Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Tell us what you're reading right now and what's next on your shelf

Right now I'm finishing

Celebrity in Death (In Death Series #34)  due out in February

and all my RT review books came in together so I guess I'll be a reading maniac trying to get them all done by deadline and to top it all off Library Journal decided I didn't have enough to read so they sent me

Catch Me (Detective D. D. Warren Series #6)  

coming out in February also, but I can never turn down a Lisa Gardner novel, she is the best thriller writer out there in my opinion.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

I've been reading a variety. I hope to fit in Cell 8 in January. Three Seconds was such a good book.

So here are my latest reads.

Smokin' Seventeen (Stephanie Plum Series #17) 

Shock Wave (Virgil Flowers Series #5) 

11/22/63    

dhaupt
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

I've been reading a variety. I hope to fit in Cell 8 in January. Three Seconds was such a good book.

11/22/63    

Hi Pen, thanks for sharing. I hope to see you on the board in January for Cell 8, It was fabulous, I'm still working out the details for the editor's visit during the month.

Tell us how you liked the new King, I've been debating about that one, I'm not a usual fan of his but this one looks good.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

pen21 wrote:

11/22/63    

Hi Pen, thanks for sharing. I hope to see you on the board in January for Cell 8, It was fabulous, I'm still working out the details for the editor's visit during the month.

Tell us how you liked the new King, I've been debating about that one, I'm not a usual fan of his but this one looks good.

I am a Stephen King fan and I did love the book. It was slow in the middle for me, not sure why, maybe my mood. But the book is about an event that occurred when I was young and that event has really stuck with people of my generation. I think King did a good job with the time travel and what the world was like back then in comparison to now. Kennedy's death isn't the only path Jake Epping takes, Jake becomes involved in the time travel and butterfly effect of time travel. I would recommend. It is a long read, just to warn you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

pen21 wrote:

11/22/63    

I am a Stephen King fan and I did love the book. It was slow in the middle for me, not sure why, maybe my mood. But the book is about an event that occurred when I was young and that event has really stuck with people of my generation. I think King did a good job with the time travel and what the world was like back then in comparison to now. Kennedy's death isn't the only path Jake Epping takes, Jake becomes involved in the time travel and butterfly effect of time travel. I would recommend. It is a long read, just to warn you.

Thanks Pen, I'm definitely putting it on my list, you know long doesn't worry me :smileyhappy:

I can still remember being in sixth grade and all of us collecting in the hall to watch the TV of the procession, I think we were either off half day or all day on the actual day of the funeral. And it is one of the most memorable occurances of my youth.

Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie & Penn,

I didn't know the new JFK book by Stephen King, was about time travel. I really like time travel books. Thanks for the info, I may have missed this one otherwise.  :smileyhappy:   Optic

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Wait Stephen King and time travel? Interesting...
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Unless I get a book that I've really been wanting (like: The Hunger Games) I'm getting ready to start "Transfer of Power" by, Vince Flynn. PS: Have any of you read the true story of "K2 The Savage Mountain ", by Charles S, M. D., and Robert H. Bates? I like that book I like survival storys.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
Unless I get a book that I've really been wanting (like: The Hunger Games) I'm getting ready to start "Transfer of Power" by, Vince Flynn. PS: Have any of you read the true story of "K2 The Savage Mountain ", by Charles S, M. D., and Robert H. Bates? I like that book I like survival storys.

I haven't read that Holly, but it does sound interesting.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Its very interesting K2. It read like a jornal if I remember right its been some time since I read it. Well I haven't started any books just in case but since I got gift cards I guess I can start my book now. But I would recomend K2 for thoses that like that stuff.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Correspondent
barry2B
0 Kudos

Holly,

I loved the Vince Flynn books! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I received several B&N gift cards, now I just need to decide what I want. I read mostly on my 1st gen Nook and I have 7 books on there already I need to work through.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

Reader 2
Violet-Ivy
0 Kudos

Good morning, All~

One of the best things that I did this last year was participate in my local B&N Fiction Book Club.  We meet once a month and discuss the book selection that we all read.  What I really like about joining this group is that it really opened me up to books that I may not have read on my own.  I know that subscribing to the B&N Book Clubs will add to my future reading pleasure.

Currently, I am reading "The Lantern" by Deborah Lawrenson.  I just started reading and must tell you, it is hard to put down. 

I will keep you posted!

Have a great day!

Violet-Ivy

Violet-Ivy
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Cool! This will be my first Vince Flynn book. I love my Nook 1. The 3G is awesome it lets me post haha. I will never trade it in and hopefuly it never breaks!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

Hi GS,

My favorite survival book so far has been Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston.    :smileyhappy:

Optic

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

By Aron Ralston

Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
Cool! This will be my first Vince Flynn book. I love my Nook 1. The 3G is awesome it lets me post haha. I will never trade it in and hopefuly it never breaks!

Hi Holly & Barry2B,

I also have an N1 Nook with Wi -Fi only, the 3 G's are very special . I will use mine till it stops working  it was my Christmas present last year. But I still use it everyday and it works great!  :smileyhappy:   Optic

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Yeah the only thing about the 3G is I can't give out kudos. Or use the tool bar. :smileysad: Hey Optic that book is on my wish list! I seen his story on TV soon after he survived and been facinated. Man I know he had to but breaking your arm eek! I'll have to get it.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Violet-Ivy wrote:

Good morning, All~

One of the best things that I did this last year was participate in my local B&N Fiction Book Club.  We meet once a month and discuss the book selection that we all read.  What I really like about joining this group is that it really opened me up to books that I may not have read on my own.  I know that subscribing to the B&N Book Clubs will add to my future reading pleasure.

Currently, I am reading "The Lantern" by Deborah Lawrenson.  I just started reading and must tell you, it is hard to put down. 

I will keep you posted!

Have a great day!

Violet-Ivy

Hi Violet-Ivy

that's really great that your local B&N has a book club and I'm glad you're joining this one too.

I have The Lantern in my pile, let us know you felt when you finish.

Happy New Year

Author
Zkullis
0 Kudos

Ravenous  I am currently reading Ravenous, by Ray Garton.  I have really enjoyed it so far.  It has been tough to put down.  Ray weaves a tapestry of despicable ugliness with some of the book's characters that I have found myself wishing I could jump in the novel (as a were, of course) and rip them to shreds.

Good stuff! 

Smite the Damned. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Smite-The-Damned/Zack-Kullis/e/2940012784445 The sequel, Realm Crossing, to be released soon.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Zkullis wrote:

Ravenous  I am currently reading Ravenous, by Ray Garton.  I have really enjoyed it so far.  It has been tough to put down.  Ray weaves a tapestry of despicable ugliness with some of the book's characters that I have found myself wishing I could jump in the novel (as a were, of course) and rip them to shreds.

Good stuff! 

Ah Zack, but what an addiction to have right :smileyhappy:

I am really interested in knowing what you think of Prince Of Thorns, I'm sure you saw that PGA listed it 5th on his best fantasies of the year and it was my best of best this year.

I hope you have a great New Year,

how's your book doing by the way.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I'm still knee deep in review trying to get done by deadline, enjoy the holidays, work and oh yeah sleep too.

I just started the last of my required review reads for RT, it's hard to put down and I know fantasy fans will eat it up

Fated  

look for my review in the March edition of RT magazine