Frequent Contributor
leighvmewithmyimagination
0 Kudos

White Oleander by Janet Fitch

Is anyone currently reading White Oleander?  What are your thoughts of the book?

nhbookfan
0 Kudos

Re: White Oleander by Janet Fitch

I'm not currently reading this, but I did read it a few years ago, and I loved it.....couldn't put it down!

It does have moments of being very sad, but it's interesting to see all the different places she's sent to live.

I read the book right before the movie came out, and although the movie was good, it only touched on a few things that the book goes into depth on!

But, all in all, I loved the book! 

Frequent Contributor
leighvmewithmyimagination
0 Kudos

I'm really enjoying it as well.  I saw the movie first and while it was good I do love the fact that the book has so much more! 

I think it's interesting to think about how much those we live with influence our lives....those of us who don't bounce around from home to home don't know and can't understand this.

I'm looking forward to finishing the book!

geolakat
0 Kudos

I read it several years ago; it was on Oprah's list.  

I found it to be a brilliant, scathing peek into the realities of life and couldn't put it down.  But, please don't base your review on the movie; it left out way too much.