Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Reading Schedule for A Summer in Europe May's featured read

A Summer in Europe 

I know I've said this before but what the hay, it's almost May, yeah I'm a poet :smileyhappy:

I know you're all excited to be welcoming Marilyn back to the forum, she was a great guest last year and she'll be here the whole month of May

Week one May 7-13 Chapters 1-4

Week two May 14-20 Chapters 5-8

Week three May 21-27 Chapters 9 til end

I can't wait

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

Re: Reading Schedule for A Summer in Europe May's featured read

Book is bought and downloaded to my Nook.  Now to get my pot of tea and handy night case for the trip.  Muse

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

I, who never begins packing more than 24 hours before a trip and never finishes packing more than 15 minutes before I head out the door, have had my NOOK packed for this trip for several months now.  I'm going to kick back and enjoy a glass of wine (they always serve free wine on international flights, you know) as I begin my trip. A (FREE) SUMMER IN EUROPE, here I come!

Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

I just downloaded this to my nook. I'm looking forward to vacationing in Europe with all of you next month!:smileyhappy:

April
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for all your support of me and my visiting authors and Marilyn is an especially special guest as she's a second timer :smileyhappy:

I have her interview and will share more of her secrets a week from Friday 5-4 and then we'll land in Europe early Monday morning 5-7.

Here's a link to her website and some pictures of her travels in Europe enjoy

http://www.marilynbrant.com/MBEUROtravelbooktour.html

Author
MarilynBrant33
0 Kudos

Oh, Debbie, Muse, whiteginger and April ~ thank you all for your enthusiasm already!

I'm packing up and getting ready for Europe, too...and bringing you all some Italian wine and Swiss chocolate for the trip :smileywink:.

Looking forward to our travel adventures in May!

~Marilyn

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

whiteginger wrote:

I, who never begins packing more than 24 hours before a trip and never finishes packing more than 15 minutes before I head out the door, have had my NOOK packed for this trip for several months now.  I'm going to kick back and enjoy a glass of wine (they always serve free wine on international flights, you know) as I begin my trip. A (FREE) SUMMER IN EUROPE, here I come!

May I join you?  I'll bring my own glass :-)  and a my special Seven Sinful Layers of Chocolate Decadance (Cake)... no calories...for we can't be worrying about gaining weight, can we  thumb. We ARE going first class, right?

Muse 

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

Mountain_Muse wrote:

whiteginger wrote:

May I join you?  I'll bring my own glass :-)  and a my special Seven Sinful Layers of Chocolate Decadance (Cake)... no calories...for we can't be worrying about gaining weight, can we  thumb. We ARE going first class, right?

Muse 

Muse, you bring that cake (can I have a finger-taste of the icing before you cut it?  Please?).  I'll bring wine-- to complement the chocolate, a couple of my favorite reds and  some prosecco (and if anyone really likes the stuff, I'll throw in a rose and a sweet white)-- and glasses for everyone.  Would someone else volunteer to bring some fresh raspberries and/or strawberries?  We'll break out those nice first class blankets, pillows, and whatever other amenities we first class passengers get and start this trip off right.

I'm going to have such lovely dreams tonight!   

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

We are up in the mountains this week...oh wait a minute, I already live there.... we are camping in the trailer down the valley away from the phones this week and running up to check on things every couple of days.  A little gettaway time between groups...so I have already got my first section read....Almost read too far Whewww.  Now have to wait for Monday .... Need to go bake that cake.  It's a good thing my daughter is coming in...she's the 4-star baker and uses nothing but the REAL stuff...don't count calories Yummy.  Your wine and strawberries will go great with it.

Let's see:  Packing -  Book on Nook, Check;  Cake, in oven, Check -   Fav Teapot for one, Check  Instant Calorie Disposal, Double Check.  Camera for pictures, Check.  Ah.,...forget the clothes, I'll buy all new on the trip, more fun that way, Beside, no more room in my bag. See you guys next week.

