Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Reading Schedule for The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship

[ Edited ]

I know you're going to say how on earth is it time for our March read, well my lovelies this coming Monday it will be only two weeks until we start on this fabuous piece of literature.

The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship  

Lis Verge Higgins is on deadline right now but will be free when the conversation begins and will be with us throughout the month

Visit her website to learn more about the novel, the author and what's next for her click here for the link she's been nice enough to advertise us on there. Thanks Lisa!

Reading schedule is as follows

Week One starting March 5th chapters 1-6

Week Two starting March 12th chapters 7-12

Week Three starting March 19th chapters 13-end

clic the title link above to purchase and then get ready for a month of friendship here as we read about another circle of friends.

Stay tuned for my interview with Lisa and ny review of her novel as well.

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

Re: Reading Schedule for The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship

Set, ready, and Nook Up.

Muse

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

Yep.  Got my NC and NST all loaded up tonight.  March, here we come!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

OOh locked and loaded that's great news :smileyhappy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just spoke with the author and she is so excited about doing this, her excitement is really rubbing off on me, sometimes I need a little nudge to remind me that we're talking about someone's baby here and it excites me when I see the excitement in them too.

Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

Well, I was thinking about sitting this one out, but then decided, why not just do it! See you in March!

Elaine

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
dhaupt
0 Kudos

elaine_hf wrote:

Well, I was thinking about sitting this one out, but then decided, why not just do it! See you in March!

Elaine

:smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

Deb,

Just finished the first 6 chapters - and that's where I'm stopping for now! Can't afford to let a senior moment happen and add a spoiler to the conversation. For once, I really am ready!!

Elaine

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

Got my copy downloaded to my nook. Can't wait to start reading!

April
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Welcome aboard April and Elaine. I really think this will be a fun month of talking about this novel

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just reposted my review and a bit more information about the read,

check it out

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2012/02/proper-care-and-maintenance-of.html

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy.  I read the first part and can't wait to start.  Just counting the days.

counting

Muse

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Behave yourself Muse

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

It's not even the first day of March!  How can I be behind already!  April, you seem to be my only hope . . . please tell me you haven't started either!  :smileylol:

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

Debbie,

Can we read it for March AND April?  smile

Just kidding (not really)  Lol.

I'll have to re-read anything I've read now by April.  Too many other books and too many campers between now and then.  But...it will be worth the read.

Muse

PS  Deb  I don't want to behave:smileytongue:

Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

whiteginger wrote:

It's not even the first day of March!  How can I be behind already!  April, you seem to be my only hope . . . please tell me you haven't started either!  :smileylol:

Whiteginger, you're in luck! I haven't started reading yet either. I wanted to finish the book I was currently reading first, so I'll probably pick this one up on Monday. Can't wait to discuss it with you!

April
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Mountain_Muse wrote:

Debbie,

I'll have to re-read anything I've read now by April.  Too many other books and too many campers between now and then.  But...it will be worth the read.

Muse

Ok Muse, you don't have to behave, but sorry it's only for March in April we're reading the haunting  story of Claude Monet and his wife/muse Camille.

But I'm very happy to have you for March

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Mountain_Muse wrote:

Debbie,

Muse

Ok Muse, you don't have to behave, but sorry it's only for March in April we're reading the haunting  story of Claude Monet and his wife/muse Camille.

dhaupt wrote:

Mountain_Muse wrote:

Debbie,

Muse

Can't promis for March.  I have over 325 college and high school kids here though out the month of March.  They'll all be swinging hammers and checking out the power saws.  We're building a house!  But I will try.

:smileywink:

Muse

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Mountain_Muse wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Mountain_Muse wrote:

Debbie,

Muse

dhaupt wrote:

Mountain_Muse wrote:

Debbie,

Muse

Can't promis for March.  I have over 325 college and high school kids here though out the month of March.  They'll all be swinging hammers and checking out the power saws.  We're building a house!  But I will try.

:smileywink:

Muse

I know you'll try Muse, but building a dream like you and your highschoolers are doing is more important than any book. I'll keep my fingers crossed :smileyhappy:

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

dhaupt, I am in. I just got the book. I got it through Inter-library loan. I am anxious to read it.

ReadingPatti