Reader 2
julievmoffitt
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the General Fiction Forum - Introduce Yourself

Hello Everyone!

I'm Julie V. Moffitt (: I live in Utah, USA. I love to read out of print and hard to find fiction books, these usually turn out to be good reads. But I also love classics and best sellers. Thanks BN.com for this community, I can't wait to get to know all of you!!!

Julie

Author of the book/s W+A Vampire Saga ~
My Youtube Book Trailers http://www.youtube.com/user/julievmoffitt
My Web Site http://www.jvmoffitt.wix.com/author
Follow me on Twitter @julievmoffitt
Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

julievmoffitt wrote:

Hello Everyone!

I'm Julie V. Moffitt (: I live in Utah, USA. I love to read out of print and hard to find fiction books, these usually turn out to be good reads. But I also love classics and best sellers. Thanks BN.com for this community, I can't wait to get to know all of you!!!

Julie

Hi Julie - Welcome ! We all share your love of reading and we love sharing our opinions. I personally, have found some of my favorite reads when someone here recommended them. Happy Reading...

Anne

dhaupt
0 Kudos

julievmoffitt wrote:

Hello Everyone!

Julie

Julie, Hi and I'll second Anne's welcome

I'm very familiar with your name and I hope to see you here often

Reader
Lollie60

Hi, my name is Yolanda, I'm 51 yrs old and work at Home Depot. My love of reading started when I was 5yrs old when my mom started taking me to the local library every week to get books.  I like reading almost all book genres.  As long as it is well written I'll probably read it.  I am new the the eBook thing but I find I like as well if not better than "dead tree" reading:smileyhappy:

I would like to join a book club forum very much. If anyone can give me any information on how that is done I would appreciate it. Any information on how to cultivate Nook Friends would be of help also.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Lollie60 wrote:

Hi, my name is Yolanda, I'm 51 yrs old and work at Home Depot. My love of reading started when I was 5yrs old when my mom started taking me to the local library every week to get books.  I like reading almost all book genres.  As long as it is well written I'll probably read it.  I am new the the eBook thing but I find I like as well if not better than "dead tree" reading:smileyhappy:

I would like to join a book club forum very much. If anyone can give me any information on how that is done I would appreciate it. Any information on how to cultivate Nook Friends would be of help also.

Hi Yolanda and WELCOME to the General Fiction book club forum

I too am a Nooker, I have a first generation and it still works just fine

here is a link to the Nook book discussion group

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Book-Discussion/ct-p/BookDiscussion

you may find something you like there

BUT, ( see a big but) :smileyhappy:  we here at General fiction read one book a month and discuss it too, most if not all the reads are e-book available and here is the list for the rest of 2012

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Fiction-General-Discussion/2012-Featured-Reads-by-Month/m-p/1...

If you like thrillers Monday we start the discussion on The Dispatcher  and the link will give you acess to the nook book.  The author Ryan David Jahn will be with us to chat, answer questions and just be a part of our conversation. If this is your cup of tea here is the link to the reading schedule http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Fiction-General-Discussion/Reading-Schedule-for-The-Dispatche...

I hope you find something you like in any of B&N.com's great forums but I also hope you'll find what you're looking for right here.

So pull up a chair

and join in the fun :smileyhappy:

Reader
Lollie60
0 Kudos

Thank you, Debbie, for you suggestions. I will give the links you gave a try.
New User
candice_major
0 Kudos

Does sound like a line from a singles site. :smileyhappy: Cool job though, Z!
New User
candice_major

Hello, everyone! My name is Candice. I've worked on that name a long time ago. I really wanted to have a pen name that actually meant something to me. All the letters in the name stand for the first letter in the name of a person I admire. It was a tedious process but it was all worth it. Now, I have a pen name that I am completely proud of... That's all I really wanna share right now. :cathappy: Hoping for a really fun time here with all you guys! 

dhaupt

candice_major wrote:

Hello, everyone! My name is Candice. I've worked on that name a long time ago. I really wanted to have a pen name that actually meant something to me. All the letters in the name stand for the first letter in the name of a person I admire. It was a tedious process but it was all worth it. Now, I have a pen name that I am completely proud of... That's all I really wanna share right now. :cathappy: Hoping for a really fun time here with all you guys! 

