Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

Re: Weekend Reading

Fozzie wrote:

The Forgotten Garden  

Excellent after 70 pages in....

You are so right!  I downloaded this one this weekend for half-price and I am hooked!  

Also, a question for Debbie.....I notice "The Winter Witch" is also on sale this weekend.  Is it going to be one of the monthly features?

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

Fozzie wrote:

The Forgotten Garden  

You are so right!  I downloaded this one this weekend for half-price and I am hooked!  

Also, a question for Debbie.....I notice "The Winter Witch" is also on sale this weekend.  Is it going to be one of the monthly features?

I'm still planning it for December TarHeelGirl, there may be some minor changes. If you stay tuned to when I advertise my May feature it may answer some questions.

but it was a fabulous novel :smileyhappy:

Scribe
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

Fozzie wrote:

The Forgotten Garden  

I'm still planning it for December TarHeelGirl, there may be some minor changes. If you stay tuned to when I advertise my May feature it may answer some questions.

I read your review and I just downloaded it as one of my choices.  I had to limit myself during this sale and it was hard!

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Can't quite get into the memoir I've been reading so I'm choosing fiction--lots and lots of fiction! This is the current one:

The River of No Return 

It's not my normal type of read. Hopefully taking myself out of the box will pay off!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

Fozzie wrote:

The Forgotten Garden  

I read your review and I just downloaded it as one of my choices.  I had to limit myself during this sale and it was hard!

I hope you enjoy it and really December's far enough away to be able to re-read it then too :smileyhappy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

pjpick wrote:

Can't quite get into the memoir I've been reading so I'm choosing fiction--lots and lots of fiction! This is the current one:

The River of No Return 

It's not my normal type of read. Hopefully taking myself out of the box will pay off!

I've heard of this one. let me know what you think :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I just finished the book, and I loved it.  It never talked over your head, and made all the information very easy to understand.  It was very entertaining and informative.

dhaupt wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

I'm reading another nonfiction book right now, Animal Wise.  It's an interesting look at how animals, even down to fish, have higher brain functions then we used to give them credit for.

Animal Wise  

Ryan it's interesting that you mentioned this. I was watching a NOVA PBS program this week about this very subject with plants. Imagine that

thanks for sharing

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I still haven't had time to go to the store and get this one yet.  I need to hurry my butt up.

Fozzie wrote:

The Forgotten Garden  

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Just getting started on this one.

The Bedlam Detective  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Tell us what you're reading right now and what's next on your shelf

[ Edited ]

Oh Ryan, you should see my tbr pile, it has it's own zip code  :smileyhappy:

But as soon as I put the July RT magazine to bed I've been promising two authors a read

first- this is a sequel to her fabulous Tell No Lies  

And then last but never least this latest in Claire's great fantasy series

Sorry Ladies :smileysad:

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Re: Tell us what you're reading right now and what's next on your shelf

A Study in Revenge  

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

Re: Tell us what you're reading..

[ Edited ]

dhaupt wrote:

pjpick wrote:

The River of No Return 

I've heard of this one. let me know what you think :smileyhappy:

I've read about halfway through it and found myself starting to skim way too much. It started to lose it's uniqueness as a time travel book and started to go the route of a bodice ripper--nothing wrong with that but not what I want to read right now. Taking a break from it and have read two books since and still don't have the urgency to get back to it.

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

Re: Tell us what you're reading...

[ Edited ]

Defending Jacob 

Read this one for my face to face book club. Though mystery/thrillers aren't one of my favorite genre's to read I whipped through this one pretty quickly. The author sure tapped into my emotions and took some interesting tactics.  It's one of those books that is hard to "like" because of the subject matter but is so hard to put down. I'd definitely read another of Landay's.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Tell us what you're reading...

pjpick wrote:

Defending Jacob 

Read this one for my face to face book club. Though mystery/thrillers aren't one of my favorite genre's to read I whipped through this one pretty quickly. The author sure tapped into my emotions and took some interesting tactics.  It's one of those books that is hard to "like" because of the subject matter but is so hard to put down. I'd definitely read another of Landay's.

Thanks for sharing pj

here's what my in-person is reading for May it's also non-fiction

But I also have a great fiction going in May for all my on-line friends. check out my blog posts and I've advertised it here too.

Born to Run  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

So what's on everyone's reading plate this weekend

I finally put my reviews to bed and am reading for fun YAY

so the first fun read I did was from one of my featured authors from last year Julie Compton who was our guest when we read her book Rescuing Olivia  . Well she just released a sequel to her legal thriller Tell No Lies   titled

KEEP NO SECRETS  . Oh wow is it good

And now I'm finally reading

Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #11)   by JR Ward really good

don't forget to stop by my blog I've got some incredible author interviews scheduled my hero Michael Connelly is one of them in early May as he chats with me about his writing and his characters. His last Harry Bosch

The Black Box (Harry Bosch Series #18)   just came out in pb and he's got another Lincoln Lawyer coming out in early December.

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Recently read three horror novels, starting on a fantasy book, and a nonfiction book.

Darkness, Tell Us  

Dead Sea  

Nailed by the Heart  

Queen of Sorcery (Belgariad Series #2)  

Frozen in Time  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

Recently read three horror novels, starting on a fantasy book, and a nonfiction book.

Darkness, Tell Us  

Dead Sea  

Nailed by the Heart  

Queen of Sorcery (Belgariad Series #2)  

Frozen in Time  

Wow Ryan, are you sleeping with the lights on :smileyhappy:

or are you like me and reading horror doesn't bother you as much as watching it?

Some great titles there 

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I'm fine watching or reading it, the only one I loved though was the Brian Keene book, which suprised me.  I tried another of his books a few years ago and that it was horrible.  In theory, I love horror fiction, but rarely like it in practice.  They seem so cliche all the time, much like the Richard Laymon book.  I didn't like or really dislike it, it was take a ouija board, add in some backwoods inscetous hillbilles, and stir.  Been there done that.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

It's Friday let's do the Happy Dance

What's on your reading plate this weekend

I'm starting on my August reviews and I'm

going to read a July release that I'm interviewing the author

Chose the Wrong Guy, Gave Him the Wrong Finger  

Scribe
TarHeelGirl00