dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Weekend Reading

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

The Last Coyote (Harry Bosch Series #4)

Finally getting back to continuing the Bosch series...

Hi TarHeelGirl, I love Harry, he's the epitome of the lonely detective isn't he.

Have you read Michael's Lincoln Lawyer series? 

glad to see you. I don't know much about B-Ball just know that my bracket's been demolished by the "experts" :smileyhappy:

are your Tar Heels in it?

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Tell us what you're reading right now and what's next on your shelf

pjpick wrote:

Kosher Chinese  It's snowing outside and I'm looking for another read. Pulled this one out of my book case. I don't even remember buying it. LOL. Anyway, I'm about 50 pages in and am enjoying it so far.

Ok pj, you've got my attention with that title.

You have to let us know how that is :smileyhappy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This weekend I'm reading one for my July edition of RT magazine

Somewhere Between Luck and Trust  

plus trying to get my July issue started on because RT convention is in early May and that makes the deadline for the July issue a hard one and an early one.

and one from my June edition Shadow People  

So what's everyone reading this weekend

Oh by the way, Mother Nature decided to play hookey again, she'll be dumping a foot of snow on me by tomorrow night, thanks mom :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

Hi TarHeelGirl, I love Harry, he's the epitome of the lonely detective isn't he.

glad to see you. I don't know much about B-Ball just know that my bracket's been demolished by the "experts" :smileyhappy:

I actually started out with the Lincoln Lawyer series.  After that, I picked up a Bosch book or two and got hooked, so now I'm reading them in order.  It's taking awhile, since I usually read other books in between, but I'm up to number 4 and prettty soon I'll catch up to a couple I've already read.

Yes, the Tar Heels advanced and will play #1 Kansas tomorrow.  I think college basketball is so big here because there are so many NC teams in the ACC---UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake.  

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

pjpick wrote:

Kosher Chinese  It's snowing outside and I'm looking for another read. Pulled this one out of my book case. I don't even remember buying it. LOL. Anyway, I'm about 50 pages in and am enjoying it so far.

I do like to choose books that are "off the beaten path". Will let you know.  Do you enjoy memoirs?

dhaupt
0 Kudos

pjpick wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

pjpick wrote:

I do like to choose books that are "off the beaten path". Will let you know.  Do you enjoy memoirs?

Not usually pj, but I loved reading Eloisa Jame's Paris in Love, and Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks and a few others, I guess it all depends. So let us know

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

I actually started out with the Lincoln Lawyer series.  After that, I picked up a Bosch book or two and got hooked, so now I'm reading them in order.  It's taking awhile, since I usually read other books in between, but I'm up to number 4 and prettty soon I'll catch up to a couple I've already read.

Yes, the Tar Heels advanced and will play #1 Kansas tomorrow.  I think college basketball is so big here because there are so many NC teams in the ACC---UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake.  

thanks for the B-Ball facts TarHeelGirl

If you like both of Michael's series I think you'll like his stand a lones too, most of them have a cameo by one of his series characters and he's such a great writer.

New User
Dark1X
0 Kudos

This book, "The Evil Inside", sounds hellaciously delicious! Look forward to reading it myself. I invite you to check out my new "dark fiction" site @ www.daoodbrown.com--a sure, chilling read that will satisfy the ongoing itch for terror some of us have within...
"Dark Fiction"
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Correspondent
barry2B
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

thanks for the B-Ball facts TarHeelGirl

If you like both of Michael's series I think you'll like his stand a lones too, most of them have a cameo by one of his series characters and he's such a great writer.

Hey TarHeelGirl and Debbie! It has been a while since I've been on but that hasn't slowed down the reading much! TarHeelGirl and I must have the same thought processes or something. After I read "Sacred Treason" I also switched back to Harry Bosch. Here are my latest reads. Just started the Narrows today.

Sacred Treason

City of Bones (Harry Bosch Series #8) 

Lost Light (Harry Bosch Series #9) 

The Narrows (Harry Bosch Series #10)  

Distinguished Wordsmith
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

Hey TarHeelGirl and Debbie! It has been a while since I've been on but that hasn't slowed down the reading much! TarHeelGirl and I must have the same thought processes or something. After I read "Sacred Treason" I also switched back to Harry Bosch. Here are my latest reads. Just started the Narrows today.

Sacred Treason

I finished "The Last Coyote" and I'll probably soon start the next one.  I think "The Narrows" may be one I read a few years back.  Right now I'm playing catch-up.  It does sound like we have a very similar reading pattern!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

Sacred Treason

I finished "The Last Coyote" and I'll probably soon start the next one.  I think "The Narrows" may be one I read a few years back.  Right now I'm playing catch-up.  It does sound like we have a very similar reading pattern!

Hi Barry and TarHeelGirl

thanks for posting your reading choices.

I'm hoping to interview Michael sometime in the early fall so he can have time to answer the questions and I can post it in time for his December release of the newest of his Lincoln Lawyer novels.

to keep up with everything going on just click on my blog link and keep your fingers crossed.

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Still Life (Armand Gamache Series #1)  

A Study in Scarlet  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

So what's on everyone's reading plate for this weekend

I'm trying to beat my very hard deadline for the July Issue of RT magazine ( they have to put it to bed early in April to get ready for the HUGE convention the first week in May).

If anyone's in or near the Kansas City area this is something you don't want to miss.

here's info on registration etc...-https://www.rtconvention.com/register

So I'll be banging away trying to get all my reading done

But as soon as it's finished (alas not this weekend but soon) I'll be reading Julie Compton's newest release

KEEP NO SECRETS

Sorry Julie :smileysad:

you may remember her from when we read and discussed her last novel

Rescuing Olivia  

Also don't forget to check out the new B&N blogs - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/

And check out the Free Friday blog and get your free Nook book today - http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/The-NOOK-Blog/Free-Fridays-Storybound-by-Marissa-Burt-amp-Don...

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I'm reading another nonfiction book right now, Animal Wise.  It's an interesting look at how animals, even down to fish, have higher brain functions then we used to give them credit for.

Animal Wise  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

I'm reading another nonfiction book right now, Animal Wise.  It's an interesting look at how animals, even down to fish, have higher brain functions then we used to give them credit for.

Animal Wise  

Ryan it's interesting that you mentioned this. I was watching a NOVA PBS program this week about this very subject with plants. Imagine that

thanks for sharing

Wordsmith
Fozzie

The Forgotten Garden  

Excellent after 70 pages in....

Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Fozzie wrote:

The Forgotten Garden  

Thanks Laura, I really enjoyed it too.

Of course Kate was a part of the FirstLook discussion of her debut The House At Riverton which was so similar to Downton Abbey.

Thanks 

Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Fozzie wrote:

The Forgotten Garden  

Of course Kate was a part of the FirstLook discussion of her debut The House At Riverton which was so similar to Downton Abbey.

Thanks 

I didn't participate in that First Look, unfortunately.  I have since acquired a copy of The House at Riverton, but haven't gottn to it yet.  I didn't realize it was similar to Downton Abbey.  Maybe I'll want to check out Downton Abbey after reading it!

Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Fozzie wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Fozzie wrote:

The Forgotten Garden  

Thanks 

I didn't participate in that First Look, unfortunately.  I have since acquired a copy of The House at Riverton, but haven't gottn to it yet.  I didn't realize it was similar to Downton Abbey.  Maybe I'll want to check out Downton Abbey after reading it!

Laura, I'm sorry you missed that one I think you would have liked it.
When I say it's like Downton Abbey I mean it's a grand old estate that goes through WWI, it shows to great effect what happened to the different classes in England after the war.