Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Return to Sullivan's Island - Ch 13-Epilogue

[ Edited ]

Woody becomes a fixture in chapter 13.  Do you find yourself hoping that Beth will fall for him and forget Max? 

Mom doesn't exactly agree to the $100,000 that Beth wans to invest, so Beth adds a zero... we can see the writing on the wall here...

Pretty soon Max isn't returning phone calls, and Beth starts to worry.   With good reason.  Beth starts to wonder why she fell so hard for Max, what it was that made him so irresistible to her -- any guesses?

Maybe it's a good thing that Beth did fall so hard for Max, otherwise she might not have been so determined to take his picture, which brought on the FBI. 

Things are starting to get really crazy- Woody and Beth rush off to save Sophie, only to find they're too late to save anyone. 

Finally, Beth's journey back to Sullivan's Island is complete- she's a success,  she has made it in her family as an adult.  I think that's what she was looking for all along.

Your thoughts?

This thread is suitable for those who have finished the book. Please be aware that this thread will contain spoilers.

Message Edited by Stephanie on 07-12-2009 10:25 AM
Stephanie
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Return to Sullivan's Island - Ch 8- 13-Epilogue

[ Edited ]

These warning signals concerning Max, that were given to Beth?  They were like smacks along side the head!....did she change her hair color to blond?

Woody...I can't help but laugh, every time I read that name I think of two things....one being Toy Story!

Beth seems to have perpetual reasons for being stupid, and a college grad...hmm, I wasn't thinking that being one of them...I really thought she was smarter, or come to her senses, at the beginning, with maybe Cecily's help... and would snap out of this Max infatuation.., but nope, she only got stupider.  Then it dawned on me, the age difference....yup, the father thing....But, she couldn't see the resemblance?  Hmm?

Then I wondered what Woody's excuss was for being stupid....how could somebody of his age, with his experience and education, NOT investigate Max further.  He could see Beth's infatuation, and I know he was falling for her at the same time....at first I thought he was showing a little bit of reserve along with a modicum of good judgment where Beth was concerned...but to NOT look into this guy was pure stupididty. 

You would think he would investigate Max, just to find something on this guy, to get rid of him!....I was honestly surprised at this point.....I wanted her to fall for Woody, and leave the "old" guy....but was changing my mind about Woody when he encouraged her in this deal with Max.  I think he saw dollar signs, as Beth did.   He didn't step back and question his lack of judment....Not somebody I'd want, either.   Money, another blindingly warning sign!.......and I can't believe what Beth and Max did to defame that house!...OMG!  Boy, did Max reel in a live one!  More than one, I'm afraid!  Forget Beth being an investigative journalist!

When Beth asked her mom for the 100,000...and her mom says, no, but okay with 10,000....I could see the "zeros on the wall"!!!  I knew what was going on in her head with this one....she just had to do one more stupid thing!  And wanting to ask Sophie to bail her out!!???  How was she was going to get out of this one?  I guess throwing up on somebody wasn't going to be the answer?

So, Sophie dies and Allison is commited.  The family returns to Sullivans Island.

Page 319 - I felt like the house:

"Suddenly the house looked old and everything about it was wrong.  The shutters were hanging crooked on their hinges, the back steps sagged, and the roof looked dull.  Even the landscaping seemed to be drooping."

Kathy S.

Message Edited by KathyS on 07-15-2009 10:12 AM
Inspired Contributor
Purpyl
0 Kudos

Re: Return to Sullivan's Island - Ch 13-Epilogue

So glad I finished this book. I had my doubts when Beth's heartsick drivel seemed to be the main story.

I liked Woody better than Max from the start.

I did feel like Cecily & Beth became such good friends too fast. And who was paying for all the food Cecily kept buying? (Details, details...)

Over all, I liked the book very much. Looking forward to its sequel.

Cathy

KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Cathy, why did you think Cecily and Beth "became good friends too fast"?  I'm thinking it had to happen....she was Livvie's granddaughter....and Susan was connected to Livvie.  Sure, she was older than Beth, and with that, I'd hoped she'd have more influence on her....ah well....

