Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
DeeKay79
0 Kudos

Where Are the Interracial Romance Topics??

Hi Everyone...

Pleae help me as I'm looking for the topics that are geared towards the Genres that include I/R (interracial romance) in the categories Contemporay, paranormal and historic?

Its strange that I don't see anything like that on here.. ???

Maybe i just need direction...

Can someone please help?

Thank you..

I love to read, Cause its the only way I will get a vacation!

http://sites.google.com/site/marilynleefanclub/
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

Re: Where Are the Interracial Romance Topics??

A couple that come to my mind are Suzanne Brockman (suspense) and Marjorie Liu (interacial and interspecies.)
New User
DeeKay79
0 Kudos

Okay so i meant where are the topics or forums that are created for such a Genre..

I know there are rules around here so i want to find where that forum is so i can see what everyone is saying.. I cant seem to find that forum or topic.

Can anyone help on this?

I know a lot of I/R authors.. that write erotica, mainstream and inspirational.. but i do not see a topic for them here..

I love to read, Cause its the only way I will get a vacation!

http://sites.google.com/site/marilynleefanclub/
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

DeeKay79 wrote:

Okay so i meant where are the topics or forums that are created for such a Genre..

I know there are rules around here so i want to find where that forum is so i can see what everyone is saying.. I cant seem to find that forum or topic.

Can anyone help on this?

I know a lot of I/R authors.. that write erotica, mainstream and inspirational.. but i do not see a topic for them here..

DeeKay,

If you click on the "Browse Book Clubs", up to your left of this page, it will take you to all of the boards.....scroll through them and you can see what is offered.  Romantic Reads,

As far as I know, is as close as you are going to get to this specific subject that you ask about.  I would recommend one of three things, once you're there:

Send a PM (private message) to Melanie Murray, who is the moderator of that board, asking her your questions.  If you don't know how to do this, just click on her name, and her personal page will show up...under her name, click "send a message to this usuer".  A little message box will show up, in which you can type your questions....title the subject line - Interracial Romance topic - ...then click submit post/send.

Or, find the introduction thread on that Romance board, and introduce yourself and ask the question there...

Or, if they have a Community room within that board, you can do the same there, and put "interracial romance" or Melanie Murray's name in the message subject line...this will draw attention to your post.  No need to start a new topic thread, as you did here, since you will already be in the genre board of 'Romantic Reads'.

I wish I could help you more, but that's as close as I can get you to your questions.  It looks like they have romance authors on that board to discuss their books, and you might recognize these names of authors you like.  I don't normally read this genre. I also see Becke Davis, the Mystery Board, and Garden Board moderator posting/talking on the romance board, because she's an avid reader of all romance books. 

I'm sure somebody will be able to help you there.  Good luck!

Kathy 

New User
0 Kudos

"Find the Flower that Blossoms"

I would recommend to anyone who is interested in interracial romance topics with adventure to give my first feature novel titled above a chance.  "Find the Flower that Blossoms" is the story of Ashley Summers, a young White woman who meets and falls in love with Adisa Omawale, a Black man who moves to her small, exclusively White, Oregon town.  As a result of Adisa's diversity work in the town, he and Ashley become targets of a fanatical right wing racist group that ultimately murders Ashley's best friend.  Ashley is tormented by her friend's death.  She has nonstop nightmares about the racists who committed the murder.  The resulting trauma causes her to develop a serious drinking problem.  She manages to stop drinking, but she does not find the solution to her intense anxiety and depression so she then descends into a devastating struggle with sex and love addiction.  She has multiple affairs and when she's finally caught cheating, she attempts suicide.  She lapses into a coma and during her unconscious state, she's visited by her dead friend.  It's then that Ashley is empowered to embark upon a true path of recovery and self discovery until the racists that traumatised her return in real life to threaten everyone she knows and loves.

The book is the story of the role race plays in present day society, particularly the constant racial over and undertones that still very much exist in this society.  It's also the story of a young woman's struggle to overcome self esteem and addiction issues.  The book is available now through www.publishamerica.com or you can order it through Barnes and Noble and any bookstore.  A must read for 2011!!

pentopeople.blogspot.com for more information

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: "Find the Flower that Blossoms"

Find the Flower That Blossoms  by Ahjamu Umi.

I was curious, so went looking and evoked our ever present "Add Product".

Here is another link about the author and book.

3733 wrote:

I would recommend to anyone who is interested in interracial romance topics with adventure to give my first feature novel titled above a chance.  "Find the Flower that Blossoms" is the story of Ashley Summers, a young White woman who meets and falls in love with Adisa Omawale, a Black man who moves to her small, exclusively White, Oregon town.  As a result of Adisa's diversity work in the town, he and Ashley become targets of a fanatical right wing racist group that ultimately murders Ashley's best friend.  Ashley is tormented by her friend's death.  She has nonstop nightmares about the racists who committed the murder.  The resulting trauma causes her to develop a serious drinking problem.  She manages to stop drinking, but she does not find the solution to her intense anxiety and depression so she then descends into a devastating struggle with sex and love addiction.  She has multiple affairs and when she's finally caught cheating, she attempts suicide.  She lapses into a coma and during her unconscious state, she's visited by her dead friend.  It's then that Ashley is empowered to embark upon a true path of recovery and self discovery until the racists that traumatised her return in real life to threaten everyone she knows and loves.

The book is the story of the role race plays in present day society, particularly the constant racial over and undertones that still very much exist in this society.  It's also the story of a young woman's struggle to overcome self esteem and addiction issues.  The book is available now through www.publishamerica.com or you can order it through Barnes and Noble and any bookstore.  A must read for 2011!!

pentopeople.blogspot.com for more information

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy