[ Edited ]

Hi everyone and Happy Friday the 13th.

Here's the reading schedule for the June Feature

The Chimney Still Stands  

We'll be doing this in two parts since it's a short novel

Week 1 starting June 6th - Prologue thru Chapter 12

Week 2 starting June 13th - Chapter 13 thru end

I hope you'll all support this great product by B&N

I look forward to the conversation with you and with Tammy too.

Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

Re: Reading Schedule for The Chimney Still Stands - June's featured read

Hello Debbie,

Thank you so much for selecting The Chimney Still Stands for your book club. I'm so excited!  I look forward to meeting the readers and hearing their thoughts. I will be here daily to chat and answer any questions.  

I can't wait to get started!

See y'all soon! :smileyvery-happy:

Tammy

The Chimney Still Stands on "eStands" everywhere! :smileyhappy:

AND...I am now available for Virtual Author Visits via Skype!
Distinguished Correspondent
A_G_D
0 Kudos

Since it's only offered for the NOOK I won't be able to participate :smileysad: but I will follow the discussions as always..

Andreea
"Books are the quitest and most constant of friends; they are the most accesible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." -Charles Eliot
dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

A_G_D wrote:

Since it's only offered for the NOOK I won't be able to participate :smileysad: but I will follow the discussions as always..

Andreea, it's available in other e-forms as well - here's an comment from Tammy on my blog's fan page on FB

If you don't have a NOOK, that's okay! You can use these devices and apps:
Nook/NOOKcolor/Nook for iPad/Nook for iPhone/NookStudy/Nook for PC/Nook for Android/NOOK kids/for iPad/Nook for Android (Tablet) :smileywink:

So have no fear we have your app

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Today at the Romance University fellow moderator of the mystery board here at B&N Becke Davis is hosting a visit from Julia Coblentz, Pubit's senior marketing manager

check it out

http://romanceuniversity.org/2011/05/13/how-to-get-your-book-on-the-nook%E2%80%94and-market-it-too-2...

Reader 4
pugsnponies
0 Kudos

I could never read a book on a nook, phone, computer or anything with a screen - it would drive me nuts!

And I was really looking forward to reading this book :smileysad:

I hope in the future you choose books I can go purchase in-hand or rent from my library

Maybe you could choose a second June book to read/discuss for those of us that don't have nook

dhaupt
0 Kudos

pugsnponies wrote:

I could never read a book on a nook, phone, computer or anything with a screen - it would drive me nuts!

I hope in the future you choose books I can go purchase in-hand or rent from my library

Maybe you could choose a second June book to read/discuss for those of us that don't have nook

I'm sorry pugs, I hope you will join us in August when we will be featuring a ink and paper read.

This month is not just about e-reading it's also about celebrating Pubit by Barnes and Noble where authors who have never before been able to publish their works now do so themselves and are having a great success doing so.

Please join us for our next featured read.

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

Where do I find the reading schedule for the rest of the year? I know that I saw it on here somewhere but I have looked and looked and cannot find it again.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

kathylcsw wrote:

Where do I find the reading schedule for the rest of the year? I know that I saw it on here somewhere but I have looked and looked and cannot find it again.

here is the link kathy, just be sure to scroll down to the last message for the complete list

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Fiction-General-Discussion/A-Running-Tally-of-Gen-Fiction-Rea...

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

Thanks Debbie! Hopefully I can participate in some of the discussions.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

just a little reminder, I'll be posting Tammy's interview on Friday, stay tuned, order the book and join us for the read starting June 6th

Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

pugsnponies wrote:

Hi pugsnponies -

I felt the exact same way about a year and a half ago, before my dear husband gave me my first Nook. And now - I can't seem to go on without it!! In fact, my daughter and I were having lunch at a restaurant, I LEFT MY NOOK (can't believe I did this!!!!) on the chair, I called and found out it was perfectly safe in a locked drawer, but couldn't relax til I turned around and picked it up. Whew!! My husband gave me a Nook Color for Christmas last year, and I feel just as attached to it. There's something about holding a 'real' book in my hands, no question about it, but I have to admit that there's also something to be said to be holding 300-ish just-as-real books, in terms of the content, in my hands wherever I go. Give it a try!

