Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

Re: Currently Reading

Hi Debbie,

Just started reading this one to get in the Christmas spirit. After all, it is December now. So far I'm really enjoying it.   :smileyhappy:

Optic

The Body in the Sleigh (Faith Fairchild Series #18)

It's Christmastime, and the Fairchild family is spending the holidays on idyllic Sanpere Island in Maine while the Reverend Thomas Fairchild recuperates from surgery. His caterer wife, Faith, is rejoicing in the rare, holiday family-time together—watching ice boaters, snowshoeing, and doing plenty of reading in front of the fire.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

optic_i wrote:

Hi Debbie,

Just started reading this one to get in the Christmas spirit. After all, it is December now. So far I'm really enjoying it.   :smileyhappy:

Optic

The Body in the Sleigh (Faith Fairchild Series #18)

It's Christmastime, and the Fairchild family is spending the holidays on idyllic Sanpere Island in Maine while the Reverend Thomas Fairchild recuperates from surgery. His caterer wife, Faith, is rejoicing in the rare, holiday family-time together—watching ice boaters, snowshoeing, and doing plenty of reading in front of the fire.

Thanks for sharing optic, here's the one that's getting me in the spirit right now

A Christmas Wish  

Contributor
commutinggirl
0 Kudos

I just finished The DUFF 

I am about to start Die for Me 

I am a commuting reader and an aspiring writer...

If you´re curious, you can visit my blog :-) http://commutinggirl.wordpress.com/

I´m also on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/commutinggirl
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing your reading commutinggirl.

I finished 

Hidden Summit (Virgin River Series #15) 

Be sure and check out my review when it's posted, I'll let you know

And NOW for all of us that loved FIRST LOOK and still miss it like crazy, check this out. The authors of Three Seconds  has another novel coming out in English early next month. It's all that Three Seconds was and more. It's a multi-leveled and multi-national crime drama and fit for all of you adrenaline junkies who need more in your read. All I can say is WOW it's amazing and I'm not even half way through. Stay tuned for more updates on this one.

Cell 8   

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Re: Tell us what you're reading right now and what's next on your shelf

First like to say it's good to be back, school work kept me away but I am here now. Reading Alan Wake by Rick Burroughs, don't know what is next to be read yet though
Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:
First like to say it's good to be back, school work kept me away but I am here now. Reading Alan Wake by Rick Burroughs, don't know what is next to be read yet though

Stephanie, HI Welcome Back 

No kidding I was just about to email you
So glad to see you back
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

About to read God's war, by Kameron Hurley. I got it as a freebie a while back, so just now getting around to reading it. I'm bad about that I get caught by other books. And as for the next one uhh. How bout the one that catches my eye first.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
A change of mind. Looking through the freebies now for a read. Ahh. The Dook of Deacon, by Joseph Lallo. I admit the coverart sold me.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just finished

Cell 8  

watch for my review tomorrow and we'll be featuring this in January as a casual read and the US editor will be joining us I'm not sure how long yet but I'll keep everyone posted

I've just started

The Gilder  

very good so far

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

I just finished

Cell 8  

watch for my review tomorrow and we'll be featuring this in January as a casual read and the US editor will be joining us I'm not sure how long yet but I'll keep everyone posted

I've just started

The Gilder  

very good so far

I just preordered cell 8 for my nook

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

I just finished

Cell 8  

I've just started

The Gilder  

very good so far

great Stephanie, I hope you like it

dhaupt
0 Kudos

It's almost here the long awaited second novel translated into English by this amazing talented duo

Cell 8  

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/12/review-of-cell-8-by-roslund-and.html

Author
Zkullis
0 Kudos

The Last Werewolf  

I have been enjoying this book. Some of the writing grabs me and makes me think "wow", while I have to admit that I find myself skimming over parts of the main character's inner dialogue that show up on nearly every page. For the most part, I like the book. The next book on my shelf is  Liquid Fear by Scott Nicholson.

Smite the Damned. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Smite-The-Damned/Zack-Kullis/e/2940012784445 The sequel, Realm Crossing, to be released soon.
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

shadowcat80 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

I just finished

Cell 8  

I've just started

The Gilder  

very good so far

great Stephanie, I hope you like it

Read the summary on product page and said to myself it was something I usually read then I read your blog and that echoed the same thought, very excited for next month when it comes out now.

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12

Hi, ya'll!

I haven't been around for a while, but I thought I'd stop in and let you know what's up with my reading lately, if anyone cares.

I finished

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) which is absolutely fabulous, though all-consuming. I had to take a break, though and read something light and easy: 

The Penderwicks on Gardam Street which is a truly delightful book, appropriate for all ages, even for reading aloud to young children, if yours are so inclined. Now, I'm reading 

A Discovery of Witches and

A Study in Sherlock  . I hope you all are having a great holiday season and finding some time to enjoy a good book! I'm looking forward to Christmas with extra anticipation this year - I'm getting a nook! I can't wait!

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
dhaupt
0 Kudos

basson_mommy12 wrote:

Hi, ya'll!

I haven't been around for a while, but I thought I'd stop in and let you know what's up with my reading lately, if anyone cares.

I finished

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) which is absolutely fabulous, though all-consuming. I had to take a break, though and read something light and easy: 

The Penderwicks on Gardam Street which is a truly delightful book, appropriate for all ages, even for reading aloud to young children, if yours are so inclined. Now, I'm reading 

A Discovery of Witches and

A Study in Sherlock  . I hope you all are having a great holiday season and finding some time to enjoy a good book! I'm looking forward to Christmas with extra anticipation this year - I'm getting a nook! I can't wait!

Hi basson, it's great to see you here.

I'm dying to know what you think of The Discovery of Witches, so full report when you've finished :smileyhappy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just read and reviewed as requested by Robyn's publicity company

Hidden Summit (Virgin River Series #15)  

There's a great thriller in this one too.

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/12/review-of-hidden-summit-by-robyn-carr.html

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1) 

I just finished this pre-pubbed YA first of a new trilogy about Trolls, yes Trolls

Immortal Rider (Lords of Deliverance Series #2)   

right now I've just started this one, OMG it's sooooo good.

Who doesn't love reading about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse right. 

I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1) 

I just finished this pre-pubbed YA first of a new trilogy about Trolls, yes Trolls

Immortal Rider (Lords of Deliverance Series #2)   

right now I've just started this one, OMG it's sooooo good.

Who doesn't love reading about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse right. 

I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday

I loved Amand Hocking's Tryelle Trilogy
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Trying to think what to read next..... The Hobbit, by J. R. R. Tolkien (yes I happen to have it but never read it) or To Try Men's Souls, by Newt Gingrich and William R. Forstchen. Hmmm. Both are books and I feel like I would betray my nook if I read one. Hmmm eather is next though......
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.