Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Thank You Kristina McMorris

[ Edited ]

Kristina, thank you so much for you generous, gracious participation this month.

You made this so much more real to me.

imgres-1.jpeg

And I found this and thought I would share it for any of you in the New Orleans area 

http://www.nationalww2museum.org/visit/exhibits/congressional-gold-medal.html

url.jpeg

Wordsmith
elaine_hf

Re: Thank You Kristina McMorris

Kristina,

I would like to echo the thanks from Deb. Your book made this part of history come to life for me, and I enjoyed it beyond my expectations. I don't often pick up books in the historical fiction genre, but you've definitely opened my eyes. Deb is great at picking books outside of my normal 'comfort selection', and this was no exception. Thank you!!

Elaine

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
Author
Kristina_McMorris
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Kristina, thank you so much for you generous, gracious participation this month.

And I found this and thought I would share it for any of you in the New Orleans area 

Again, thank YOU for allowing me to participate. It's been such a pleasure following the discussion throughout the month. Everyone's comments were so thoughtful and touching! I only wish I could have been quicker to reply. (With just eight weeks left until my next deadline, "quick" currently desribes nothing in my life but typing. And even that is probably slowing down. LOL.)

Deb, thanks, too, for posting the info about the Congressional Gold Medal. I was honored to be a guest at the ceremony/banquet in Portland, OR last November. It was such a joy to FINALLY see these humble heroes receive the overdue acknowledgment they deserve. The Navajo Code Talkers and Tuskegee Airmen (one of whom I had the pleasure to meet at the banquet) were already recipients of the medal, and I believe the Nisei addition completed that circle. Of course, as I mentioned earlier, if you asked any of them about their service, they would simply say: "I was just doing my job, serving my country like everyone else."

If only "everyone else" today were more like them. Yes?? 

Author
Kristina_McMorris
0 Kudos

elaine_hf wrote:

Kristina,

I would like to echo the thanks from Deb. Your book made this part of history come to life for me, and I enjoyed it beyond my expectations. I don't often pick up books in the historical fiction genre, but you've definitely opened my eyes. Deb is great at picking books outside of my normal 'comfort selection', and this was no exception. Thank you!!

Elaine

That makes me so happy, Elaine! Thank you for your sweet comments, both here and on the last thread. It truly means a lot to me -- not only that you enjoyed the story, but that I was able to share part of history with you, a part I firmly believe should never be forgotten. And it won't be if people like you continue to read and talk about it. So thank you!!! 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Kristina_McMorris wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Again, thank YOU for allowing me to participate. It's been such a pleasure following the discussion throughout the month. Everyone's comments were so thoughtful and touching! I only wish I could have been quicker to reply. (With just eight weeks left until my next deadline, "quick" currently desribes nothing in my life but typing. And even that is probably slowing down. LOL.)

Deb, thanks, too, for posting the info about the Congressional Gold Medal. I was honored to be a guest at the ceremony/banquet in Portland, OR last November. It was such a joy to FINALLY see these humble heroes receive the overdue acknowledgment they deserve. The Navajo Code Talkers and Tuskegee Airmen (one of whom I had the pleasure to meet at the banquet) were already recipients of the medal, and I believe the Nisei addition completed that circle. Of course, as I mentioned earlier, if you asked any of them about their service, they would simply say: "I was just doing my job, serving my country like everyone else."

If only "everyone else" today were more like them. Yes?? 

Kristina, what a terrible hostess I am, I forgot that you were on deadline. Blame it on old age.

Now I'm even more thankful for your tending to us. 

Wordsmith
Fozzie

Thank you so much for spending time with us, Kristina.  I learned so much from your book, and had fun doing it!  

And, by the way, I thought you responded to everyone quickly and with great insight and enthusiasm!

Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh

[ Edited ]

Kristina, thank you so much for taking the time to chat with us this month. I loved your book and being able to hear your thoughts made it even more special to me. It was a wonderful conversation between everyone and I was able to learn so much from your comments. I'm looking forward to reading more from you. Thanks!

April
Author
Kristina_McMorris
0 Kudos

aprilh wrote:

Kristina, thank you so much for taking the time to chat with us this month. I loved your book and being able to hear your thoughts made it even more special to me. It was a wonderful conversation between everyone and I was able to learn so much from your comments. I'm looking forward to reading more from you. Thanks!

Thanks so much for the kind words, April and Laura! I thoroughly enjoyed our discussion. And again, thanks for having me, Deb! Happy reading!