Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

Re: Postcards from Fiction Travels

Oh you poor lassies.  The temp on the bay here is a balmy 75.  I'll be waiting for you at the Pub.  You had better hurry.  My eyes are getting bleary from drinking this Guiness.  That guy's starting to look good OH NO!!!!  Ginger, I found a Bakery in Charlottesville, VA that makes Guiness Cake...she sent a couple over with me so we can start the week off right. HicK.

Here's SoM3 of me N3w fR1eNds.  hIcK!  We're wA1tiNg.

Galway Bay I love it here!  5nOrT.

Msue  Umse  oh hsti MuSe

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Lads and Lassies I'm taking up where Muse, left off only I'm still sober :smileyhappy:

Well into week one of The Pub Across the Ponds and am enjoying the weather in the village of Ballybeog, yes it's rainy and grey and I've stepped into cow and sheep doo and even a bog or two too.

imgres-1.jpegimgres-2.jpegimgres.jpeg

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Ah my fiction fanatics

I was here over the weekend        reading Justin Cronin's The Twelve (Passage Trilogy Series #2)  

imgres-1.jpegimgres.jpeg

Now I'm in NYC reading Mary Carter's new release tomorrow The Things I Do For You  

imgres-2.jpeg

where in the world or out of it are you

dhaupt
0 Kudos

right now my postcard will just give you an idea of where I am since the small Texas town of our August feature is made up, but it could look like this

imgres-1.jpegimgres.jpeg

The novel is The Dispatcher  

Where in the world are you

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Let's open this postcard thread back up

right now I'm in Asheville NC while reading Emilie Richards novel our September feature

I'm also in Jackson Hole Wyomng reading a RT novel for review
Lindsay McKenna The Defender a December release

270px-Barns_grand_tetons.jpeg

where in the world are you
dhaupt

Even though no one seems to visit here anymore I still like it so here's where I am visiting in my reading travels right now

imgres-1.jpegimgres.jpeg

not only is it a fictional town but it's inhabitants are stuffed animals

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

The Big 5-OH!  

Right now I'm hanging out by the pool on Sanibel Island, Florida with Liv from The Big 5-OH!  

Wow!  I think maybe I figured out how to add a picture.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

The Big 5-OH!  

Right now I'm hanging out by the pool on Sanibel Island, Florida with Liv from The Big 5-OH!  

Wow!  I think maybe I figured out how to add a picture.

You Rock :smileyhappy:

dhaupt

[ Edited ]

Over the weekend I was in two fantastic places first- I was in what we now call Germany in the 10th Century following the footsteps of

Then I went to Boston thanks to Hank Phillippi Ryan

Where were you?

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

Right now I'm hanging out in Washington with the Roses wondering what will become of their Staffordshire figurines.  The war hasn't quite started, but it is beginning to fester.

The War of the Roses  

Having never read this before, I thought I would time travel back to 1981 this weekend.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing TarHeelGirl,

I don't always read my Tuesday new release features, but since Nelson DeMille was kind enough to give me an interview and because I LOVE John Corey in his novels right now I'm in Yemen

imgres.jpegimgres-1.jpeg

reading

The Panther (John Corey Series #6)  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Here's where I'm traveling right now

New Bedford MA reading The Dog Who Danced

imgres.jpegimgres-1.jpeg

looking for Mack, who wants to do this

imgres-2.jpeg

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00

Thought I'd give this thread a jumpstart and send a postcard from my travels to England as I go back in time and try to help solve a murder mystery at The Red House!

The Red House Mystery by Alan Alexander Milne (Complete Full Version)  

dhaupt

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

Thought I'd give this thread a jumpstart and send a postcard from my travels to England as I go back in time and try to help solve a murder mystery at The Red House!

The Red House Mystery by Alan Alexander Milne (Complete Full Version)  

Thanks TarHeelGirl, I love this thread but it seemed like it had been forgone, thanks for bringing it back :smileyhappy:

dhaupt

Thanks to TarHeelGirl the thread was revived so I'll keep it going by showing where I've been in my fiction

Reading Bridge of Scarlet Leaves with the others for our January feature I've been in a Japanese Interment camp in Californiaimgres.jpegimgres-1.jpeg

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Thanks to TarHeelGirl the thread was revived so I'll keep it going by showing where I've been in my fiction

Reading Bridge of Scarlet Leaves with the others for our January feature I've been in a Japanese Interment camp in Californiaimgres.jpegimgres-1.jpeg

I really like this thread too. Hopefully we can keep it going.

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

The Last Coyote (Harry Bosch Series #4)    

I left California with Harry Bosch and just arrived in Florida to try to help him solve his mother's murder.

dhaupt

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

The Last Coyote (Harry Bosch Series #4)    

I left California with Harry Bosch and just arrived in Florida to try to help him solve his mother's murder.

Thanks TarHeelGirl, for once again reviving the thread. 

right now I'm in the Lowcountry near Asheville and at this very minute I'm picnicking on the Biltmore grounds

imgres-1.jpeg

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

right now I'm in the Lowcountry near Asheville and at this very minute I'm picnicking on the Biltmore grounds

imgres-1.jpeg

Have you ever been to the Biltmore House?  It is beautiful at Christmas, but also in the spring when all of the flowers are blooming and you can walk all over the grounds.  I think they have opened up a lot more of the house since I was there.  Now I want to go again!!!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

imgres-1.jpeg

Have you ever been to the Biltmore House?  It is beautiful at Christmas, but also in the spring when all of the flowers are blooming and you can walk all over the grounds.  I think they have opened up a lot more of the house since I was there.  Now I want to go again!!!

Not as an adult, but a friend from work spent a week in Asheville during a vacation and brought back pics so I got to live vicariously :smileyhappy:

One of these days I would love to see where some of my favorite authors write about and I have more than a few who are LowCountry writiers.