dhaupt
0 Kudos

Q & A with Tammy Snyder author of The Chimney Still Stands

While some members are still digesting the end of the novel and are waiting to respond to week 2 I thought I'd have a thread to ask Tammy what's on your mind.

It can be about the novel, or if you've always wanted to see your writing in print you can ask her about her experience with Pubit and maybe you too can be a published author.

It's an open thread to any inquiring mind.

So here's my  question

Tammy, now that you have your first novel under your belt what is the most satisfying aspect of being a published author.

Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

Re: Q & A with Tammy Snyder author of The Chimney Still Stands

Haha...why seeing the sales come in of course! lol :smileyvery-happy:

Really, it's a lot of things. The satisfaction of accomplishing my dream of writing a book for one. When I wrote my very last words of the novel I cried. Not just because of the ending but I had done it! Really done it! Then, over a year later, when I discovered Pubit! and had an attack of goosebumps just thinking about all the possibilities well, I knew I had to go for it! And from that moment I have met so many writers and readers and discovered Facebook (lol) and met you who asked to have my book featured in the book club and now I'm starting my new series. I pray it's just the beginning!

The Chimney Still Stands on "eStands" everywhere! :smileyhappy:

AND...I am now available for Virtual Author Visits via Skype!
Distinguished Correspondent
A_G_D
0 Kudos

Tammy, I was actually curious how the whole PUBIT thing works. I know I can read all about it online but it's better when you find out from someone who has first-hand experience. Does anyone review your work? Can anyone publish whatever they want? I have a friend who is as passionate about reading as we all are here but she also writes. I think it's mostly poems but I remember reading one of her essays and it was very very good. I was thinking about suggesting to her to give PUBIT a try. I know she went to a few writing competition as well. Can you please summarize in a few sentences what are the advantages of starting with PUBIT and what was the whole process for you? Thanks Tammy! :smileyhappy:

Andreea
"Books are the quitest and most constant of friends; they are the most accesible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." -Charles Eliot
Author
novelimagination

[ Edited ]

Andreea,

By all means, send her to Pubit! It's available for anyone with a book they want to share be it a novel, poetry, short stories, etc. The advantages would be not having to pay a middle-man ie: an agent, editor, etc. You are in complete control over everything: what you charge, % of royalty you want, choose your own cover, bio, description and choose your categories and keywords for readers to better find your book. As for reviews, you hunt them down. There are numerous reviewers to be found out there just by Googling and looking for those who review your genre. Once you set everything up on Pubit and it finally goes on sale, it will be slow going but you can help it along by getting yourself out there...twitter, facebook, websites, blogging, etc. You have to be the marketer...remember, you don't have a middle-man. :smileyhappy:

A_G_D
0 Kudos

Andreea,

By all means, send her to Pubit! It's available for anyone with a book they want to share be it a novel, poetry, short stories, etc. The advantages would be not having to pay a middle-man ie: an agent, editor, etc. You are in complete control over everything: what you charge, % of royalty you want, choose your own cover, bio, description and choose your categories and keywords for readers to better find your book. As for reviews, you hunt them down. There are numerous reviewers to be found out there just by Googling and looking for those who review your genre. Once you set everything up on Pubit and it finally goes on sale, it will be slow going but you can help it along by getting yourself out there...twitter, facebook, websites, blogging, etc. You have to be the marketer...remember, you don't have a middle-man. :smileyhappy:

Thanks Tammy! I will definitely mention it to her! :smileyhappy:

Andreea
"Books are the quitest and most constant of friends; they are the most accesible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." -Charles Eliot
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
OK about the Pubit, did I read right? Is it free? And say I had my book done(I don't but to say) how do I start? THANKS!!!!!!!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Author
novelimagination

[ Edited ]

GS2991 wrote:
OK about the Pubit, did I read right? Is it free? And say I had my book done(I don't but to say) how do I start? THANKS!!!!!!!

Hi,

Yup, Pubit! is FREE! Yaaaay! To start, and you can do this part without completely publishing it if you want to take a look at the setup page, go to

http://pubit.barnesandnoble.com/pubit_app/bn?a=logout&t=pi_reg_home&time=1308242786293

then Create an Account. Once you're in you'll see things like My Titles/My Sales/My Account/Support.

I would go straight to Support and click on Getting Started and you'll see a whole list of questions you WILL have all answered right there for you.

It's really so simple a caveman can do it!!! hahaha

:smileyvery-happy:

Go ahead and check it out!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy I looked it up and when I finally finish my book I think I will use Pubit. :smileyhappy: But that's on down the road for now I need to write. Oh and have you tried those woods yet?:smileyvery-happy:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

Haha

Just got the bug spray! :smileyvery-happy:

Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

Thank you for your participation this week.

If you are interested you can LIKE my Official Facebook Fan Page at Tammy Snyder Author and keep up to date on what's going on in my writing world.

Thanks again so much!!

Hope to chat with you again,

Tammy

A_G_D
0 Kudos

Thank you for your participation this week.

If you are interested you can LIKE my Official Facebook Fan Page at Tammy Snyder Author and keep up to date on what's going on in my writing world.

Thanks again so much!!

Hope to chat with you again,

Tammy

Thank YOU Tammy for taking the time to chat with us and discussing your novel! It is a great story and I will keep an eye for your future novels! Best of luck to you! :smileyhappy:

Andreea