Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

The Atria Mystery Bus Tour

Be sure and follow the Atria Mystery Bus Tour schedule they're traveling for 8 days

here is their website to see who's on board and where they're going, if they're going to be near you be sure and go see them

http://mysterybustour.tumblr.com/

follow them on twitter - @mysteryBusTour

here's a pic of the bus

dhaupt
0 Kudos
dhaupt
0 Kudos
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: The Atria Mystery Bus Tour-updates

Well I attended the event last night and wow what a treat to have not one or two but four best selling authors in one room from all over the world, MJ and Kent from here in the US and Lisa from Sweden and John a good ole Irish lad.

they were great, i'll be posting pics and links on Monday, too slow a connection here at home. :smileysad:

stay tuned

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Well here's the pics I promised you

Here's the bus and the author's plus the gift the author's gave to the drivers

It was a lot of fun and I was very impressed by the authors but not so much by the attendance at the event.

GEDC0211.JPG
GEDC0212.JPG
GEDC0213.JPG
dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
GEDC0217.JPG
GEDC0216.JPG
dhaupt
0 Kudos

GEDC0214.JPG
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Thanks Debbie! I enjoyed your pictures and videos. I would definitely like to attend one of these events, if they held one in my area. I'll have to check the websites of book stores in my area to see what authors are visiting. I don't do that on a regular basis but it might be a good idea!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
dhaupt
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

Thanks Debbie! I enjoyed your pictures and videos. I would definitely like to attend one of these events, if they held one in my area. I'll have to check the websites of book stores in my area to see what authors are visiting. I don't do that on a regular basis but it might be a good idea!

You're very welcome Eadie, I never did that either and I'm glad I do now because I would miss things.

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

Debbie, thank you for posting the pictures from the Atria bus tour...it is sad that the turnout wasn't better. It sounds like a terrific event, and the authors are my faves. I checked ahead of time to see if the bus tour was coming my way and alas, it wasn't. (I live in the wilds of Delaware). I'm a big fan of MJ Rose and would have loved to have talked to her about the Memorist, the Reincarnationist, etc. What an opportunity to have four great authors in one place. I am amazed that more people didn't jump on it!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

mary_kennedy wrote:

Debbie, thank you for posting the pictures from the Atria bus tour...it is sad that the turnout wasn't better. It sounds like a terrific event, and the authors are my faves. I checked ahead of time to see if the bus tour was coming my way and alas, it wasn't. (I live in the wilds of Delaware). I'm a big fan of MJ Rose and would have loved to have talked to her about the Memorist, the Reincarnationist, etc. What an opportunity to have four great authors in one place. I am amazed that more people didn't jump on it!

Hi Mary thank you for visiting the board.

it was a very sad thing to behold for these talented authors

i did write a blog article about it too.

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-book-signing-event-is-like-wake.html