And as far as the details...Cecily's job was to take care of any of Beth's needs....I'm sure the family got the bill....or it came out of the budget that was allotted to Beth. I think Cecily was a good friend to Beth....she jumped when she was called.....seemingly her only really good friend, besides her aunt Sophie, who was conveniently killed off. 

Does any of this mean Beth has grown up...? No.  Until she actually handles an important situation on her own, will it tell us that she has grown into a woman of substance.

Purpyl wrote:

So glad I finished this book. I had my doubts when Beth's heartsick drivel seemed to be the main story.

I liked Woody better than Max from the start.

I did feel like Cecily & Beth became such good friends too fast. And who was paying for all the food Cecily kept buying? (Details, details...)

Over all, I liked the book very much. Looking forward to its sequel.

Cathy

Message Edited by KathyS on 07-15-2009 08:24 PM
Inspired Contributor
Purpyl
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

Cathy, why did you think Cecily and Beth "became good friends too fast"?  I'm thinking it had to happen....she was Livvie's granddaughter....and Susan was connected to Livvie.  Sure, she was older than Beth, and with that, I'd hoped she'd have more influence on her....ah well....

I don't know. I guess I'm being overly critical, which I don't mean to be.

Cathy

KathyS
0 Kudos

Purpyl wrote:

KathyS wrote:

Cathy

Cathy, that's not being overly critical to say what you did about their relationship.  My question was, what made you think this?  Was it because they just met, and all of a sudden, here they are, best friends?  Yes, ordinarily, under different circumstances we might say that....Have you ever met someone, and you feel like you've known them all of your life?  Some relationships are like that.  It's happened to me.  But whether that friendship lasts a lifetime, is up to the two people involved.

I once had friend who could almost read my mind....finish the sentences, sort of speak, but the friendship went away....not long ago I met someone who knew my mind as well as she knew hers.  Our backgrounds, our history, or relationships and how we each have dealt with them....we were almost to the letter of being the same.  But, there will always be differences, and when they start to surface, you never know where that friendship will go.

That's what I think happened with Cecily and Beth.  I think they hit it off right away, and at this point in time...in the story, there is definately a connection.  But to question it, is not out of the question.  It may, or may not last.

I've got years of looking back on these ages.  Even if Beth was 23, I thouht, at first, she would have the common sense her mother, and family, had instilled in her.  Age has no revelence in this. Woody was no help in this, either. 

Beth had a problem, and that was loosing her father.  When this issue was brought up, from the beginning of this story....I knew, in some way, it would come back to haunt her, and this story. The problem is, we had to endure all of this side view nonsense with her, because the so called adults in her family took off for points....outside of Beth's problems. 

To loose the character of Sophie blew it for me, as you might have felt from what I've said a couple of times in this discussion.   I thought she would be a mentor-mother for Beth (Susan wasn't there for her)...someone to help her work through these problems....I could feel that's what Beth wanted in her relationship with Sophie;  and I wanted that, too. But, sadly, the relevance of this topic, in this discussion, has not come up.  So, the ending to this story fell short, and lost me in sadness.

Am I being overly critical?  I fell in love with Sullivans Island...I fell out of it, with it's return.

In saying all of this, I can't help how I'm feeling...it's been sad for me.  I'll never stop reading Dot's books...I love her to death,  I've read her from day one.   Her stories always have something to say to me, and her readers, but I want her back in first person, so I can feel, and hear, her character's voices first hand.   

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

Purpyl wrote:

KathyS wrote:

Cathy

Cathy, that's not being overly critical to say what you did about their relationship.  My question was, what made you think this?  Was it because they just met, and all of a sudden, here they are, best friends?  Yes, ordinarily, under different circumstances we might say that....Have you ever met someone, and you feel like you've known them all of your life?  Some relationships are like that.  It's happened to me.  But whether that friendship lasts a lifetime, is up to the two people involved.

I once had friend who could almost read my mind....finish the sentences, sort of speak, but the friendship went away....not long ago I met someone who knew my mind as well as she knew hers.  Our backgrounds, our history, or relationships and how we each have dealt with them....we were almost to the letter of being the same.  But, there will always be differences, and when they start to surface, you never know where that friendship will go.

That's what I think happened with Cecily and Beth.  I think they hit it off right away, and at this point in time...in the story, there is definately a connection.  But to question it, is not out of the question.  It may, or may not last.  

