Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Reading schedule for The Dog Who Danced-November feature

The Dog Who Danced  

Here's our reading schedule for The Dog Who Danced

11-5 thru 11-11

Week one - Chapters 1-19

11-12 thur 11-18

Week two- Chapters 20-36

11-19 thru 11-2

Week Three- chapters 37-end

Susan will be with us all the way, she's even advertising on her website so maybe we'll have some new blood to discuss the novel with.

Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

Re: Reading schedule for The Dog Who Danced-November feature

Can't wait to get started on this one! I've been looking forward to this read since you announced it on the schedule, Deb! See you all in November!:smileyhappy:

April
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Glad to have you with us April :smileyhappy:

Author
Susan_Wilson_Writes
0 Kudos

As the author of The Dog Who Danced, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to 'meeting' this book group and having some lively discussions about the book. Although I've done a number of phone/Skype or in-person groups, this is my first experience with an on-line book group, so it's all new for me.  I find that book groups tend toward very thoughtful questions and opinions and I imagine that this one will be just as stimulating.  Can't wait to get started!

All the best, Susan

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Susan_Wilson_Writes wrote:

As the author of The Dog Who Danced, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to 'meeting' this book group and having some lively discussions about the book. Although I've done a number of phone/Skype or in-person groups, this is my first experience with an on-line book group, so it's all new for me.  I find that book groups tend toward very thoughtful questions and opinions and I imagine that this one will be just as stimulating.  Can't wait to get started!

All the best, Susan

Susan, Welcome!!!

I'm glad you were able to post,

We're all excited here too to read the novel together and chat about it with you

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Deb, Patti here. I am fine and so is Callie. I do not have to work today. We are closed but I get paid anyway. IF we close due to weather we get paid. So I am off until Thurs. We have our used book sale then.

I am in. I got the book. SO I wil be joining you for Nov.

Hope every one is fine your way.

ReadingPatti

dhaupt
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Deb, Patti here. I am fine and so is Callie. I do not have to work today. We are closed but I get paid anyway. IF we close due to weather we get paid. So I am off until Thurs. We have our used book sale then.

I am in. I got the book. SO I wil be joining you for Nov.

Hope every one is fine your way.

ReadingPatti

Patti, thanks for checking in, I'm glad you are fine

and I'm really glad that you'll be here for our November read :smileyhappy:

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Deb, I have already started the book and I am on Chapter 10. I am really liking this books. I don't know what I would do if someone took my Callie. I would work hard to find her and hope that person who took is not around.

Patti

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Week One Notice

Hey all my loyal peeps.

B&N is still suffering from the effects of Sandy and I can't post a new message so I'm going to wait a little while and if I still can't post I'll put the week one questions here.

So keep your fingers crossed 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Week One Notice