Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
WestchesterRFranks
0 Kudos

Re: What are you reading?

Exposing the Hidden Things is the other book by the same author Stephanie.  This one is a little crazier than Exposed World.  To keep a long story short, these are two books that need to be on the shelf.

Cover Image

Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

I too have Dean Koontz's "Relentless" on my TBR pile. He's one of my favorite suspense authors. 

I count his "Velocity" as one of the most terrifying stories I have ever read. 

Thank goodness that he's so productive...  I wish my other favorite writers would write as much and as quickly.

Stephanie wrote:

Just got my husband the newest Dean Koontz for Father's Day- Relentless  and I wanted to start it before he did!  He has already started it, however, so I suppose I'll have to wait.

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Contributor
scully60
0 Kudos

I just completed "Relentless". Loved it.  Try my book "Twisted Desires" .
Frequent Contributor
WestchesterRFranks
0 Kudos

Twisted Desires is your book!  We have an author in the board! :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
MrsWaki
0 Kudos

She may not be the author unless that's an alias name :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
MrsWaki
0 Kudos

Stephanie, what are you reading right now?
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

MrsWaki wrote:
Stephanie, what are you reading right now?

I'll guarantee she's reading Return to Sullivans Island  This link will direct you to HarperCollins Publishers, giving the first three chapters of this book, coming out the end of this month.

Have you ever been in one of our book discussions?  If you haven't, you should join us on this one.  Starting around July 6th, Dot Frank will be here.  She's always a joy to talk to about her book, or books. 

Return to Sullivans Island 

Frequent Contributor
SandraEBarker
0 Kudos

I just finished RIGHT NEXT DOOR, by Debbie Macomber
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just started 

The Neighbor  

I am a great fan of the scary Ms. Gardner and as I expected the hair started standing up on my arms on the first page.

I once made a comment on a review I did for one of her books about her husband sleeping with one eye opened and she actually used it on one of her video interviews.

I was introduced to her with her first thriller The Perfect Husband and even after all the other books I've read I can still see some of those scenes in my head. If you've never read her and love to be scared out of your mind. Pick her up. 

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I'm getting ready to start on The First King of Shannara by Terry Brooks.  It's a book I've read many times but since we are reading The Sword of Shannara for the SciFi/Fantasy board next month I figured I would read this prequel just to remind me of the history that is mentioned in the book we will be reading.

First King of Shannara 

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
WestchesterRFranks
0 Kudos

I found  a book that caught my interest:

The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie

Frequent Contributor
MrsWaki
0 Kudos

I notice B&N recommended a good one - > The Name of the Wind
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

WestchesterRFranks wrote:

Exposing the Hidden Things is the other book by the same author Stephanie.  This one is a little crazier than Exposed World.  To keep a long story short, these are two books that need to be on the shelf.

Thanks for the recommendation... I'm looking them up now!

Stephanie
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Kathy's right- I was reading Return to Sullivans Island  which we'll be discussing in July - can't wait!   Please do join the discussion, I promise we will have a ball.

I'm actually reading The Shack now, recommended to me by a number of friends, my sister, and finally, my son's best friend (a 13 year old boy!).   It was actually his thumb's up that propelled me to read it next, I have so many books waiting for me (much like everyone who reads) that I never know what to pick up next.  It's quite compelling, and more than a little sad.  Perhaps it will give me perspective and the ability to prioritize. 

Stephanie
KathyS
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:

Kathy's right- I was reading Return to Sullivans Island  which we'll be discussing in July - can't wait!   Please do join the discussion, I promise we will have a ball.

I'm actually reading The Shack now, recommended to me by a number of friends, my sister, and finally, my son's best friend (a 13 year old boy!).   It was actually his thumb's up that propelled me to read it next, I have so many books waiting for me (much like everyone who reads) that I never know what to pick up next.  It's quite compelling, and more than a little sad.  Perhaps it will give me perspective and the ability to prioritize. 

A few weeks ago, as I was walking into the clubhouse, someone I knew entered through the door at the same time.  She had The Shack in her hands, and asked me if I wanted it.  I said...ahh, "I don't know.  I know nothing about it."  I asked, "Did you like it?"  She said, "No".  She's, as far as I've heard, a Christian.... I think "heard" is the operative word.  I just now read the reviews, and found some interesting pro and con perspectives of this book, but all seem to be good, whether Christian or not.  I really didn't get a chance to ask this person I know, what about it she didn't like.  I'll have to give her a call!  Or maybe someone can enlighten me further.  "Perspective and the ability to prioritize".... I don't know what you mean by this, Stephanie.
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Kathy,

I know they were discussing this book this month on the Relgion/Spirituality board, so you may want to check and see what others thought of it.  I never got around to reading it.  Most of my friends didn't like it though a few did.  I have never really discussed the book any further with them though.

KathyS wrote:

Stephanie wrote:

A few weeks ago, as I was walking into the clubhouse, someone I knew entered through the door at the same time.  She had The Shack in her hands, and asked me if I wanted it.  I said...ahh, "I don't know.  I know nothing about it."  I asked, "Did you like it?"  She said, "No".  She's, as far as I've heard, a Christian.... I think "heard" is the operative word.  I just now read the reviews, and found some interesting pro and con perspectives of this book, but all seem to be good, whether Christian or not.  I really didn't get a chance to ask this person I know, what about it she didn't like.  I'll have to give her a call!  Or maybe someone can enlighten me further.  "Perspective and the ability to prioritize".... I don't know what you mean by this, Stephanie.

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

We are going to be reading this on the SciFi/Fantasy board in August if you want to drop by then and discuss with a whole bunch of people.

MrsWaki wrote:
I notice B&N recommended a good one - > The Name of the Wind

KathyS
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ryan...I totally forgot about that board, I'll check it.....I haven't been reading many boards lately, for that matter :smileysad:  Is the castle still standing? :smileyhappy:
Ryan_G wrote:

Kathy,

I know they were discussing this book this month on the Relgion/Spirituality board, so you may want to check and see what others thought of it.  I never got around to reading it.  Most of my friends didn't like it though a few did.  I have never really discussed the book any further with them though.

KathyS wrote:

Stephanie wrote:

Frequent Contributor
WendyLBastaltane
0 Kudos

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

DQM Kathy,

As a matter of fact the castle is still standing if a little slow.  Observatory just got finished and Mel now has a waterfall inside :smileywink:

I'm going to try and do something tonight as well

KathyS wrote:
Thanks, Ryan...I totally forgot about that board, I'll check it.....I haven't been reading many boards lately, for that matter :smileysad:  Is the castle still standing? :smileyhappy: