Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Q&A with Jayne Anne Krentz #1 New York Times Bestselling Author

Copper Beach (Dark Legacy Series #1)  

In Stores today

First of all Thank you so much for taking time out of your incredibly busy schedule to answer just a few questions.

I loved Copper Beach, as I stated in my review I got a good dose of JAK and a good dose of Jayne Castle, the only thing missing was the dust bunnies, of course the pooch made up for that.

How many books will be in the Dark Legacy novels

ANSWER: I'm so glad you loved the book but, please, don't get me started on dust bunnies!  Those little dudes have taken over my Jayne Castle career.  My goal is to keep my JAK contemporaries a dust bunny-free zone.  But I do love working with animals, so I went with Newton, the condo dog, in Copper Beach. As you noted, the book is the first in the Dark Legacy novels.  At the moment I'm envisioning this series as a trilogy.  This is Sam Coppersmith's story.  His brother, Judson, will get his story in the next book.

Was the creation of the three pen names you use now by choice or by necessity.

ANSWER:  I never intended to wind up with three pen names, believe me.  And I don't recommend it as a career strategy.  But in a weird way, it has worked for me and for my readers.  They know which of my three fictional landscapes -- past, present or future -- they will be getting when they pick up one of my books.

You write in three genres, is there one you enjoy writing more than the others and on that line is there one particular character that is nearest and dearest to you.

ANSWER:  People keep telling me that I write in three different genres but I never see it that way.  As far as I'm concerned, I write romantic-suspense with a psychic edge in three different fictional landscapes (historicals, contemporaries and futuristics).  And I love all three worlds because I get to work with a wide variety of plots. Changing worlds refreshes me as a writer.  

I love how you always give your heroines very demanding roles in your novels even in the historical and the female leads compliment the males who are very powerful personalities in their own right and I as a female reader love that you do this.
Was this a conscience effort on your part to give your heroines such impressive abilities and roles.

ANSWER:  My readers don't like wimps of either sex!  Neither do I.  A strong hero is no fun unless there's a strong heroine who can match him.

You have many linked books, have you ever thought about writing a continuing series.

ANSWER:  If you mean a continuing series that features the same hero and heroine in each book, I've dabbled with the idea from time to time (LIGHT IN SHADOW and TRUTH OR DARE featured the same main characters).  But for the most part, I like creating a new hero and heroine for each story.  I enjoy working out new problems.  And I do love the linked book, like the Dark Legacy series.  That way I get to have the families as continuing characters, even though each book features a new hero and heroine.

What do you enjoy in your spare time

ANSWER:  Vegetarian/low-carb cooking, Hawaii, and shopping. Not necessarily in that order.

Do you have any signings scheduled at Barnes & Noble I know that my members would love to meet you in person.

ANSWER:  Glad you asked.  I do have a signing event coming up this week.  

Saturday, January 14, 2012
Writing Workshop and Signing
2:00 p.m.
LAKEWOOD PIERCE COUNTY LIBRARY
6300 Wildaire Rd SW
Lakewood, WA 98499
General Library Phone: (253) 548-3302

Thank you again for chatting with us

Buy the book here visit the author’s website here.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: Q&A with Jayne Anne Krentz #1 New York Times Bestselling Author

dhaupt, I just got Copper Beach. I am excited to read it. I love her books.

ReadingPatti

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Q&A with Jayne Anne Krentz #1 New York Times Bestselling Author

ReadingPatti wrote:

dhaupt, I just got Copper Beach. I am excited to read it. I love her books.

ReadingPatti

Grat Patti, let us know how you liked it