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
dhaupt
0 Kudos

elaine_hf wrote:

pugsnponies wrote:

Hi pugsnponies -

I felt the exact same way about a year and a half ago, before my dear husband gave me my first Nook. And now - I can't seem to go on without it!! In fact, my daughter and I were having lunch at a restaurant, I LEFT MY NOOK (can't believe I did this!!!!) on the chair, I called and found out it was perfectly safe in a locked drawer, but couldn't relax til I turned around and picked it up. Whew!! My husband gave me a Nook Color for Christmas last year, and I feel just as attached to it. There's something about holding a 'real' book in my hands, no question about it, but I have to admit that there's also something to be said to be holding 300-ish just-as-real books, in terms of the content, in my hands wherever I go. Give it a try!

Elaine, first let me say whew, thank God your Nook is safe. Now, I agree with both of you I love the feel of a book in my hand, I also like progress and my biggest problem is that a lot of publishing houses are getting away from printed galley's those of you who don't know what that is, it's a pre-published unncorrected copy of an up coming release and that's what early reviewers like me read for either a publication or author or publisher that wants our opinion of the book, so I had to get a Nook or else copy a whole manuscript off my computer, which is not good for the envoirnment or my printer. I also like the convenience the Nook offers for those who travel either extensively or just for fun, how great it is to have so many books at your fingertips and when you have a nook you really never run out, if you're away and want another book you simply order right from your Nook and it's delivered almost instantly. How nice. Also there a many e-publishers out there like Pubit and I'd hate to think that I would have missed Tammy's book simply because I couldn't e-read it.

So I have both and don't see any chance of either going out of style

Tomorrow's the start I hope you're all ready :smileyhappy:

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

elaine_hf wrote:

pugsnponies wrote:

Hi pugsnponies -

Elaine, first let me say whew, thank God your Nook is safe. Now, I agree with both of you I love the feel of a book in my hand, I also like progress and my biggest problem is that a lot of publishing houses are getting away from printed galley's those of you who don't know what that is, it's a pre-published unncorrected copy of an up coming release and that's what early reviewers like me read for either a publication or author or publisher that wants our opinion of the book, so I had to get a Nook or else copy a whole manuscript off my computer, which is not good for the envoirnment or my printer. I also like the convenience the Nook offers for those who travel either extensively or just for fun, how great it is to have so many books at your fingertips and when you have a nook you really never run out, if you're away and want another book you simply order right from your Nook and it's delivered almost instantly. How nice. Also there a many e-publishers out there like Pubit and I'd hate to think that I would have missed Tammy's book simply because I couldn't e-read it.

I have always been a "book worm".  The feel of a hard bound book in my hands was like "comfort food"....even better than macaroni and cheese.  But after moving and having to let our extensive library go due to lack of physical space it was either cut back on reading or rethink how to be able to keep reading.  Added to that I have a medical issue that does not allow me to hold those beloved books for any length of time any longer, so the discovery of the Nook has been a blessing.  

Like Deb, I started off with the Black and White Nook and then my husband bought me a color Nook last Christmas.  Love it Love It Love it.  BTW hubby loves the B&W.  We look quite the pair when we go traveling....laptops, Nooks, and IPhones.... all at hand in the carry-on bag.  Sometimes we remember to bring the non-necessities, like clothes. :-)

Mtn Muse

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Mountain_Muse wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

elaine_hf wrote:

pugsnponies wrote:

Hi pugsnponies -

I have always been a "book worm".  The feel of a hard bound book in my hands was like "comfort food"....even better than macaroni and cheese.  But after moving and having to let our extensive library go due to lack of physical space it was either cut back on reading or rethink how to be able to keep reading.  Added to that I have a medical issue that does not allow me to hold those beloved books for any length of time any longer, so the discovery of the Nook has been a blessing.  

Like Deb, I started off with the Black and White Nook and then my husband bought me a color Nook last Christmas.  Love it Love It Love it.  BTW hubby loves the B&W.  We look quite the pair when we go traveling....laptops, Nooks, and IPhones.... all at hand in the carry-on bag.  Sometimes we remember to bring the non-necessities, like clothes. :-)

Mtn Muse

Karen, my friend so nice to hear from you too. I hope everything is going well for you and that you can breathe a bit and visit the club more. I know Spring has been a busy time for you and Hubby. Just take care and know that I think of you often.