New User
tc50
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the General Fiction Forum - Introduce Yourself

Hi Debbie

My name is Cheryle (pen name tc50).  I am a retired Canadian, married to an American,  and living in Albuquerque NM.  I am new to blogs, discussion groups etc. so this is a new learning process for me for my ancient brain.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

tc50 wrote:

Hi Debbie

My name is Cheryle (pen name tc50).  I am a retired Canadian, married to an American,  and living in Albuquerque NM.  I am new to blogs, discussion groups etc. so this is a new learning process for me for my ancient brain.

Hi Cheryle, and Welcome

I think you will fit right in with us and it's not difficult at all to participate here.

If you like a regular book club here we feature a book a month, read it in sections and then discuss it, with the added adavntage of having the author join in, answer questions, comment on answers and just hang out with us. December is a by month, but starting in January we'll be discussing as a group

Joy for Beginners  

so if this sounds like something you would like I hope you'll consider joining in.

Even if you don't there are plenty of things to keep the reader in you satisfied.

I sure hope to see you on the board a lot and once again, Welcome :smileyhappy: it's good to have you here.

Contributor
ketadiablo
0 Kudos

Hi all and Reading Frenzy,

I'm new to these forums and trying to find my way around.

It's a little different than the Kindle forums.

I'm looking for a thread on Gay Fiction and a thread on Historical romance.

Can anyone post the links or help me?  Thanks so much, Keta Diablo

Keta Diablo, Erotic Romance and Gay Fiction Author
http://www.ketadiablo.com
dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ketadiablo wrote:

Hi all and Reading Frenzy,

I'm new to these forums and trying to find my way around.

It's a little different than the Kindle forums.

I'm looking for a thread on Gay Fiction and a thread on Historical romance.

Can anyone post the links or help me?  Thanks so much, Keta Diablo

Hi Keta, we don't have a specific board for Gay Fiction but you will find historical romance featured quite a bit on the Romance forum as the moderator there loves historical romance.

As far as Gay fiction, do you mean writen by or writen for Gays. I have read some fiction written by Gay, 

Black As Snow  comes to mind, Nick is quite active in the Gay/Lesbian movement but this particular novel was written for the mainstream audience.

on December 20 a week from tomorrow I will be highlighting the second in a series written by a Lesbian author but also for the mainstream audience 

Hell's Highway  

However both of these authors have written novels for Gay audiences also.

Also one of my very favorite romance authors Suzanne Brockman who has a Gay son not only includes Gays in her romance novels, she devoted one novel to the romance and marriage of her very prominent in her series Gay couple

All Through the Night (Troubleshooters Series #12)  

Suze is very active in the Gay movement and totally supports her son's choices. She also wrote and produced an off Broadway musical last year 

see the attached photo of the cast and here is a link about the production

http://offbroadway.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo_Flash_LOOKING_FOR_BILLY_HAINES_Opening_Night_2010...

I hope you find what you're looking for and please come back and visit us here at General Fiction

tn-500_bil8.jpg
Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Hi all new users, sorry I haven't been doing warm welcomes for awhile, college has been crazy, this is a wonderful message forum with a great hostess dhaupt who sets up guess authors each month which you get to discuss their book on the forum. The users are friendly and always ready for more to join the board. So welcome to the fiction general discussion
Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:
Hi all new users, sorry I haven't been doing warm welcomes for awhile, college has been crazy, this is a wonderful message forum with a great hostess dhaupt who sets up guess authors each month which you get to discuss their book on the forum. The users are friendly and always ready for more to join the board. So welcome to the fiction general discussion

Thanks Stephanie, I hope you'll soon be on Holiday break from school and can enjoy your time off.

You're sweet to say such nice things about the board.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi all - I'll be checking in periodically while Debbie's on vacation. Have a good week, and happy new year!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Glad ta have ya! :smileyhappy:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
Glad ta have ya! :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

New User
EMEM_GENESIS
0 Kudos

Hello All:

I'm EM.EM. Genesis. I'm an enterpreneur in real estate, fashion and non-profit as well as a Writer/Author. I enjoy travels, cooking, living life to the fullest.  I'm also a fighter for equal rights for every living soul. Please visit my websites at www.shoppernista.com; www.booksbyememgenesis.com and www.educatetheworldinc.org. Our Non-Profit corporation is currently fundraising and selling "Say NO to Hate" bracelets for $2 with free shipping. Please visit them at www.educatetheworldinc.org.  Your support is very much appreciated.

You can find my books here on Barnes and Noble, Amazon or on my website at www.booksbyememgenesis.com.

Titles by EM.EM.Genesis: Available as EBooks and Paperback

1) Words of Wisdom for Warriors and Stories of Encouragement

This is an inspirational and motivational book dedicated to all those life’s warriors who make a difference in other people’s lives daily. We are all warriors in life and we all need to be inspired from time to time.

