Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

Re: The Other Woman- Week three

Hank_Phillippi_Ryan wrote:
This is SO fascinating! One of the things that just knocks me off my feet is readers who really care..who think about what they've read, and assess it, and think about what the author was going for.

Also--it's so exciting to think of someone going back and re-reading--there are lots of things that are clues and hints--but you might not notice them at the time .When you go back--you'll see how it was all set up, and all there.

Remember there was a seemingly throw-away line that said--oh,everyone and his brother knows about the campaign? Smiling. That turned out to be true.

And another that said something about people who get jobs in campaigns "because they're the candidate's daughter or something."
Also true!

You go right by those as you read--but they're there on purpose!

So interesting to hear your thoughts on this one, Hank! I always figured that words, in a book, were a precious commodity - no point in having any extra stuff on the page. So I try to treat every word as if it's there for a purpose. In this case, I don't think I've ever used as many highlights and bookmarks in my Nook! My brain can only remember so much at once any more...

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Cant wait to hear what you think...! And keep in mind: I have no outline when I'm writing, so I have no idea what's going to happen.
If you say--whoa, I didn't see that coming! My response is--yeah, I didn't either.

NOW PEEPS- Attention Please

as you know B&N.com does not allow for contests, but our wonderful Hank wanted a way to say thank you so if you go to her email  hryan@whdh.com, mention that you were a part of our featured read she will place you in a hat for a special drawing. The winner will be announced this Friday so don't delay.

Thanks for the notice, Deb. Just wanted to note that while I appreciate Hank's having a drawing, I won't be putting my name in the hat. I've already been to a book signing, where I got a signed book, signed copy of Mystery Scene mag. with Hank's picture on the cover, bookmarks, and The Other Woman Lipgloss which Hank was handing out at the signing. I can't think of anything else I need or want, so I've decided that by NOT putting my name in, it will increase the odds for Muse, April, eadie, or Elaine.(Sorry if I left anyone out!) Good luck, ladies, and don't forget to get your name in the hat before tomorrow!!!!!:catwink:

Fricka - I just caught this note - you didn't need to take yourself out of the drawing! Come on back in!!

Author
Hank_Phillippi_Ryan

I'm here! I'm here! Can you believe it? I got home last night at 3 am after covering the election--whoa. And I have been missing you all.

and HERE ARE THE WINNERS of the loot bags!

April Hampl
Elaine Froneberger

Please email me at hryan@whdh.com and tell me your address!

I'd also like to send a little gift to everyone who commented--send your address to the email above!

Love you all SO much--and than you for your time and enthusiasm and thoughtful discussion..it's been such a treat to be here.

xoxo and much love
Hank
Hank
http://www.HankPhillippiRyan.com
watch for THE OTHER WOMAN coming in 2012
Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

Hank, I'm so happy you survived the storm, covered the election, and now - wow! - I'm so tickled to have won one of your prizes! Thank you again for being a part of our group, your participation makes a huge difference. Please come back any time!! I'll get my mailing address off to you right away. Thanks again, Elaine
Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

Hank, you've made my day a whole lot better! I'm doing a happy dance right now, reading that I've won one of your prizes! I was so excited, I sent you an e-mail with my address the moment I found out! Thanks so much for discussing The Other Woman with us. It was wonderful getting to know you and I hope we'll see you on the forum again soon. Take care!

April
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

I'm here! I'm here! Can you believe it? I got home last night at 3 am after covering the election--whoa. And I have been missing you all.

and HERE ARE THE WINNERS of the loot bags!

April Hampl
Elaine Froneberger

Please email me at hryan@whdh.com and tell me your address!

I'd also like to send a little gift to everyone who commented--send your address to the email above!

Love you all SO much--and than you for your time and enthusiasm and thoughtful discussion..it's been such a treat to be here.

xoxo and much love
Hank

Congrats, April and Elaine!!! Hope to see you again when Hank's next "Jane Book," The Wrong Girl, comes out.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

Hank, thanks so much for the loot bag! I received it yesterday and dove right into reading one of the books you sent. What an awesome way to start out the week! I had a blast reading The Other Woman and being able to get to know you. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your next book to come out. Hope to see you again soon! Thanks again!:smileyhappy:

April
Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

Wendy called and let me know my goodie bag arrived yesterday.  She's shipping it to me in Santa Land.  I can hardly wait for it to arrive.  :-) .  Hank, you are the best!!!!  As always!

Muse

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
Wordsmith
elaine_hf

There was a little confusion about my mailing address, but I received my wonderful goody bag this week. And all I can say is.......THANKS!!! What a wonderful surprise! Thank you Hank, for your generosity and for your time. We all appreciate both!

Elaine