Muse

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Mountain_Muse wrote:

We are up in the mountains this week...oh wait a minute, I already live there.... we are camping in the trailer down the valley away from the phones this week and running up to check on things every couple of days.  A little gettaway time between groups...so I have already got my first section read....Almost read too far Whewww.  Now have to wait for Monday .... Need to go bake that cake.  It's a good thing my daughter is coming in...she's the 4-star baker and uses nothing but the REAL stuff...don't count calories Yummy.  Your wine and strawberries will go great with it.

Let's see:  Packing -  Book on Nook, Check;  Cake, in oven, Check -   Fav Teapot for one, Check  Instant Calorie Disposal, Double Check.  Camera for pictures, Check.  Ah.,...forget the clothes, I'll buy all new on the trip, more fun that way, Beside, no more room in my bag. See you guys next week.

Muse

Muse, sounds like Heaven :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
Catherine111
0 Kudos

I am getting very excited.  I fear once I start reading I won't be able to stop, going by my past experiences with Marilyn Brant novels.  I just joined the forum for this discussion, so I hope I will be able to find my way around here.  I am glad there is a spell check.

Catherine

Catherine
Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Mountain_Muse wrote:

Muse

Instant Calorie Disposal, Double Check.    Where did you get this?!?  How much was it?  --Oh, never mind the cost!  I don't care!  Got to have one!    Can I buy it on line?  Muse, PLEASE send me the link!!!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Catherine111 wrote:

I am getting very excited.  I fear once I start reading I won't be able to stop, going by my past experiences with Marilyn Brant novels.  I just joined the forum for this discussion, so I hope I will be able to find my way around here.  I am glad there is a spell check.

Catherine

Catherine, WELCOME!!

It's so nice to have someone new with us and maybe you'll like us so much you'll stay for more reads too.

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

whiteginger wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Mountain_Muse wrote:

Muse

Instant Calorie Disposal, Double Check.    Where did you get this?!?  How much was it?  --Oh, never mind the cost!  I don't care!  Got to have one!    Can I buy it on line?  Muse, PLEASE send me the link!!!

Lol  Ginger,

They are only available through Fiction General Discussion and available for a limited time for those going on this excursion.  Cost?  :-)  They are priceless.  Only those participating can truly appreciate the value.  Yours is in route.  Yours, too, Deb.

Muse

dhaupt
0 Kudos

whiteginger wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Mountain_Muse wrote:

Muse

lol

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hey Guys we're famous, this is a link to Marilyn's latest newsletter (of course none of you need this because you all subscribe right)

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/549586/dc60daa257/1688501683/cc05d83a33/

Author
MarilynBrant33
0 Kudos

Catherine, I'm positively thrilled that you're joining us!! YAY!!! :smileyhappy:

Muse, all I can say is that I'm SO glad the "Instant Calorie Disposal" is winging its way my house right now and that you were generous enough to share it with us. Thank you -- I *need* it!!

And Deb, you and your awesome book club were already famous... I just love being a part of your merry band whenever I can and wanted to tell the world how cool you all are!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!! Until Monday...

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Hey Guys we're famous, this is a link to Marilyn's latest newsletter (of course none of you need this because you all subscribe right)

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/549586/dc60daa257/1688501683/cc05d83a33/

WTG!!!!  :-)

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

OK.  So last night, I wanted a break from the nonfiction and literary fiction :smileywink: I'm reading.  I began ASE.

I was all comfortably settled into bed with my NOOK.. . . Her octogenarian aunt belongs to an S&M club! . . . I giggled . . . I laughed . . . I had to get up and go to the bathroom!  

(And, yes, I now know what S&M stands for :smileylol:)

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

whiteginger wrote:

OK.  So last night, I wanted a break from the nonfiction and literary fiction :smileywink: I'm reading.  I began ASE.

I was all comfortably settled into bed with my NOOK.. . . Her octogenarian aunt belongs to an S&M club! . . . I giggled . . . I laughed . . . I had to get up and go to the bathroom!  

(And, yes, I now know what S&M stands for :smileylol:)

You an me, both.  I even had Fred rocking and rolling in his chair!  I wonder if I can start one of those clubs here?  Hmmmm  Problem is no one around here knows many games beyond dymanos and yatzee.... A D&Y club just doesn't sound like as much fun as S&M.

See you Monday Ginger.

Muse