Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
harleyhoney
0 Kudos

Re: Postcards from Fiction Travels

What a fun idea!  Here's what I'm listening to on the bus.

View details

I can't believe I'm back here in Maine and Ragged Island after twenty-five years.  And that pirate treasure supposedly buried on our island.  So many lifes lost and so much money wasted over the centuries.  But now, is there really a chance?  I don't care about finding treasure, all I want to find are answers to my brother's death.

Dr. Malin Hatch    Riptide by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

"Somebody said they saw me swinging the world by the tail, bouncing over a white cloud, killing the blues."
Killing the Blues by Rowland Salley
Performed by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus on RAISING SAND
dhaupt
0 Kudos

harleyhoney wrote:

What a fun idea!  Here's what I'm listening to on the bus.

View details

I can't believe I'm back here in Maine and Ragged Island after twenty-five years.  And that pirate treasure supposedly buried on our island.  So many lifes lost and so much money wasted over the centuries.  But now, is there really a chance?  I don't care about finding treasure, all I want to find are answers to my brother's death.

Dr. Malin Hatch    Riptide by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

Thanks for posting Nancy.

Right now I'm here

images.jpeg

reading a HQN series romance called Haley's Mountain Man (Harlequin Special Edition Series #2279)  

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

Carved in Bone (Body Farm Series #1) 

Thought I would "resurect" this thread as I travel to Knoxville, TN to help  Dr. Bill Brockton (aka Dr. Bill Bass) study some bones at The Body Farm.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

Carved in Bone (Body Farm Series #1) 

Thought I would "resurect" this thread as I travel to Knoxville, TN to help  Dr. Bill Brockton (aka Dr. Bill Bass) study some bones at The Body Farm.

What a great idea TarHeelGirl

thanks for sharing

I'm in between books right this minute but I just left

images.jpg

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

Deadly Sanctuary  

I have traveled to Arizona to help Kendall O'Dell solve a couple of mysteries.  It sure is hot in this remote mining town!

I just finished "Deadly Sanctuary" and now I'm continuing with the series and am reading "The Devil's Cradle" by Sylvia Nobel.

The Devil's Cradle (Kendall O'Dell Series #2)  

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

mass-effect-art-citadel-h1n-net-300x171.jpgThe Citadel from Mass Effect it's a paradise space station that all races are welcome to come. I center for politics, business and a tourism site as well

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

Deadly Sanctuary  

I have traveled to Arizona to help Kendall O'Dell solve a couple of mysteries.  It sure is hot in this remote mining town!

I just finished "Deadly Sanctuary" and now I'm continuing with the series and am reading "The Devil's Cradle" by Sylvia Nobel.

The Devil's Cradle (Kendall O'Dell Series #2)  

OOh great pics TarHeelGirl :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the posts 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:

mass-effect-art-citadel-h1n-net-300x171.jpgThe Citadel from Mass Effect it's a paradise space station that all races are welcome to come. I center for politics, business and a tourism site as well

Now this place I'd love to be

thanks Stepanie

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

For my latest romance review I'm in the Middle East in a palace like this one

images.jpg

A Question of Honor  

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

img-thing.jpgGallagher Academy for  Girls.  This is a screenshot of the site they're using for the movie.  Gallagher Academy is a private boarding school for girls and for most they think that's all but this school is for spies.  I planning to review the entire series on the forum.

Gallagher Girls series

By Ally Carter

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:

img-thing.jpgGallagher Academy for  Girls.  This is a screenshot of the site they're using for the movie.  Gallagher Academy is a private boarding school for girls and for most they think that's all but this school is for spies.  I planning to review the entire series on the forum.

Gallagher Girls series

By Ally Carter

Cool Stephanie I look forward to it :smileyhappy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Here's where I am today

images.jpgimgres.jpg

reading

An Heir to Bind Them  

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

shadowcat80 wrote:

Gallagher Girls series

By Ally Carter

Cool Stephanie I look forward to it :smileyhappy:

Not sure which I will review first I reading both book one of this series and outlaw at same time, I am further in outlaw btw I sent angus donald a comment on his site like you suggested, but its possible I might finish the other book first due to its a hundred pages shorter then outlaw.

shadowcat80

2013_SWFF_Map_web~01.jpgWhere I am today is Sherwood Forest home of Robert Odo the Lord of the Sherwood, leader of a band of thieves and warriors you may know Robert better as Robin Hood.  

Outlaw by Angus Donald

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

Is anyone else having trouble seeing some of the images on this page?  I am seeing a lot of triangles instead of the actual pictures, but I'm not sure if it's a B&N problem or a browser issue.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

Is anyone else having trouble seeing some of the images on this page?  I am seeing a lot of triangles instead of the actual pictures, but I'm not sure if it's a B&N problem or a browser issue.

Hey TarHeelGirl, I'm not having probs. It might be worth changing browsers to see

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

What are you posting with?  I found on my nook the internet explorer on my nook color had trouble doing stuff like that on my nook hd+ I have been using chrome which has given me no troubles

dhaupt
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:

What are you posting with?  I found on my nook the internet explorer on my nook color had trouble doing stuff like that on my nook hd+ I have been using chrome which has given me no troubles

I use Chrome too and no probs

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

shadowcat80 wrote:

I use Chrome too and no probs

I am using Chrome on my PC and I was able to post the pictures here and see them, but I can't see any of the images on shadowcat80's posts. I see a triangle where the image should be.  I can also see the pictures on Debbie's posts.  

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

Just checked it on my Nook HD+ and it looks the same--just triangles instead of images on all of shadowcats's postcards.  Very strange!