Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

The Nook feature to do it or not to do it

[ Edited ]

That is the question.

There has been little interest in this feature the last several months so please voice your opinion.

I personally don't mind if there's only one or two participants so please don't hesitate to let me know what you think.

Thank you all for your great support of this forum in all and any of it's features. I tell you often how much you are appreciated and I really mean it.

If you would like to continue, please use this post to suggest the March Nook feature

Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Re: The Nook feature to do it or not to do it

I don't have a Nook, so I won't participate in this feature.

Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Scribe
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

I think the Nook feature is a really great idea and was looking forward to participating in January. However, it turned out that the winning selection was something I had already read and I hesitated to comment with any spoilers until others got the thread rolling. But unfortunately, that never happened. 

Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

Deb, 

I also think it's a great idea! But between the Fiction Forum, personal reading, work, volunteering to teach an ESL class, exercise and sleep, I don't know how much of a commitment I can make. I hate to say it, but if your selection for the Nook Feature coincides with one of my categories, I'm more than happy to participate. If not, I'll try my best to squeeze it in.

Elaine

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
Scribe
TarHeelGirl00
0 Kudos

Sacred Treason  Would today's Free Friday book be something anyone would be interested in for March?  If so, if you mention it on today's Nook blog, it might create some interest since the book is now free.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TarHeelGirl00 wrote:

Sacred Treason  Would today's Free Friday book be something anyone would be interested in for March?  If so, if you mention it on today's Nook blog, it might create some interest since the book is now free.

This one sounds like a great pick TarHeelGirl

Distinguished Wordsmith
BorderCollie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
No Impact Man  
by Colin Beavan
(not a free Nook book)

I think the Nook book discussion is a good idea, and this is my suggestion for a discussion book.  This book has been or will be used by several colleges as a common reading program for incoming students. 

I wonder if you might get more particpation if the discussion was under NOOK Book Discussion instead of Fiction General Discussion
dhaupt
0 Kudos

BorderCollie wrote:
No Impact Man  
by Colin Beavan
(not a free Nook book)

I think the Nook book discussion is a good idea, and this is my suggestion for a discussion book.  This book has been or will be used by several colleges as a common reading program for incoming students. 

I wonder if you might get more particpation if the discussion was under NOOK Book Discussion instead of Fiction General Discussion

Thanks BorderCollie, you may be right, but General Fiction is where I am so it's where the discussion has to be. I do try to advertise on the Nook Book Discussion forum.