dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading?

Vermontcozy wrote:

1AnneB wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Outlander (Outlander Series #1) I Finished Outlander over the weekend Debbie,  If there are any readers who haven't started The Series.Its amazing,wonderful,historical,and with a Romantic overtone..which was very inspiring ..And the Adventure!!!!On to #2....Susan

Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander Series #2)  

Oh, Susan - I envy you - you are going to be on a wonderful journey with this series. I just re-read books #1 & 2 while on vacation in Sept. and will continue a re-read of the rest in the next couple of months. I think of them as "comfort food" for my soul. Enjoy them all...

Anne

Hi Anne..Very addictive and so looking forward to the whole series,I like your description "comfort food"for the soul..I can understand why...I like knowing that they are available and thats comforting as well...Best  Susan

Susan, I'm so glad you finally took the dive into Outlander. And Anne is so right, buckle up your seat belt because the journey has just begun

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Demon's Fall by Karalynn Lee

Demon's Fall

Happy Reading :smileywink:

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Sunrise At Sunset by Jaz Primo

Sunrise at Sunset

dhaupt
0 Kudos
Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Hallowed Eve by Suza Kates

Hallowed Eve

Happy Halloween :smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I am reading a variety right now.

Vixen  -Very good so far. Really pulls you into the story.

Sandman Slim  - described as a fantasy, noir thriller in reviews. Very interesting writing style. So far I think the best description I saw was Supernatural thriller.

The Pawn (Patrick Bowers Files Series #1)  - First in a series. Very good mystery thriller. This happened to be on a Free eBook friday awhile back.

Inspired Contributor
avalonpriestess
0 Kudos

Right now reading

Vixen (first look pic for Nov)

and 

The Picture of Dorian Gray

Donna

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

7th Victim  It was a free ebook,,and I am enjoying it enough to read "Velocity" By the same Author

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Kill the Dead  pen I really liked"The Pawn"..It kept my interest,and glad it will be a series.  ...I agree with your discription of "SandMan Slim..although I am still reading it....and will read his next book"Kill the Dead."..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Contributor
VickiMasterMind
0 Kudos

Makes for a great read for Halloween

Encounter at North Road House When a masked, unbeatable Jason-type psycho-killer enters a house to take more lives, the house that he enters is haunted by inhuman creatures and ghosts, who shut him in.  The masked psychopath then goes to war with the ghosts and creatures of the haunted house.

The masked-psycho thought he was moving on another ordinary house - but what he enters into is a haunted realm.  The best thing about this book is who is the predator and who is the prey?  This one just came out and highly recommended

Contributor
MsTweet
0 Kudos

I'm reading a few books right now.  Vixen by Jillian Larkin for the Teen First Look, One Day by David Nicholls and Accidental by Ali Smith.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

MsTweet wrote:

I'm reading a few books right now.  Vixen by Jillian Larkin for the Teen First Look, One Day by David Nicholls and Accidental by Ali Smith.

Hi MsTweet, I'm reading Vixen too. Do you think YA is the right genre for Vixen?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag (Flavia de Luce Series #2) 

I'm finally getting around to reading book two in this series. I loved the first one!

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce Series #1)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

I just started the latest Iris Johansen - her Eve Duncan series, it's due out in October

Chasing the Night (Eve Duncan Series #11) 

It is really good, lot of action like you'd expect

Debbie - I just finished this one. Really good!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hush Money by Susan Bischoff

Hush Money

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Changes by Erika Brinsfield

Changes  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Freedom 

Awhile back, not sure if in this thread or another, I mentioned I was reading Freedom.  I finished and here is my entry in my reading joournal:

This is not the book of the century, as claimed by a critic.  The storyline of the book is made up of unsympathetic characters repeatedly making bad decisions.  I think the book lacked momentum because I didn’t have the feeling of wanting to know what would happen next.  The momentum for me occurred halfway through the book when I felt the need to finish the book to rid myself of the characters in the book.  Then, a strange thing happened.  About 150 pages from the end, I understood the “big picture” of the book and realized that the characters had to be and act the way they did as part of the big idea of the book.  I found I really liked the ending of the book and could appreciate what the author was doing.  However, since I spent a lot of time being so annoyed with the characters, I cannot rate the book highly, despite it being a well written book.  If you don’t get the “big picture” of the book, I think it would be a hard book to enjoy.

Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.