Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading?

(I don't know why in the world the message editor won't allow me to enter carriage returns and hence blank lines between paragraphs the way I want it!  Grrrr!  )

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

Started to read Wake of Forgiveness for First Look. I was hooked for two chapters and then got a look at my syllabus for school and nearly choked! Guess I'll be reading that book on the book club schedule which is SOOO unlike my normal read pattern.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

pjpick wrote:

Started to read Wake of Forgiveness for First Look. I was hooked for two chapters and then got a look at my syllabus for school and nearly choked! Guess I'll be reading that book on the book club schedule which is SOOO unlike my normal read pattern.

We used to call those impossible first week assignments "boot camp" -- or training in how to deal with information overload.
"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
dhaupt
0 Kudos

pjpick wrote:

Ah but just think of that prize at the end of school.

First Look, I've tried it both ways, but I really find that reading on schedule which is against my reading pattern as well really is better for me not to spill anything that happens further along in the book. It also helps me to better understand some of the other commenters.

Now pjpck back to the books for you ;-)

Frequent Contributor
WestchesterRFranks
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the heads up.. appreciated

I respond:

The book is adequately re-stocked from what I can tell. 

dhaupt wrote: Henry Paul GoatAllen at the Paranormal and Sci-Fi board liked this one too, looks like a great bet for all you horror fans. Just reading the blurb gave me chills, brrrrr Thanks for mentioning it!! And welcome to the club!!!!

Encounter at North Road House. What happens when a brutal masked-psycho like Jason enters a house looking for another victim, but this house happens to be haunted by vicious ghosts, no one lives there, and the plan backfires? The masked psycho gets locked in and goes to war with the haunted house.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Running Scared 

check out my review of this 1995 re-issue

here at B&N.com

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just finished a historical romance by Jennifer Ashley - Love her

Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage 

here's my review on B&N http://my.barnesandnoble.com/communityportal/review.aspx?reviewid=1443994

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

The Castaways  My second of Hilderbrand's books. Odd, I'm not liking the story but can't seem to pull myself away from it. Hilderbrand has a nice way of writing.

Frequent Contributor
Beachgirl312
0 Kudos

A Vintage Affair  Thanks Susan ! What are you reading? Next on my pile is "A Vintage Affair" by Isabel Wolff. It was a B & N recommendation. I don't usually read romance but it sounds good & the cover pulled me right in!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Maybe This Time  Hi Beachgirl 312..I can see how the cover could pull you in;will have a look  I usually don't read romance  either,but I was given a copy of Jennifer Crusie ..This book really was amazing..the romance was there, not overwhelming,but the story was the key.She did her own spin on" TheTaming of the Shrew" which I had to read about , to remember what it was about..I was really taken with her writing..Fun,paranormal elements.Just a Good Story..Also reading "The Wake of Forgiveness" for The FirstLook Club,intense..Waiting for 'Bloodfever" Karen Moning" read 'Darkfever" as a free ebook on my Blackberry, and was hooked. Tomorrow if you haven't heard,there is a "Sneak Peek" on Teen reads..Signup is at noon tomorrow,,if you're interested..Really curious..so many good books out there..My TBR is too long  lol.Hope all is well.Susan..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Contributor
cwiley1
0 Kudos

Hi Angelcloud

I also enjoy Nora Robert.  Sometimes there is nothing like a Nora Robert's romance.  I haven't read the Search so look forward to hearing how you liked it.

Contributor
cwiley1
0 Kudos

I just finished Barbara Delinsky's The Summer I Dared.  It was pretty good.  I enjoyed it enough to look for some of ther other books and add them to my list. 

I found myself getting a visual on what I was reading.  That doesn't happen too often when I am reading.  It was nice....  

Now I am on to Jennifer Weiner - Best Friends Forever,  It will be a quick read because I am already half way into it.  Another new author for me who I will read again.   I can't remember who recommended it, but I think it was thru this forum.  So thank you.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Lake News  Hi cwiley1.Glad you found Barbara Delinsky..I have read quite a few of her books,but not "The Summer I Dared" yet.She is a great writer and very detailed..So I understand how you can just see what she is talking about''I have favorites,but I'm sure you will find another Barbara Delinsky. I never read Jennifer Weiner..should have a look at her books..Let us know how you liked her book..I had to post  "Lake News" and also"Looking for Peyton Place" 'Suddenly" is on my TBR''Sounds so good..Susan..

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Lake News  Hi cwiley1.Glad you found Barbara Delinsky..I have read quite a few of her books,but not "The Summer I Dared" yet.She is a great writer and very detailed..So I understand how you can just see what she is talking about''I have favorites,but I'm sure you will find another Barbara Delinsky. I never read Jennifer Weiner..should have a look at her books..Let us know how you liked her book..I had to post  "Lake News" and also"Looking for Peyton Place" 'Suddenly" is on my TBR''Sounds so good..Susan..

cwiley and Susan, I also enjoy Barbara Delinsky, she reminds me a bit of Kristin Hannah. My favorite novel of Ms. Delinsky's was 

The Vineyard 

Even all these years later it still speaks to me.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

cwiley and Susan, I also enjoy Barbara Delinsky, she reminds me a bit of Kristin Hannah. My favorite novel of Ms. Delinsky's was 

The Vineyard 

Hi  Deb..I thought I read "The Vineyard",but when I read the excerpt..I realized I didn't..TBR..sounds very good...Hope all is well...Susan

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

The Vineyard 

Hi  Deb..I thought I read "The Vineyard",but when I read the excerpt..I realized I didn't..TBR..sounds very good...Hope all is well...Susan

You will not be disappointed, strong women three generations and of course a love story. Enjoy

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just recently received a pre-release from Mira and read it over the weekend, it's due out in October and it's amazing

Saving Max 

here's my review on B&N

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/communityportal/review.aspx?reviewid=1446324

or check it out on my blog for a little something extra about Mira.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

The Vineyard 

You will not be disappointed, strong women three generations and of course a love story. Enjoy

Thanks Deb.. I like her Books.."Saving Max" sounds Good.too .Will check out your review..Susan

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

Queen's Man (Justin de Quincy Series #1)  Just started this one. My feet were cold and I was already in bed when I decided I wanted something to read. So, rather than get out of bed I grabbed one of the books that was in reach. I'm really not a big reader of mysteries or medieval times so it should be interesting to see how I feel about this one. It has had some good buzz (both on the BN book clubs and by friends).

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pjpick wrote:

Queen's Man (Justin de Quincy Series #1)  Just started this one. My feet were cold and I was already in bed when I decided I wanted something to read. So, rather than get out of bed I grabbed one of the books that was in reach. I'm really not a big reader of mysteries or medieval times so it should be interesting to see how I feel about this one. It has had some good buzz (both on the BN book clubs and by friends).

Please let us know how you liked it..pjpick..Thanks,Susan