Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

Re: Weekend Reading

krazyangel wrote:
Hello TarHeelGirl. Just want to ask if you are from NC? I am in Lexington NC and I am a TarHeel fan also. Hope you have a good weekend and good reads.

Yes, I picked the user name since I am from the Tarheel state, but I am also a UNC Tarheels fan as well.

Scribe
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

I am finally getting around to one of Michael Connelly's stand-alone books.  I'm just getting started, so I'm not real sure what I think of Cassie Black yet. 

Void Moon  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

I am finally getting around to one of Michael Connelly's stand-alone books.  I'm just getting started, so I'm not real sure what I think of Cassie Black yet. 

Void Moon  

Hi TarHeelGirl. I love Michael's writing I adore both Harry and Mikey and I really enjoyed his stand alones too.

Let us know what you think

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Well it's Friday again and time to let us in on your Weekend reading plans

This weekend will be extremely busy and not much reading will be going on

My Niece gets married on Saturday (don't have any idea how she got old enough to marry LOL )

And Sunday my daughter moves into her new house so busy busy.

but in between these events I will be reading

18241997.jpg

Something More Than Night  

and if I have time I'll be starting on my January reviews for RT magazine

so what's on your reading plates this weekend?

Scribe
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

Void Moon  

Hi TarHeelGirl. I love Michael's writing I adore both Harry and Mikey and I really enjoyed his stand alones too.

I finished this book and I really enjoyed it.  I noticed it received somewhat mixed reviews, but I think a lot of people expected another Bosch book.  I admit that a book written from the criminal's point of view is not what we might expect from a typical thriller, but that uniqueness is what I enjoyed about the book.  I just hope Michael Connelly brings Cassie Black back.  I want to find out if she is walking the straight and narrow!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

Void Moon  

I finished this book and I really enjoyed it.  I noticed it received somewhat mixed reviews, but I think a lot of people expected another Bosch book.  I admit that a book written from the criminal's point of view is not what we might expect from a typical thriller, but that uniqueness is what I enjoyed about the book.  I just hope Michael Connelly brings Cassie Black back.  I want to find out if she is walking the straight and narrow!

Thanks TarHeelGirl, glad you enjoyed it.

you know I'm a big Connelly Fan

dhaupt
0 Kudos

ah it's time once again to tell us what's on your weekend reading plate

here's mine- These are both January releases that I'm reviewing for RT

Something More Than Night  

Return to Tradd Street  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Okay it's time to tell us what's on your weekend reading plate

I hope to put a big dent in my January 14 Harlequin Special Edition reviews and then dig into

A Man of His Own  

regulars will remember Susan from when she was our featured author when we read her last novel

The Dog Who Danced  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

What's every one reading this weekend? 

I just finished 

Abyss  

here's my review

The world has gone through cataclysmic changes since Tupperman voluntarily gave up his wings to aid mankind. He and his fallen angel brethren have sacrificed much to save the humans and have received many blessings in return. Four years ago when society came out of the darkness, Tupperman once again chose to stay on earth to help the progress of this new world order and convinced many more to shed their wings to help.
Now he sits on a train bound for New Mexico a fugitive for crimes he didn’t commit journeying to what maybe his last mission when an intriguing woman sits down next to him with a proposition.
Kara’s mission to see the Oracle about fulfilling her people’s prophecy has failed, she’s been literally tossed out on her bottom by the angels who refused to grant her an audience. So she’s boarded the train back home to New Mexico a failure in one mission but as she sits next to a handsome man with the purest green eyes she realizes she may just be able to fulfill another.

Clair Delacroix’s finale to her urban fantasy romance series is fantastic, she’ll take readers down terrifying dark alleys, wide open spaces and fill the air with angelic voices with her always fluent, sometimes frightening and visual narrative. Her selfless hero and determined heroine are perfect for each other and are perfectly portrayed as they dodge bad guys and fall in love. She’ll catch readers up on her co-stars past happenings as she weaves the intricate web of her current Angel tale.
Novels are best read in order for maximum understanding and enjoyment.
Claire you’ve taken me to turret towers, dragons lairs, from the Middle Ages to the present and into the future and you can be sure that wherever you’re bound next my bags are packed. Brava!

And I'm just starting on a book for LibraryJournal review

The Collector of Dying Breaths  

And just finished my RT review of 

Random Acts of Kindness  

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Re: Tell us what you're reading right now and what's next on your shelf

Along came a spider by James Patterson
Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Scribe
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

Just finished this one....

Think I may start this one next. It was this past week's Free Friday book.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

Just finished this one....

Think I may start this one next. It was this past week's Free Friday book.

Hi TarHeelGirl, Great to e-see a friendly avatar :smileyhappy:

Thanks for sharing!!!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just finished and review Abyss by Claire Delacroix

Abyss  

here's the link to my blog review

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2014/03/review-abyss-by-claire-delacroix.html

pen21

I have recently read WInter People by Jennifer McMahon and it was great. McMahon keeps getting better and better.

I have also been working my way through Mo Hayder's Jack Caffery series and just finished book 4 in the series. Hayder writes a dark mystery/thriller that really gets you involved with the characters.

Reading Red Rising by Pierce Brown, the first in a scifi trilogy. I am really liking Brown.

The Winter People  

Skin (Jack Caffery Series #4)  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

I have recently read WInter People by Jennifer McMahon and it was great. McMahon keeps getting better and better.

I have also been working my way through Mo Hayder's Jack Caffery series and just finished book 4 in the series. Hayder writes a dark mystery/thriller that really gets you involved with the characters.

Reading Red Rising by Pierce Brown, the first in a scifi trilogy. I am really liking Brown.

The Winter People  

pen21
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

pen21 wrote:

The Winter People  

Hi, Thought I would stop in and see what people are reading.

I am trying to catch up on some authors and try a new author with Red Rising.

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

The Son  I was in Houston for a wedding and found myself with a bit of a wait for the plane so I decided to check out the bookstore. I thought, "Well, if I'm in TX might as well get the full experience" so I picked up this one. It's three POV story of TX a TX powerhouse family (and not a very complimentary one, at that).  I'm a little over halfway through. It bogged down in the middle somewhat but is beginning to pick up again.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

pjpick wrote:

The Son  I was in Houston for a wedding and found myself with a bit of a wait for the plane so I decided to check out the bookstore. I thought, "Well, if I'm in TX might as well get the full experience" so I picked up this one. It's three POV story of TX a TX powerhouse family (and not a very complimentary one, at that).  I'm a little over halfway through. It bogged down in the middle somewhat but is beginning to pick up again.

OMG is this old home week or what HI PJ :smileywink: Waving

good to hear it's just picked up

I just finished and turned in my review for LJ

The Collector of Dying Breaths  

I can't say too much about it except that I LOVED it :smileyhappy:

Now I'm just about to finish my series romance reviews for RT and I'll be reading this weekend

Prince of Fools  

A Long Time Gone  

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

(Waving back). Hello! Haven't been reading much lately but I just had to touch base.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I'm so glad you did It's great to e-see an old friend )