Welcome to the forum candice_major, i hope that you'll give us a little more into your pen name maybe in the future, you sure have me intrigued.

I hope that you'll find what you're looking for, whether it's a monthly featured book read as a group, suggestions to load up your nook or your shelves or just some e-friends to chat with.

here's your reading chair

Unique-Reading-Chairs-for-Bedrooms.jpeg

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:
here's your reading chair

Unique-Reading-Chairs-for-Bedrooms.jpeg

Now that's a reading chair!  All it needs is for the front to come up to rest your feet, wheels on the back, and a motor!  LOL

Contributor
Lucy_PR
0 Kudos

Hi to all:

My name is Luz and I'm from Puerto Rico.  I work for the federal government, married with 2 childrens. Reading it one of my passions that noone on my family understands.  I would appreciate if one of my kids begins to love reading I really hope so.  I have a Nook Tablet and a Kindle last generation.  My TBR list on the Nook its getting really long but I love it.  I hope to have a good time sharing with all of you.

Nice day!!! From the Carribean

"I promise to pray for you every day, ask your forgiveness, grant you the same, and be your friend always" The Grace Card
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Lucy_PR wrote:

Hi to all:

My name is Luz and I'm from Puerto Rico.  I work for the federal government, married with 2 childrens. Reading it one of my passions that noone on my family understands.  I would appreciate if one of my kids begins to love reading I really hope so.  I have a Nook Tablet and a Kindle last generation.  My TBR list on the Nook its getting really long but I love it.  I hope to have a good time sharing with all of you.

Nice day!!! From the Carribean

Hola Lucy, and welcome to the General Fiction forum.

if reading is a passion you're defintely in the right place.

We offer a variety of things to join in here on the forum, we have a monthly featured read where the author joins in the conversation - In September that novel is

One Mountain Away  and the discussion starts Monday morning September 3rd,here is a link to the reading schedule.

we have a new feature starting in September featuring a newly released novel and in September the selection is The Light Between Oceans  and that starts on September 1st, this is a non-regimented discussion thread where the talk is more casual and it's brand new.

Let us know what you like to read and tell us what you're reading now we all love new members and want you to stick around and have fun with us.

So once again

WELCOME 

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Lucy_PR wrote:

Hi to all:

Nice day!!! From the Caribbean

I second what Deb said, Luz.  It's always fun to meet people from around the world...we learn so much from each other here.....no matter what you read....Welcome to the Fiction board, where everyone is-------------  

New User
Kirs10
0 Kudos

Hello,

My name is Kirsten. I'm new here and I guess I'll join in on the reading in November - which I can't believe will be here as soon as next. week. I have been looking for a book club to help me find new authors and to help me get back into the groove of discussing books again. 

I live in Columbia, MO where I work as an Executive Assistant by day. By night I play in the theatre, take drawing classes, belly dance classes and yoga. I also act, direct and teach acting classes to adults in the community. I'm currently the chair of the play selection committee for our community theatre so I read and discuss a lot of dramatic literature. 

I guess I'm at the beginning of my mid-life crisis - which I've been looking forward to for a long time. One of the things this "crisis" is leading me back to is my love of writing. I used to write quite a bit and then I just stopped. And I feel like I've lost my voice and I want to get it back - or discover the voice I have now. I've been reading Page after Page by Heather Sellers and one of the assignments is to join a reading group and discuss books on a regular basis.The play selection committee I work with meets every Sunday and we read 2 to 4 plays a week, but I thought it might be cheating a bit to count that as my book discussion group. And part of the fun of learning something new is meeting new people and moving out of your comfort zone.

What else? I'm a mom to a 13 y.o. daughter who is an avid reader, but refuses to read anything I recommend. I'm also a new wife. We just celebrated our 3rd anniversary this month. 

I'm looking forward to connecting with you here. 

Happy reading,

Kirsten

Here's the book I mentioned above. :smileyhappy:

Page After Page  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Kirs10 wrote:

Hello,

My name is Kirsten. I'm new here and I guess I'll join in on the reading in November - which I can't believe will be here as soon as next. week. I have been looking for a book club to help me find new authors and to help me get back into the groove of discussing books again. 

I live in Columbia, MO where I work as an Executive Assistant by day. By night I play in the theatre, take drawing classes, belly dance classes and yoga. I also act, direct and teach acting classes to adults in the community. I'm currently the chair of the play selection committee for our community theatre so I read and discuss a lot of dramatic literature. 

