Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Laurany152
0 Kudos

Please help find a book

Hello, I am desperate to find a book I read in the mid 80's.  I don't know when it was published or the title or authors name but I remember some of the plot and the name of a character in the book.  It was a young adult teenage romance coming of age book.  The cover had a picture of a girl with brown hair wearing a bluejean jacket with her back turned and smiling.  I don't remember the name of the girl but it was written from her point of view like a diary.

She was 14 or 15 years old and it was the first of two novels.  This young girl met a boy named Michael who was significantly older than her.  He was a muscian and of course she thought herself in love with him.  She would sneak out to date Michael and I think (but I am not sure) that he thought she was older than what she was because she lied to him.  Michael kept presuring her to have sex with him until finally she did and it wasn't very enjoyable for her and she felt very afraid that she might be pregnant.  The book was about this girl and how losing her virginity changed her.  She still thinks herself in love with the boy near the end of the story but he soon begins to lose interest I think and she grows up just a little.  She goes on vacation to her parent's lake house and that is about all I can remember.  I remember there was one scene where she was riding a bus downtown but I can't remember where she was going.

I would very much love to know the name of this book so if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.