Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
lilacladyMF
0 Kudos

book suggestions please

hi! I am new here, this is my first post.

I am a fast reader and my tastes are evolving in terms of what I like.

I would love to find some new books to sink my teeth into!
I used to read Nora Roberts, Joy Fielding, Tami Hoag.

I love the chick lit Sophie Kinsellas, and the Emily Giffins.

I started buying books from recommended lists. I have loved The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and the sequel. The Thirteenth Tale, The Guernsey Potato Peel Pie Society :smileyhappy:. I just read Still Alice (did not love it as much) Time Traveller's Wife. What can I curl up and really get into? Thanks so much.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: book suggestions please

Wow it sounds like you have a varied interest in several genres.

Here are some authors I like

Jayne Ann Krentz

Deborah Crombie

Jennifer Crusie

Nelson DeMille

Jennifer Weiner

Linda Barnes

LIsa Gardner

Michael Conelly

Linda Fairstein

Hank Phillipi Ryan

Lisa Jackson

Elizabeth Lowell

Kathleen Eagle

PJ Tracy

Faye Kellerman

Sarah Graves

Linda Ladd

Dorathea Benton Frank

Sandra Dallas

Most of these are general fiction authors with a tendency to have a romantic feel to them, some are straight romance and some are straight mysteries.

I hope I was of some help to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

An author who I think does not get enough press- and has a new book out ... Rebecca Wells - Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood  start with that one, then read Little Altars Everywhere  - in tha order.  That's not the order she wrote them, but it really works to read them that way. 

Her new book is

The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder 

which I haven't yet read.

Stephanie
Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

How about Janet Evanovich?  (One for the Money is the first in the series).  Very good through about 9 or so!!!  Just fun, light mysteries/romance.

For cozy mysteries, I'd recommend Elizabeth Peters--both her Vicky Bliss and Amelia Peabody series. VERY fun and funny.

Maria

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

Here's a list of my standard fiction recommendations:

Moloka'i 

Sarah's Key 

Night of Flames  

One Thousand White Women  

The Sparrow   and Children of God  (Two part series) 

Outlander (Outlander Series #1)  

East of the Sun  

Pope Joan  

Also, most of the Jodi Picoult books are good as well.

New User
LRH75
0 Kudos

Hi!

Allow me to recommend my novel,

Consequences 

In Consequences, readers are taken on a journey into the lives of a down-low husband, his wife, his lovers, and a cast of others who are affected, whether directly or indirectly, by the HIV virus. The story is fiction but the reality of HIV is fact, and the reality is that each year there are thousands of new cases diagnosed-most of those new cases being women of color and minority. It has to end; and it has to end where it begins-with each one of us.

New User
CVAD84
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi. I would love to recommend my latest Novel, Office Affairs by Caramel Vixen.

If you love romance with spicy intimate scenes. If you have a thing for main characters who are depicted to resemble real women, the average American woman, instead of fantasy stick size -2's (no offense to those who are) :smileywink: then Office Affairs, is the book for you.

Enjoy,

Caramel Vixen

www.officeaffairs.webs.com

Office Affairs on B&N

Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31
0 Kudos

I would recommend reading the House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende or city of the beasts also by Isabel Allende she is a really good writer and has a lot of interesting books that you will thoroughly enjoy!

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers