bringing this to our attention and Good Luck!!!!

New User
cinstress
0 Kudos

Re: Nook books available for .99 Cents - Authors please promote your novels here.

Jaylin's RV Adventure, There's a Pig in the campground?  

Synopsis

Jaylin and her brother Drake have just pulled into a campground. While exploring they hear pig noises and begin to wonder why a pig would be at the campground. Jaylin's imagination has her come up with all kinds of wild ideas. Along the way they encounter the man with the mop who Jaylin is convinced has special powers, four year old Emma who likes to talk a lot, and four year old Rocko who lives in the site where the pig noises are coming from.

chapter book written for early reader

Inspired Contributor
MaryMcDonald
0 Kudos

No Good Deed  is the first book in the Mark Taylor series. As a way of gaining readers for the series, I have reduced the price to 99 cents. While I don't have many reviews on B&N yet, I have 44 on Amazon--30 are 5 star including one from Red Adept Reviews, 12 are 4star.

Mark Taylor discovers first hand that no good deed goes unpunished when he finds an old camera in a Afghanistan bazaar that gives him more than great photos. It triggers dreams of future events. When one shows a devastating terrorist attack, he tries to warn of the danger, but no one listens. Instead, he's arrested as an enemy combatant.

But when he dreams of another deadly terrorist attack only hours away, can Mark risk his hard won freedom to prevent the attacks--even if doing so forces him to trust the one man he hates most in the world?

No Good Deed
Wrongly accused of a being a terrorist, Mark Taylor is labeled an enemy combatant. There's no lawyer, no trial, and he leaves his rights outside the cell.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

MaryMcDonald wrote:

No Good Deed  is the first book in the Mark Taylor series. As a way of gaining readers for the series, I have reduced the price to 99 cents. While I don't have many reviews on B&N yet, I have 44 on Amazon--30 are 5 star including one from Red Adept Reviews, 12 are 4star.

Mark Taylor discovers first hand that no good deed goes unpunished when he finds an old camera in a Afghanistan bazaar that gives him more than great photos. It triggers dreams of future events. When one shows a devastating terrorist attack, he tries to warn of the danger, but no one listens. Instead, he's arrested as an enemy combatant.

But when he dreams of another deadly terrorist attack only hours away, can Mark risk his hard won freedom to prevent the attacks--even if doing so forces him to trust the one man he hates most in the world?

Thanks Mary,

and Good Luck!!!

Contributor
GordonRyan
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

A traditionally published author since 1994

State of Rebellion | Uncivil Liberties
Spirit of Union Trilogy

dhaupt
0 Kudos

GordonRyan wrote:

Thanks Gordon, good luck

Contributor
SJWrightAuthor
0 Kudos

The Vampire's Warden 

It was a flash in the moonlight, a blur of motion like I’d never witnessed before. No human had the capacity to move like that. When I found myself face-to-face with him there in the meadow, I knew without a doubt that the journal was authentic. I knew that my grandfather hadn’t been crazy at all. 

Because a foot away from me stood a vampire.

Sarah Brightman reads her grandfather's journal in stunned disbelief. What was once her grandfather's responsibility has passed to her father and now to her. She has become the Warden. Her life will never be the same.

Author of The Vampire's Warden, available on the Nook and the soon-to-be-released The Vampire's Curse: Book Two of the Undead in Brown County series.
Contributor
SJWrightAuthor
0 Kudos

The Vampire's Warden - Just 99 cents!

It was a flash in the moonlight, a blur of motion like I’d never witnessed before. No human had the capacity to move like that. When I found myself face-to-face with him there in the meadow, I knew without a doubt that the journal was authentic. I knew that my grandfather hadn’t been crazy at all. 

Because a foot away from me stood a vampire.

Sarah Brightman reads her grandfather's journal in stunned disbelief. What was once her grandfather's responsibility has passed to her father and now to her. She has become the Warden. Her life will never be the same.

Author of The Vampire's Warden, available on the Nook and the soon-to-be-released The Vampire's Curse: Book Two of the Undead in Brown County series.
New User
Elijah_Joon
0 Kudos

ALL TITLES ARE $ 0.99

TEMPORAL   

TEMPORAL: a Novel of Consciousness and Time is a post-modern literary comedic drama about the relationships between life and art, memory and dreams, and temporal as well as eternal concerns in the increasingly alienated (and alienating) 21st-century youth culture.

