Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt

Reading Schedule for Paris Noire February Feature Read

Paris Noire 

I know many of you are looking forward to this WWII historical novel read and discussion with the author Francine Thomas

Well wait no longer

here is the reading schedule

The discussion begins Monday Feburary 6th 2012

Week One Chapters 1-14

Week Two Chapters 15-29

Week Three Chapters 30-end

Francine has graciously agreed to spend the month with us.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Reading Schedule for Paris Noire February Feature Read

[ Edited ]

Hey gang, I just got great news, Sarah Burningham founder of Little Bird Publicity will also be joining us for some chat time, so think of your questions to ask what role a publicist plays in the publication of novel

and check out some of her clients and a little info on the company

http://littlebirdpublicity.com/

Robyn Carr

Harlequin 

Harper Collins

Rosemary Harris

Kristan Higgins

This is something a little new for us and very exciting, more information to follow so keep checking back and then join in on Monday February 6th when the discussion begins,

Author
Francinethomashoward

Thanks, Debbie.  I am ready to go.  You and your readers will discover that my characters are real to me.  I love to talk about them!  I'm looking forward to February.

Francine Thomas Howard

Author: Paris Noire

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Francinethomashoward wrote:

Thanks, Debbie.  I am ready to go.  You and your readers will discover that my characters are real to me.  I love to talk about them!  I'm looking forward to February.

Francine Thomas Howard

Author: Paris Noire

Hi Francine, thanks for the post

I'm excited about the month and the feature with your and Sarah's participation it should be a great discussion.

Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

Deb,

I'm looking forward to this one! And to have the chance to chat with Francine!! Thanks for this selection, see you in February.

Elaine

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea
0 Kudos

Thanks Deb! I'm really excited about this selection, and the opportunity to discuss it with everyone here, as well as Francine!

I'll get the book this weekend so I can keep on top of the reading schedule (I can't remember the last time I read to a schedule, but I'll sure give it a try!)

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

I'm navigating to the store whose name shall not be mentioned to pick up the ebook.  I'm looking forward to the reading and discussion.  The next few months are a really busy time for me.  I've already seemed to run a few days behind in discussions on the previous book; I will try to better on Paris Noire.  Talk with you guys soon.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi all and welcome to the February read, Francine and her publicist Sarah are both excited about being with us for this selection and I'm so glad that each and everyone of you will be joining in, it's going to be a great discussion.

Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea
0 Kudos

Oh no! It's not available for nook! :smileyfrustrated: Hmmm, I better get it ordered then so I don't fall behind... ! :smileywink: 

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger

ThirstyFlea wrote:

Oh no! It's not available for nook! :smileyfrustrated: Hmmm, I better get it ordered then so I don't fall behind... ! :smileywink: 

Thirsty, I just sent you a PM. Deb checked on ebook availability for me last week.  If you have a rooted NOOK of any kind, you can download Paris Noire in ebook.
:smileywink:

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - I just dropped in briefly to let you know that I hopefully will be in the loop for Paris Noire - I'm trying to get myself (and others) ready for 2 months in sunny Florida. We leave on Friday, and I'm beginning the book. Hopefully I'll chime in once we get settled. Happy Reading...

Anne

dhaupt
0 Kudos

The conversation will be starting in just a few days, I'm so glad to have all of you onboard for our trip to Gay Parie.

Francine is really excited to be joining us and so is her publicist Sarah and Sarah's associate Katie too.

I think it'll be an interesting read for all of you, a look at WWII differently than we're used to from the French prospective.