Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Reading Schedule for Friday Mornings at Nine by Marilyn Brant

Friday Mornings at Nine 

Happy Valentines Day, here's my gift to you all the reading schedule for next month's featured read. Marilyn has agreed to be with us during the discussions.

Week one - chapters 1-9 pages 1-107

Week two - chapters 10-16 pages 108-215

Week three chapters 17-25 pages 216-326

Can't wait

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Reading Schedule for Friday Mornings at Nine by Marilyn Brant

dhaupt wrote:

Friday Mornings at Nine 

Happy Valentines Day, here's my gift to you all the reading schedule for next month's featured read. Marilyn has agreed to be with us during the discussions.

Can't wait

Yay!! I'm so excited that Marilyn will be visiting - she is fabulous!!!

Distinguished Correspondent
A_G_D
0 Kudos

I guess I got my answer for what I posted on the first thread :smileyhappy: Thanks!

Andreea
"Books are the quitest and most constant of friends; they are the most accesible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." -Charles Eliot
dhaupt
0 Kudos

A_G_D wrote:

I guess I got my answer for what I posted on the first thread :smileyhappy: Thanks!

I hope so and it's great that you'll be joining in :smileyhappy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Friday Mornings at Nine 

Can't wait

I guess it would have been nice to tell you all when the conversation will start :smileyhappy:

Mark your Calendars for March 7th 

Contributor
WaterlillyWillow
0 Kudos

I'm so excited! I will be recieving my copy of Fridays at Nine in the mail today! I can't wait to get started!

Willow

"Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind." ~Rebecca
dhaupt
0 Kudos

WaterlillyWillow wrote:

I'm so excited! I will be recieving my copy of Fridays at Nine in the mail today! I can't wait to get started!

you're so sweet Willow and I can't wait either :smileyhappy:

Author
MarilynBrant33
0 Kudos

Waving hello to everyone!

Many thanks to Debbie and Becke for inviting me. I'm really looking forward to the discussion. :smileyhappy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

MarilynBrant wrote:

Many thanks to Debbie and Becke for inviting me. I'm really looking forward to the discussion. :smileyhappy:

Hi Marilyn, we are all excited.

Stay tuned folks I will have the interview that Marilyn so graciously agreed  to do posted on Monday.

Have a great weekend

A_G_D
0 Kudos

Andreea
"Books are the quitest and most constant of friends; they are the most accesible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." -Charles Eliot
Reader 2
little2breezey1
0 Kudos

How do I join the book club I am new to this and would love to know ow I can join. I also need help to know how to post a comment

dhaupt
0 Kudos

little2breezey1 wrote:

How do I join the book club I am new to this and would love to know ow I can join. I also need help to know how to post a comment

Hi, and welcome to the club. This is a casual forum like chat room so there is nothing to really join. Just read the book we're featuring and comment. And you just did post a comment, that's all you have to do.

Starting March 7, I'll add a new thread to the club that will say Week 1 discussion, just click on that and reply to the questions or comment what you'd like to say. Then follow the weeks 2 and three threads and pretty soon you'll be a veteran at it.

I'm so happy you want to participate, thanks and I can't wait. Marilyn seems like she's really excited about this too.

Author
MarilynBrant33
0 Kudos

Andreea, thank you so much -- I'm excited!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, too. :smileywink:

Wordsmith
Runnergirl77
0 Kudos

Okay, I just downloaded it, so I'm good to go!  Thank you to Marilyn and her publisher for offering this book in eBook format as well; true, instant reading satisfaction, almost as satisfying, perhaps more so, than that first cup of java in the morning.

I can't wait for this to start!

-Deb

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Runnergirl77 wrote:

Okay, I just downloaded it, so I'm good to go!  Thank you to Marilyn and her publisher for offering this book in eBook format as well; true, instant reading satisfaction, almost as satisfying, perhaps more so, than that first cup of java in the morning.

I can't wait for this to start!

-Deb

Hi Deb and welcome, only two weeks to wait.

I'll be posting the interview I had with Marilyn sometime this morning.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Debbie -- my library system doesn't have this one and my TBR pile needs attention, so I'll be sitting this one out, although I will certainly lurk a bit now and then.

Enjoy!

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Peppermill wrote:

Debbie -- my library system doesn't have this one and my TBR pile needs attention, so I'll be sitting this one out, although I will certainly lurk a bit now and then.

Enjoy!

Pepper

We'll definitely miss you contribution Pepper, but we'll catch up in the next month or so.

Take care :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the schedule! I think I'm going to slip over to the Literature by Women group in March, I've never read anything by Daphne du Maurier. Of course, I've also never read anything by Ms. Brant, either... This looks like a good one, but I'm afraid to overcommit. As I usually do... I may still have to pick this one up, I'll see if I can avoid temptation.

In any event, see you in April!

Elaine

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
dhaupt
0 Kudos

elaine_hf wrote:

Thanks for the schedule! I think I'm going to slip over to the Literature by Women group in March, I've never read anything by Daphne du Maurier. Of course, I've also never read anything by Ms. Brant, either... This looks like a good one, but I'm afraid to overcommit. As I usually do... I may still have to pick this one up, I'll see if I can avoid temptation.

In any event, see you in April!

Elaine

We will definitely miss you Elaine, but I understand completely and I'll look forward to your return in April

A_G_D
0 Kudos

Ok I got it! I am all set :smileyhappy:

Andreea