Suggested for readers who enjoy Haruki Murakami crossed with Chuck Palahniuk, David Chase, and Brian Greene or Michio Kaku with a touch of Sylvia Plath's "Johnny Panic" and Christopher Nolan's Memento.

Psalms Amidst Lamentations   “All poems are love poems.”
— John Ashbery, Raymond Carver, May Sarton

PSALMS AMIDST LAMENTATIONS originated as a series of poems written by the protagonist in an unfinished novel by author and filmmaker, ELIJAH JOON. The author has since decided to isolate a portion of the poems and present them in this collection as a singular work able to stand on its own merit.

Provoking and enigmatic, the collection is thematically bonded to THE MASTER LETTERS of Emily Dickinson and LETTERS TO FELICIAN by Austrian poet Ingeborg Bachmann.

Though written for another novel, these intense yet serene poems beat in synch as an emotional companion piece to the young author’s debut novel, TEMPORAL: a Novel of Consciousness and Time.

Presented as part of the ART HOUSE ESSENTIAL READING Series of outstanding contemporary literary works.

AUSTRIAN-ACCENTED ACTION GUY    Introducing a new satirical Action/Adventure series chronicling the exploits of an AUSTRIAN-ACCENTED ACTION GUY... ARHNULD BRAWNSWAGGER stars in this short story about a crew of gangsters who rough up a detective causing their boss trouble.
The problem is, the detective is friends with THE AUSTRIAN-ACCENTED ACTION GUY, and right now, he and his trusty Desert Eagle are very angry.

Action-packed with pitch-black humor, this is an introduction to the RED BAND: Extreme Content Series from Joon Bug Media.

The Demo Tape   INTRO

Screen actors have a demo reel and musicians have a demo tape. What kind of portfolio does an author have? A blog?

This book is to serve as my own literary “demo tape” in a way, but more than that, the purpose is to give readers a sense of what styles of writing my present and future works will come in:
The BLUE BAND or ART HOUSE ESSENTIAL READING Series is dedicated solely to literary works of artistic merit and value. Please do not “sleep through my verse” in these sections. However, at least if you’re an indie author currently publishing digitally through the Amazon Kindle and/or Barnes and Noble PubIt!, people tend to not read these types of books, unfortunately.

In contrast, the big sellers bringing in the readers are genre fiction titles along the lines of chick lit, paranormal romance, erotica, or thrillers.
The RED BAND: EXTREME CONTENT Series is in line with genre fiction titles. The stories contain, obviously, extreme content that may disturb/offend/shock/turn off some audiences. Then again, some of the best material does just that.
It is my hope there is something here for every type of reader to enjoy.

—Elijah Joon, 2011

CONTENTS in a Chapter/Track List Format:

Track 01: (RED BAND) ACTION GENRE - "Austrian-Accented Action Guy" (Action/Adventure Satire starring the newest hero in fiction, Arhnuld Brawnswagger)
Track 02: ART HOUSE ESSENTIAL READING - I Knew of Love Once
Track 03: ART HOUSE POETRY - Missus Midas
Track 04: ART HOUSE ESSENTIAL READING, PT. 2 - Rewind Your Mind and Nevermind the Wind
Track 05: ART HOUSE POETRY, PT. 2 - Professed Possession
Track 06: (BLUE BAND) LITERARY - Noon Day Nada
Track 07: ART HOUSE ESSENTIAL READING, PT. 3 - Life is an Open Book, Some Remain Unread
Bonus Track: ART HOUSE POETRY, PT. 3 - Souls of the Wound

Thanks for reading!

New User
LisaHinsley
0 Kudos

Hello everyone - this is my first post to B&N, hopefully all the links will come up and work, etc!

I've just released my second novel, a near future sci-fi called The Ultimate Choice and priced at $0.99.

The Ultimate Choice 

In a dystopian near-future, overpopulation has led to a government dedicated to reducing citizen numbers. Suicide is legalised, food is rationed, and reproduction forbidden without permission.

Cassie O’Neil broke the law, she had sex before marriage. She is sentenced to die on a game show, The Ultimate Choice, but when a contestant collapses Cassie takes her chance and runs. Staying alive is hard with no ration card or place to hide. But she is a woman who refuses to die.