I guess I'm at the beginning of my mid-life crisis - which I've been looking forward to for a long time. One of the things this "crisis" is leading me back to is my love of writing. I used to write quite a bit and then I just stopped. And I feel like I've lost my voice and I want to get it back - or discover the voice I have now. I've been reading Page after Page by Heather Sellers and one of the assignments is to join a reading group and discuss books on a regular basis.The play selection committee I work with meets every Sunday and we read 2 to 4 plays a week, but I thought it might be cheating a bit to count that as my book discussion group. And part of the fun of learning something new is meeting new people and moving out of your comfort zone.

What else? I'm a mom to a 13 y.o. daughter who is an avid reader, but refuses to read anything I recommend. I'm also a new wife. We just celebrated our 3rd anniversary this month. 

I'm looking forward to connecting with you here. 

Happy reading,

Kirsten

Here's the book I mentioned above. :smileyhappy:

Page After Page  

Kirsten, Hi.  I LOVE new members and am so glad you'll be joining in our read for November, I hope it's what you're looking for too.

I live in St. Charles, MO, my daughter is in the arts too, she's an opera singer, classically trained a  Mezzo Soprano and performs here in St. Louis, she teaches music at St Charles Community College, is in the Bach Society too.

I hope you love the November read with us enough to come back in January when the year starts off with a bang

here's  the line up for 2013 so I hope you find lots of reads that you think you'll enjoy.

Our goal is to have fun and I think we do a pretty good job.

So welcome neighbor, it's good to have you here.

New User
LucyNolan
0 Kudos

My name is Lucy, Nice to meet all.
Leather Football boots can be polished and if you prefer
dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

LucyNolan wrote:
My name is Lucy, Nice to meet all.

Hi Lucy, it's nice to meet you too!

Tell us a little about you.

I'm Debbie and I moderate the General Fiction forum.

I hope you find lots of things to like here.

If you're looking for a book club read our November selection is The Dog Who Danced, you can see the reading schedule by clicking the link. The author will be with us through the month to chat with us too.

Welcome

pull up a reading chair and join in

chair-for-reading-furniture.jpeg

Contributor
Ronnie_Ray_Jenkins
0 Kudos

Hello readers:

Ronnie Ray Jenkins is the author of five novels, and two collections of short stories. His women's fiction work titled, The Flowers of Reminiscence has been read by thousands of women who all agree it is a book they couldn't put down. He was the international winner of Border's Books contest for short stories in 2007, and continues to entertain his fans with a new series of adventures themed around the holidays called The Flynn City Egg Man.  Jenkins says, " When you see a magician reach in the top hat, you can almost always be sure that a rabbit will appear, with me, don't count on it being a rabbit."

Ronnie Ray Jenkins
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Ronnie_Ray_Jenkins wrote:

Hello readers:

Ronnie Ray Jenkins is the author of five novels, and two collections of short stories. His women's fiction work titled, The Flowers of Reminiscence has been read by thousands of women who all agree it is a book they couldn't put down. He was the international winner of Border's Books contest for short stories in 2007, and continues to entertain his fans with a new series of adventures themed around the holidays called The Flynn City Egg Man.  Jenkins says, " When you see a magician reach in the top hat, you can almost always be sure that a rabbit will appear, with me, don't count on it being a rabbit."

Hi Ronnie Ray, I'm Debbie and I moderate the B&N.com General Fiction forum.

you have quite a few e-pubs here at B&N. And a few that are season right for now.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for spotlighting your work for the folks here.

Christmas Stories  

Winter Butterflies  

Satan's Under The Bed  

Boom Town 1921  

The Year of The Rooster  

Emily Fitch Is A Goner  

The Perfect Tree (Christmas Tale)  

Dark Sanctuary  

A Flynn City Christmas  

The Flynn City Egg Man  

What To Do About Arthur  

The Baptism of Jimmy Joe Preston and Other Stories  

The Flowers of Reminiscence  

Contributor
Ronnie_Ray_Jenkins
0 Kudos

Thanks Debbie. I recently began to publish on here, although as a published author, I am easily found on various websites. Some of the best kept secrets was the fact, I didn't know B and N had set up a program. Thanks again.
Ronnie Ray Jenkins