Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Re: Return to Sullivan's Island - Ch 13-Epilogue

Dot,

Yes, Woody is from Iowa.  But that needs to be temporary.  Let me just say that I have some experience (2nd hand) in this arena... and East Coast girls should not try to transplant themselves to Iowa.  For a time, sure, but then they need to go back home. 

Just my unsolicited two cents.  :smileyhappy:

Stephanie
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Why is that Stephanie, is it the call of the water, the temperament of the people, or what?
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Debbie,

I think it's a combination of things, but you're right, coastal people do need the water.   Acclimation is easier when you're quite young, too, so if Beth is going, she ought to go soon.

Stephanie
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:

Debbie,

I think it's a combination of things, but you're right, coastal people do need the water.   Acclimation is easier when you're quite young, too, so if Beth is going, she ought to go soon.

Ah!  My friends!  You are both right, of course.  Geechee Girls belong on the Lowcountry coast.  And while she may spend a limited period of time in Iowa, even Woody will want to Return to Sullivans Island!  Stephanie - this has been lots of fun, as always!  And to everyone else, have a great summer and thanks for stopping by.  You can always find me at dot@dotfrank.com!  Lots of love, Dot

Learn more about Bulls Island.

Discover all Dorothea Benton Frank titles.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Thanks Dot for making this "book report" the most fun I've had in a long time. I love how you were supportive of us with your time and insights that we didn't have.

It's been a pleasure to discuss the book and just life in general with you.

See you on the web!

Deb 

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Dot,

As always, it's my pleasure to have you here with us.  I can't thank you enough- and I'm really looking forward to knowing what's in Beth's future.  I'll be checking your website to see when your next book is coming, and where you'll be. 

Stephanie