Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

** Reading Schedule - August - Drawing In The Dust **

August at Fiction club - ** Reading Schedule**

Drawing in the Dust 

Here's the reading schedule for August

Monday August 2nd - Discuss Chapters 1-9

Monday August 9th - Discuss Chapters 10-19

Monday August 16th - Discuss Chapters 20-end

Monday August 23 Discuss whole Novel

I will be talking to Zoe next week and so when I finalize her visit I'll let you know when she'll be with us. I'm excited and looking forward to the discussion with all of you and with Zoe participating 

dhaupt

Re: ** Reading Schedule - August -Exciting News!!!

Good morning everyone, I spoke to Ms. Zoe Klein today and she will be joining the festivities on August 4th and stay with us the whole rest of the month. How great is that!!

Make sure you all get a chance to chat with her and ask her anything you want to.

I'm so excited I could SCREAM!!!

KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I hear ya, Debbie!  :smileyvery-happy:  Don't forget to give us a thread on: talking with Zoe!  I know you will, I just didn't want you to forget, in all your excitement!  Ha!  August 4th....through the whole month!  Yea!  Can't wait!  Can't wait!  Can't wait!  Watch....I won't be able to think of a thing to ask her!  I better start rereading...prime the old cogs!

dhaupt wrote:

Good morning everyone, I spoke to Ms. Zoe Klein today and she will be joining the festivities on August 4th and stay with us the whole rest of the month. How great is that!!

Make sure you all get a chance to chat with her and ask her anything you want to.

I'm so excited I could SCREAM!!!

Peppermill

I probably should hold off on this until August, but I would only forget!

This site has a video featuring Zoe Klein and links to another site with additional pictures and information.  Fun!

http://books.simonandschuster.com/Drawing-in-the-Dust/Zoe-Klein/9781416599128

http://authors.simonandschuster.com/Zoe-Klein/48562018/author_revealed

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Peppermill wrote:

This site has a video featuring Zoe Klein and links to another site with additional pictures and information.  Fun!

Pepper, It's almost August so thanks!!!

ps Isn't she gorgeous 

Peppermill
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ps Isn't she gorgeous

YES!

(Seemingly, in both soul and physicality.)

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Peppermill wrote:

ps Isn't she gorgeous

YES!

(Seemingly, in both soul and physicality.)

Well of course that's what I meant too ;-)

KathyS
0 Kudos

Peppermill wrote:

Thanks, Pepper!  Wonderful interview and video...Yes, beautiful!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Well I hope you are all as excited as I am for Monday to get here so we can start the conversations on Drawing in the Dust. Zoe is out of town until Tuesday and will join us then.

So have a great weekend everyone and I'll see you bright and early on Monday morning.

Inspired Contributor
PollyAnnaPH
0 Kudos

I started the book a couple of days ago and had to put it down.  I'm planning to re-start today.  9 Chapters by Monday should be doable. 

Thanks for the link.  Very interesting.

Can't wait for discussion!!

Pam
The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

PollyAnnaPH wrote:

I started the book a couple of days ago and had to put it down.  I'm planning to re-start today.  9 Chapters by Monday should be doable. 

Thanks for the link.  Very interesting.

Can't wait for discussion!!

Pam, we can't wait for you to join us.

Reader 2
Tbkeith
0 Kudos

Sounds good. I'm finishing up The Passage right now but should be done in the next two days. Should be able to catch up with everyone else by then. 

THE 12-STEP CHOCOHOLICS PROGRAM: NEVER BE MORE THAN 12 STEPS AWAY FROM CHOCOLATE!
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Tbkeith wrote:

Sounds good. I'm finishing up The Passage right now but should be done in the next two days. Should be able to catch up with everyone else by then. 

That's great we'll be looking forward to your input

Inspired Contributor
debbaker
0 Kudos

I am back from an extended break from the boards and very excited about joining you for a while. I just placed Drawing In The Dust on hold at the library and will pick it up later today. I will get caught up over the weekend and join in the fun!

Deb
booknook516.blogspot.com

simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought
william hazlitt
dhaupt
0 Kudos

debbaker wrote:

I am back from an extended break from the boards and very excited about joining you for a while. I just placed Drawing In The Dust on hold at the library and will pick it up later today. I will get caught up over the weekend and join in the fun!

Great deb, I think you'll love the book and adore Zoe Klein too. I'll see you on Monday.

KathyS
0 Kudos

I Debbaker, good to see you again!  Glad you got the book....and joining the fun!

Kathy