Thanks for looking, Lisa

dhaupt
0 Kudos

LisaHinsley wrote:

Hello everyone - this is my first post to B&N, hopefully all the links will come up and work, etc!

I've just released my second novel, a near future sci-fi called The Ultimate Choice and priced at $0.99.

The Ultimate Choice 

In a dystopian near-future, overpopulation has led to a government dedicated to reducing citizen numbers. Suicide is legalised, food is rationed, and reproduction forbidden without permission.

Cassie O’Neil broke the law, she had sex before marriage. She is sentenced to die on a game show, The Ultimate Choice, but when a contestant collapses Cassie takes her chance and runs. Staying alive is hard with no ration card or place to hide. But she is a woman who refuses to die.

Thanks for looking, Lisa

Lisa, thanks for showing us your new novel. It looks very intense and the blurb reminds me of Solient Green and Logan's Run.

Good luck with the sale.

Reader
iSherry
0 Kudos

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80

Alexander Scott's ebooks are both 99 cents 

Wizard Heights Book 1 

Synopsis

"Just a few miles from a normal neighborhood there lies a place that you can only imagine in your most magical dreams..."

When Charlie Goodfellow's family moves to a new neighborhood, the last thing the eleven year old is looking for is adventure. But one day when he is exploring a secluded, hilltop retirement community called Wizard Heights, he finds it.

Up there, old folks glide about in flying recliners, and sip tea to the dulcet tones of string quartets on moonlit nights. But there are more sinister forces at work, too.

A strange, pale boy called Whitstable befriends Charlie. After Whitstable tells Charlie about a sinister plot involving his cryogenically frozen wizard grandfather and a mysterious Egyptian Idol of Thebes, Charlie is plunged headlong into an adventure that will take him deep beneath the cobwebby catacombs of the retirement community, and into the palaces of the eclectic luminaries of Wizard Heights.

The story gallops along at an unstoppable pace, taking many fascinating twists and turns along the way. Wonderful characters are to be found here—action, adventure, magic, and mystery too.

Download and read the first installment of this new, magical adventure series, today!

For ages 11 and up.

The Mysterious Case of Doctor Octavius Plum's Incredible Ever After Machine 

Synopsis

When British children, Jennifer and Timothy Goodhew visit their grandfather on the isle of St. Mary's, they are surprised to find him missing. In his place they find a wily, old pirate captain, who has taken control of their grandfather's manor and its servants.

The captain puts the children to work—Timothy in the tumbledown graveyard at the end of the garden, and Jennifer within the manor itself. Naturally, the children are concerned about their missing grandfather and begin to investigate his disappearance.

In the course of their investigations, they discover that the garden surrounding the manor has become wildly overgrown. Furthermore, they are told that entrance to their grandfather's laboratory is strictly forbidden. Undaunted, the children continue their investigations, and in so doing, discover a remarkable secret and a diabolical plot that will change their lives forever.

This novel will, in turn, warm your heart and send chills down your spine. It leads the reader on an unforgettable journey through an eerie manor, an overgrown garden, a tumbledown graveyard, and to a gripping conclusion. An adventure story and a mystery, it is a page-turner through and through—one that is enjoyed by children (ages 9 and up) and adults alike.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Frequent Contributor
SorrowHeart
0 Kudos

Possum Dance  

by Maddie Broome

Contemporary Romance / Humorous Romance - 83,000 words - .99 ebook

When you believe in the impossible, something wonderful can happen. (And okay, so sometimes something weird happens instead. Whatever.)

After reviving the fortunes of her hometown of Possum Dance, Texas – thanks in large part to an ALF wannabe named Bubba spotted roaming the local Piney Woods – Riley Dare has it made. She owns and operates her own store specializing in the weird and wonderful – Alien Autopsy videos, Bigfoot slippers, and plush Bubbas included. She's a respected member of her community. She's even become something of a local media darling. And okay, so the highlight of her love life in recent days was the blind date with a guy who was expecting his date to be a guy. Still, life is good. If somewhat safe and predictable. And maybe a little boring. Or possibly even a lot.