A Warrior is not a victim! One who doesn’t give up!

One who turns failure into success!

One who despite life’s problems continues to persevere!

A Warrior is a mother, a father, a brother, a sister, an aunt, an uncle, a daughter, a son! 

A Warrior is YOU!

2) Tales from an American Soldier’s Diary

A story of Life, Wars, Mafia, Family, hope, betrayal, deployment, anger, forgiveness and Love!

Giovanni Giordano McDonnell served his country honorably but that did not stop those close to him from betraying him. On top of the betrayal he experienced, Giovani also lost his love, heart and may lose his life.  Life was about to throw darts at him. Will he dodge or perish?

3) Boarding School Secrets

A young girl’s accounts of Boarding School Secrets and what goes on behind closed doors.  Hanny Bieler is beautiful girl from a wealthy family in Hampstead, West London.

When Hanny was six years old, her parents decided to send her to Boarding School where she would live and get an education for the next nine years.  She experienced ups and downs of being trained in a boarding school away from the normalcy of family life.

Although, Boarders were supposed to be all prim and proper and well disciplined, Hanny knows this is far from the truth. Boarding School Secrets will enlighten the Reader about life behind closed doors in Boarding Schools.

4) Anania Goes To…

A book about a little girl’s world travels with her family

5) Travel Tips - Available for free on www.booksbyememgenesis.com

6)Tips on how to become a Self-Publisher

Hope to catch up with many of you here again!

EM.EM.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Welcome EM.EM, thank you for your information as well, well since Deb our CL is under the weather I thought I would take the opportunity to welcome you to the fiction general discussion. We are a friendly lot that always love new faces. Make yourself at home and have a wonderful day
Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Distinguished Correspondent
shygirltn37
0 Kudos

hi everyone my name is tabatha im a tomboy i like to read and i would like to make some friends

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Welcome all newbies. Hope you enjoy the Fiction board as much as I have. Their be friends here.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

shygirltn37 wrote:

hi everyone my name is tabatha im a tomboy i like to read and i would like to make some friends

Hi Tabatha and welcome to the forum.

We are all friends here and thank you GS for welcoming you are my ray of sunshine on this cloudy day.

Tell us what you like to read Tabatha.

Frequent Contributor
HoosierJoe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello.  I have owned a nook about 6 months now.  Really enjoy it.  Already have quite a few books on it and have read quite a few.  My biggest problem is finding time to read, what with my work schedule.  But I do find time at least twice a week.

General or contemporary fiction is one of the genres I read.  I will also mix in mysteries, crime fiction, sci-fi, westerns, and non fiction on topics of interest to me.  I never touch anything with a vampire or werewolf in it.

Contemporary or general fiction is the hardest genre for me to find books I like.  For example  BN recently featured the books Skipped Parts and Florida Roadkill (by different authors).  I couldn't finish either one.  They just weren't my style.  I tend to lean more toward the classic type of fiction: Flannery O'Conner, Hemmingway, etc.  I am sure there are still writers out there like that.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome, HoosierJoe!  You sound like my kind of reader:  I crave contemporary literary fiction, works I savor because they invite me to consider the beauty of their literary elements such as tone, setting, symbolism, structure, etc. in addition to (or even rather than) their basic narratives.  I am also a NOOK owner.

I have gotten many good suggestions through joining  the "Tell us what you're reading now . . . " thread on this board.  Again, welcome and happy reading!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

HoosierJoe wrote:

Hello.  I have owned a nook about 6 months now.  Really enjoy it.  Already have quite a few books on it and have read quite a few.  My biggest problem is finding time to read, what with my work schedule.  But I do find time at least twice a week.

General or contemporary fiction is one of the genres I read.  I will also mix in mysteries, crime fiction, sci-fi, westerns, and non fiction on topics of interest to me.  I never touch anything with a vampire or werewolf in it.

Contemporary or general fiction is the hardest genre for me to find books I like.  For example  BN recently featured the books Skipped Parts and Florida Roadkill (by different authors).  I couldn't finish either one.  They just weren't my style.  I tend to lean more toward the classic type of fiction: Flannery O'Conner, Hemmingway, etc.  I am sure there are still writers out there like that.

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum. I hope you get lots of ideas here.

we had a wonderful debut novel last year that might fit into your likes

The Collectibles  

If you like historical fiction and don't mind blood and guts our October selection was a great read about Robin Hood

Outlaw  

let us know what you're reading and be sure to check out the recommended thread and also visit my friend Becke's forum at Mystey and you'll find great selections there

I hope to see you back often and thanks for stopping by :smileyhappy:

and thank you whiteginger for making welcome

shygirltn37
0 Kudos

you guys can check my b&n to see the books i like

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Ok which ones are you favorites?
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

shygirltn37
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
Ok which ones are you favorites?

all of them