Kathy,

I think I understand what you're getting at here about Beth and Cecily's friendship - I think Beth needed someone to talk to, and Cecily was right there, older, wiser, and someone she could trust. The simple fact that Beth really didn't know anyone else helped them to become friendly faster than what usually might take place.

Stephanie
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

Stephanie and all, I have just this moment arrived in my hotel room in St. Louis.  This whole month has been a bit of a nightmare getting on line and traveling for book tour and if I had been in possession of all my wits I probably would have begged Stephanie to do this in August!  So first, let me apologize for my sporadic appearances in this chat.  I am thrilled to be here and to do this for what I think is our seventh year!

Second,  you all know that I am on book tour and what happens when I go out on tour is pretty crazy.  My volume of email picks up like crazy, I am working 14 hour days before I even get to dinner, I hate my clothes, it's a city a day, it's hot and I actually don't mind because at all these signings I get to meet lots of truly wonderful people. 

That said, there are always a few nuts.  I got an email the other day from a big fat nut who told me I was unqualified to write abouat financial markets, that I was so stupid people laughed at my writing, that it was a miracle I ever got published and this thing went on and on for so long I finally started laughing because it was completely insane. Did I ever leave SC and so forth?  Anyway, just stupid, stupid, stupid.  So, as a joke I sent it off to Josephine Humphrey, Patti Callahan Henry, Cassandra King, my editor, my agent and a few others with a header that said, "What do y'all think I should tell this very nice lady?"

After I read their responses, which ranged from "don't respond!" to "tell her to  . . ." to "She's dangerous!" I started thinking about all this ramped up unsolicited criticism we (authors) are enjoying on the Internet and in our personal email.  It is an issue, especially for new authors who get clobbered by complete strangers and wind up taking it personally.  It can be devastating.

Here's the thing about it that I keep thinking beyond the obvious that it's a bunch of meanspirited nonsense - it's just a book!  It's just a little story!  Most authors aren't pedophiles, murderers, drug dealers or anything except well intentioned men and women who want to tell you a story, who hope you'll be entertained and who hope that when you are finished with the book that you'll be satisfied by the experience.  We, and I think I can speak for many authors, understand that the literary merit of our work is always vunerable for a good kicking session but we also don't quite appreciate or understand our work being enviscerated.  We have editors, copy editors, agents and others who all read the work and cut us up to shreds way way before it is published.  So when it is published, there is a sense of relief and pride that our publisher believes in us and that wwe have all delivered something worthy.  Gratutious biopsies seem unfair to us. 

Why do people do this to authors?  Books are not like a steak that you send back to the chef because it's not quite grilled to your liking.  When it's in print, there it is.  Forever.  Authors can only write so many books in their career because life is finite.  So when I sit down and choose a subject, the plot, the themes -  it is all carefully chosen, proposed to my editor and agreed on.  Then there are so many meetings over covers, flap copy, the press kit, marketing . . . a lot of professional people weigh in with their best opinions.  ARe they morons?  No!  Absolutely not.

I got another not just one but two emails from people who accused me of animal abuse for the fact that Beth in RTSI crated her dog.  They swore to never buy another one of my books!  I have never abused an animal in my life!  I don't even mash bugs, unless they are biting me.

So I guess what I am proposing here is a chat about criticism.  Anyone game?

Learn more about Bulls Island.

Discover all Dorothea Benton Frank titles.

Inspired Contributor
Purpyl
0 Kudos

Oh for heaven's sake! Obviously, the "big fat nut" doesn't understand the concept of reading for pleasure. She should stick to the Wall St. Journal.

You keep 'em coming, Dot!! I LOVE your books! Makes me want to MOVE to the lowcountry.

Cathy

So many books...

KathyS
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:

Stephanie and all, I have just this moment arrived in my hotel room in St. Louis.  This whole month has been a bit of a nightmare getting on line and traveling for book tour and if I had been in possession of all my wits I probably would have begged Stephanie to do this in August!  So first, let me apologize for my sporadic appearances in this chat.  I am thrilled to be here and to do this for what I think is our seventh year!

Second,  you all know that I am on book tour and what happens when I go out on tour is pretty crazy.  My volume of email picks up like crazy, I am working 14 hour days before I even get to dinner, I hate my clothes, it's a city a day, it's hot and I actually don't mind because at all these signings I get to meet lots of truly wonderful people. 

That said, there are always a few nuts.  I got an email the other day from a big fat nut who told me I was unqualified to write about financial markets, that I was so stupid people laughed at my writing, that it was a miracle I ever got published and this thing went on and on for so long I finally started laughing because it was completely insane. Did I ever leave SC and so forth?  Anyway, just stupid, stupid, stupid.  So, as a joke I sent it off to Josephine Humphrey, Patti Callahan Henry, Cassandra King, my editor, my agent and a few others with a header that said, "What do y'all think I should tell this very nice lady?"

After I read their responses, which ranged from "don't respond!" to "tell her to  . . ." to "She's dangerous!" I started thinking about all this ramped up unsolicited criticism we (authors) are enjoying on the Internet and in our personal email.  It is an issue, especially for new authors who get clobbered by complete strangers and wind up taking it personally.  It can be devastating.

Here's the thing about it that I keep thinking beyond the obvious that it's a bunch of meanspirited nonsense - it's just a book!  It's just a little story!  Most authors aren't pedophiles, murderers, drug dealers or anything except well intentioned men and women who want to tell you a story, who hope you'll be entertained and who hope that when you are finished with the book that you'll be satisfied by the experience.  We, and I think I can speak for many authors, understand that the literary merit of our work is always vulnerable for a good kicking session but we also don't quite appreciate or understand our work being eviscerated.  We have editors, copy editors, agents and others who all read the work and cut us up to shreds way way before it is published.  So when it is published, there is a sense of relief and pride that our publisher believes in us and that we have all delivered something worthy.  Gratuitous biopsies seem unfair to us. 

Why do people do this to authors?  Books are not like a steak that you send back to the chef because it's not quite grilled to your liking.  When it's in print, there it is.  Forever.  Authors can only write so many books in their career because life is finite.  So when I sit down and choose a subject, the plot, the themes -  it is all carefully chosen, proposed to my editor and agreed on.  Then there are so many meetings over covers, flap copy, the press kit, marketing . . . a lot of professional people weigh in with their best opinions.  Are they morons?  No!  Absolutely not.

I got another not just one but two emails from people who accused me of animal abuse for the fact that Beth in RTSI crated her dog.  They swore to never buy another one of my books!  I have never abused an animal in my life!  I don't even mash bugs, unless they are biting me.

So I guess what I am proposing here is a chat about criticism.  Anyone game?

Dot,

I've been remise in my welcoming you to this discussion.  A little late, but welcome, with my thanks to you for taking this time out of your [more than demanding] schedule to agree to come and talk about your book. 

This is almost a deja vu experience for me, in remembering the discussion we were once on that had me in tears. I made mistakes in my approach to you with one of your characters, and you dealt with me.  I had never wanted to hurt you with my being critical of one of your characters, in turn, seeming critical of you.  I saw how personal all of this was for you.

I wrote on that board how sorry I was, and you apologized as well, telling about your mood, and how hard it was to listen to people in emails and reviews, who were constantly critical.....these were basically idiots, the same idiots that still write to you, and criticize you for these ridiculous reasons they give you, as you write here......and after that time, I swore I would never write another negative thing about any author's characters, story, or their writing.

You are right, once a book is published, there is no turning back to rewrite anything.  It's done.  You have the experts, the professionals, to get your writing out there in the best way possible.

I've broken my promise, in this discussion - to myself, to Stephanie, and to you and those who may be reading these posts.  I entered my personal criticisms.  I broke my own rules.  I've cried more these past weeks than I have since the day you told me how you felt when you were criticized for these very same things. 

Dot, I don't know how to approach this subject with you, other than to apologize to you once again.  I said to Stephanie that I can't apologize for my feelings about this book, but I will apologize for expressing them.  Again, I'm sorry, to Stephanie as well.

In the essence of feelings, as a reader, we all have them to all degrees.  We all have our own personal expectations.  We all have desires of that reading that sometimes can't be expressed properly in words, but just as feelings.  I can't change any of this in what a writer has to say to me in their novels.  My own moods change from day to day, and my reading and interpretations of what I read can, and do, change with those moods. 

I've told you, Dot, how deeply I feel what is written.  I feel what others say about what I, myself, have written.  None of us are immune to people who are critical.  But the more it hurts, I think it says that there are places in our hearts that don't want to be touched in this way.  And it doesn't matter what other people have told you, in ignoring reviews, or derogatory remarks by readers, you are always going to take them into your self, and feel it as deeply personal.

So, what I've said about this new novel of yours, on this board, it's become purely a feeling I can't properly explain.  I enjoyed this story you told in Return....you are a wonderful storyteller.  But my expectations were set when you wrote Sullivans Island. I wanted its return to be the exact same feeling I had when you wrote that first book.  Remember, I wrote to you at that time?  It gave me a sense of place, of belonging.  These were your words I was feeling.  But, I wasn't feeling your words with its Return...  Dot, I can't blame you for writing in a voice you thought was right for this book, and for you.  My criticisms are not to be meant as personal, directed towards you, but are meant to simply reflect my own personal feelings about how I read.  We all have changed with the years, and there is no right or wrong in these feelings.

I seem to be going around in circles, so I'll stop.  I think, whatever choices you made in writing this story, they are your choices, they belong to you.  And you have to have faith in what you write.  You ultimately own it.  And if it feels right to you, then that's what counts.  I'm only one reader.  But, a reader who has always respected everything you've said to me.  I wish you every success in this new novel, and your tour, and all of the ones to come after.  I hope you know where my heart is.

Kathy

Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

Kathy S. Girlfriend?  I have the gorgeous conch shells you made for me on my shelf in my office and i look at them every single day and remember how lovely and generous you are.  That's all.  I love you to death.  You might be looking al little too deep here for satisfaction, I don't know.  But it's all okay.  You are more than entitled to an opinion.  Anybody who makes me conch shells is my sister forever.  No lie.  I say we settle this someday in the Lowcountry over a platter of shrimp and grits!  xxx

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Dot,

I think your big fat nut (great moniker, I could not stop laughing!) is probably just jealous - tried to write and get published, couldn't do it, so is spewing venom at all authors she deems herself better than... pure poison and you must blow that out of your mind.  Don't think for a minute that what she said was at all about you, she's fueling her own self-hatred, and spurring on to the day when she'll reside in a rubber room.

I find that I like to pick and poke at characters, because the human creature does so many inexplicable things, and novels have a tendency to amplify those things and give reasons ... we can learn about life from novels, and understand people through characters without having to twist and turn inside out any real people (who might take real offense!). 

And your point is well made -- it is, after all, just a story, a bit of entertainment or possibly enlightenment, a great escape into someone else's world, their problems, their foibles, and we know we're not alone.  I discovered long ago that my favorite thing about reading is being inside someone else's mind, mine is too crazy to stay there all the time!

Stephanie
KathyS
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:
Kathy S. Girlfriend?  I have the gorgeous conch shells you made for me on my shelf in my office and i look at them every single day and remember how lovely and generous you are.  That's all.  I love you to death.  You might be looking al little too deep here for satisfaction, I don't know.  But it's all okay.  You are more than entitled to an opinion.  Anybody who makes me conch shells is my sister forever.  No lie.  I say we settle this someday in the Lowcountry over a platter of shrimp and grits!  xxx

Dot, you're too funny! Thank you for thinking of me, I love you too.... and I've now made so many shells, I'm known as "the lady who makes shells"  Duh, that's original!

I'm always looking for something when I read, it's just me, and it always takes me two pages of my own boring rhetoric to figure it out.. and then I end up stepping on my overly critical tongue, and everyone else's feet, to get way beyond the point!  My mother always told me I was too serious....but I swear, I'm not always!!

I'd love to settle this over shrimp yes, grits no...french fries yes (with ketchup!)....and a beer!  I'll even make you another shell.... Name the day....but give me enough time to get some Valium for the flight! On second thought, it's hurricane season coming up....La Jolla is lovely this time of year! Ha!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well I finished the book, really good and I'm so glad I read Sullivans Island first, it really helped me to understand a lot of what went on in Return.