Enter then Bren Reynolds, a former high school nemesis who'd spent the four months of their shared senior year looking down his nose at the local hicks from the sticks, holding illicit keg parties at the mayor's house, and coming up with new and better ways to convince Riley he was a jerk. The bad news then gets worse – he's Riley's blind date for the local Bubba Festival. And not only does he not remember her, he thinks she's weird – and not particularly wonderful.

All, however, is not lost. A near-riot, a close encounter with a Conspiracy Nut, a dancing Tribble, and a few dozen cookies later, the weird proves to be more than a little wonderful.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

SorrowHeart wrote:

Possum Dance  

by Maddie Broome

When you believe in the impossible, something wonderful can happen. (And okay, so sometimes something weird happens instead. Whatever.)

After reviving the fortunes of her hometown of Possum Dance, Texas – thanks in large part to an ALF wannabe named Bubba spotted roaming the local Piney Woods – Riley Dare has it made. She owns and operates her own store specializing in the weird and wonderful – Alien Autopsy videos, Bigfoot slippers, and plush Bubbas included. She's a respected member of her community. She's even become something of a local media darling. And okay, so the highlight of her love life in recent days was the blind date with a guy who was expecting his date to be a guy. Still, life is good. If somewhat safe and predictable. And maybe a little boring. Or possibly even a lot.

Enter then Bren Reynolds, a former high school nemesis who'd spent the four months of their shared senior year looking down his nose at the local hicks from the sticks, holding illicit keg parties at the mayor's house, and coming up with new and better ways to convince Riley he was a jerk. The bad news then gets worse – he's Riley's blind date for the local Bubba Festival. And not only does he not remember her, he thinks she's weird – and not particularly wonderful.

All, however, is not lost. A near-riot, a close encounter with a Conspiracy Nut, a dancing Tribble, and a few dozen cookies later, the weird proves to be more than a little wonderful.

Thanks Maddie and good luck

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Not 99 cents, but $1.99 and worth it:

If you haven't read it yet  and have a Nook, I encourage you to download James Kaufman's delightful

The Collectibles  

It will be available at this price for at least some period yet. 

This is a story I would love to see go viral, or to use Malcolm Gladwell's   term, reach the tipping point!  It's a simple story at heart, about doing good business fairly and with profit for all concerned in this current rough economic climate while living, and dying, in an unpredictable world, and it is about "collecting", but not the material things we all so much cherish.  Jim's publicist says the main protagonist has strong resemblance to its author.

As some of you know, I and a couple of my friends had the privilege of meeting Jim, his wife Patty, and his publicist Nancy Medford at BEA, the book publishers convention in NYC last week.  Delightful people, with wonderful life stories to tell!  But, to start, read Jim's book and pass it along to someone who has just read The Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged. Or anyone else who might enjoy it and also pass it along.

The Collectibles  would also make a good, albeit perhaps with an edge of sadness, beach read.

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Peppermill wrote:

Not 99 cents, but $1.99 and worth it:

If you haven't read it yet  and have a Nook, I encourage you to download James Kaufman's delightful

The Collectibles  

It will be available at this price for at least some period yet. 

This is a story I would love to see go viral, or to use Malcolm Gladwell's   term, reach the tipping point!  It's a simple story at heart, about doing good business fairly and with profit for all concerned in this current rough economic climate while living, and dying, in an unpredictable world, and it is about "collecting", but not the material things we all so much cherish.  Jim's publicist says the main protagonist has strong resemblance to its author.

As some of you know, I and a couple of my friends had the privilege of meeting Jim, his wife Patty, and his publicist Nancy Medford at BEA, the book publishers convention in NYC last week.  Delightful people, with wonderful life stories to tell!  But, to start, read Jim's book and pass it along to someone who has just read The Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged. Or anyone else who might enjoy it and also pass it along.

The Collectibles  would also make a good, albeit perhaps with an edge of sadness, beach read.

Thanks Pepper, I'm going to advertise that on both my FaceBook pages

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

SorrowHeart wrote:

Possum Dance  

by Maddie Broome

Darn it! I'm in the mood for something just like this but I don't own a kindle or nook. Is it in print anywhere? I haven't found it.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

pjpick wrote:

SorrowHeart wrote:

Possum Dance  

by Maddie Broome

Darn it! I'm in the mood for something just like this but I don't own a kindle or nook. Is it in print anywhere? I haven't found it.

PJ, sounds like a light summer read and quite unusal too.

thanks