I was hoping Beth would fall for Woody from the minute I met him, he's a true hero and not many men could add up to his standard as far as I'm concerned.

Through the whole book I just kept shaking my head at Beth, but I guess you don't learn life lessons from making right decisions all the time the wisdom we get comes from learning from the hard things life teaches us, but some of hers were whoppers.

I think it's the father thing especially after someone mentioned how much he looked like Tom.

I was leery of Max from the get go and I especially got bad feelings when he tried to duck the camera I don't know if it's a good thing that she fell hard for him but it was definitely a good thing that his picture made it in the paper.

The whole situation has taught Beth how to handle troubling and hard situations and has made her mature very much. I'm glad that she's sticking with Woody and more that Woody is sticking with her, but we pretty much knew that she was "it" for him from the get go.

I'm also glad she's staying on Sullivans Island, maybe grad school will come at some later time.

I really liked the story and I have loved most of the characters through both books, it's a great coming of age story, a great family story and a great love story.

Thanks Dot and ps I wish I'd known you were making an appearance in St. Louis I would have loved to meet you in person. Well maybe next time.

Message Edited by dhaupt on 07-24-2009 09:51 AM
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Well I finished the book, really good and I'm so glad I read Sullivans Island first, it really helped me to understand a lot of what went on in Return.

I was hoping Beth would fall for Woody from the minute I met him, he's a true hero and not many men could add up to his standard as far as I'm concerned.

Through the whole book I just kept shaking my head at Beth, but I guess you don't learn life lessons from making right decisions all the time the wisdom we get comes from learning from the hard things life teaches us, but some of hers were whoppers.

I think it's the father thing especially after someone mentioned how much he looked like Tom.

I was leery of Max from the get go and I especially got bad feelings when he tried to duck the camera I don't know if it's a good thing that she fell hard for him but it was definitely a good thing that his picture made it in the paper.

The whole situation has taught Beth how to handle troubling and hard situations and has made her mature very much. I'm glad that she's sticking with Woody and more that Woody is sticking with her, but we pretty much knew that she was "it" for him from the get go.

I'm also glad she's staying on Sullivans Island, maybe grad school will come at some later time.

I really liked the story and I have loved most of the characters through both books, it's a great coming of age story, a great family story and a great love story.

Thanks Dot and ps I wish I'd known you were making an appearance in St. Louis I would have loved to meet you in person. Well maybe next time.

Message Edited by dhaupt on 07-24-2009 09:51 AM

Debbie - about St. Louis . . . there was no press - don't ask me why - so the only way you could've known was either checking out my tour schedule on my web site, Facebook or if you were on the mailing list of the St. Louis Library.  I had no idea there was no press. Seems silly, doesn't it?  FLy me the whole way to St. Louis and not tell anyone?  Yikes.  Anyway, it was lovely and Borders has some signed copies of RTSI.

I am so delighted with your take on the book.  THat is exactly what I wanted people to think about.  Hope you're having a great summer and thanks for your generous words.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Debbie,

If there's a 3rd book on Sullivan's Island and Beth wants to go to grad school she can always go online - you would not believe how many excellent universities (mine included) offer online master's degrees.  It is the future of education.  You can even go to HS online.

Stephanie
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:

Debbie,

If there's a 3rd book on Sullivan's Island and Beth wants to go to grad school she can always go online - you would not believe how many excellent universities (mine included) offer online master's degrees.  It is the future of education.  You can even go to HS online.

True, true.  And perhaps she will.  But remember!  Woody is from Iowa!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:

Stephanie wrote:

Debbie,

Oh Dot I hope that's a hint. I would love to re-visit the Island say in 5 or ten years and see just what all those hair brained lowcountrians are up to then.

Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

dotfrank wrote:

Stephanie wrote:

Debbie,

Oh Dot I hope that's a hint. I would love to re-visit the Island say in 5 or ten years and see just what all those hair brained lowcountrians are up to then.

Debbie - in 10 years I could be in a rubber room - best to make it sooner than later!  Ha!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:

Debbie - in 10 years I could be in a rubber room - best to make it sooner than later!  Ha!

Dot, rubber room, not likely. But I meant revisiting in Island time of 5 or 10 years in the future not in real time because likely I'll be the one in the rubber room then.:smileyvery-happy: