Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Frenchygirl1
0 Kudos

book suggestions with reincarnation and love as theme

[ Edited ]
I didn't see a book club for the supernatural/parapsychology so I'm posting here. I would like book suggestions for books with reincarnation and love as theme. I am really interested in something similar to the movie Dead Again- of which I'm a huge fan. Does anybody know of any? (I am getting ready to read The Morrigan).

Thanks all!
frenchygirl1

Message Edited by Frenchygirl1 on 08-30-2007 10:53 AM
Frequent Contributor
Frenchygirl1
0 Kudos

Re: book suggestions with reincarnation and love as theme

It's worrisome that nobody knows of any-- but I suppose maybe there aren't many books that include both criteria that are also fiction?

Or maybe there are tons and it's just that nobody has responded. Someone must know of some? I'm sure that Dead Again wasn't the first at incorporating the idea of reincarnation....btw, not really looking for time travel, so Bid Time Return is off the list(though I love the film). I'm looking for something similar to the plot of Dark Shadows, Dead Again, The Morrigan, or Time after Time (this one I came across on Amazon..not so sure about)). Anyone??

'Til we meet again
a bientot! (and warm thanks)
frenchygirl1
Frequent Contributor
Frenchygirl1
0 Kudos

Also, just to add- the plot does not have to mainly focus on the idea of reincarnation. It could just be a novel that you like that alludes to the idea or possibility of one character having been reincarnated.

I much appreciate your time in responding!:smileywink:
A bientot!
frenchygirl1
Inspired Correspondent
Librarian
0 Kudos

Hi Frenchygirl1------Go to Barnes&Noble.com and look up the book Again by Sharon Cullars. Could this be the kind of book you're looking for? Also by typing love reincarnation in the search box, on B&N you might find others.
Librarian
Frequent Contributor
Frenchygirl1
0 Kudos

Thanks Librarian! Again would definitely fit my description! Thanks! I was not aware of it. Unfortunately a search with reincarnation and love is bringing up mostly non-fiction books...but I was surprised to see a few more fiction books that I didn't happen across in my search on amazon (i.e She? )and a few others. Thanks very much for your advice! :smileyhappy:

frenchygirl1
Frequent Contributor
krenea1
0 Kudos

Check out Green Darkness
by Anya Seton
Karen Renea

Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Frenchygirl1 wrote:
I didn't see a book club for the supernatural/parapsychology so I'm posting here. I would like book suggestions for books with reincarnation and love as theme. I am really interested in something similar to the movie Dead Again- of which I'm a huge fan. Does anybody know of any? (I am getting ready to read The Morrigan).

Thanks all!
frenchygirl1

Message Edited by Frenchygirl1 on 08-30-2007 10:53 AM

There used to be a paranormal thread under romance, but now I think there is a separate book club for this category.
New User
MariaFromCali
0 Kudos

I love to read too! Try Katherine Kerr or Judith Merkle Riley. You might be surprised.
Reader
Sohebel
0 Kudos

Hi frenchygirl1,

If you want a love story about reincarnation the perfect book for you is Sohebel published by iuniverse. You can find it at Barnes & Nobel website. The story is about a modern day woman who through past life regression finds her eternal soul mateHe is a fierce nomad warrior who lived two thousand years ago. He has come back into her life as Sam, a man she felt an instant attraction to at their initial meeting. The book  has love and romance but there are also spiritual insightsThere is a website to visit the author and to view more details about the bookwww.Sohebel.com

And by the way I am the daughter of a World War II war bride from Paris, France, so I'm half frenchygirl and half American.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Sohebel

Contributor
alexis_kirsty
0 Kudos

jude deveraux - a knight in shining armor

it is mostly romance and time travel but it does play with reincarnation a little also... you do have to delve into the book to see the reincarnation connections i guess

i definetly recomend it, its probably my favorite of Deveraux's if you are familiar with her

i read the book only stopping to eat once in under 24 hrs and that is not commonplace for me... actually the first and the last to that extent so that kind of illustrates how good of a book i believe it to be : )

dhaupt
0 Kudos

You might try M.J. Rose's The Reincarnationist. It's a little dark but it was a great book and her new one just out The Memorist is the next one in the series also a little dark but wonderful.

Contributor
bonereader
0 Kudos

Recently read The Gargoyle. Loved the story. I think it might be what you're looking for. The protagonist is in a horrible accident leading to extensive burns all over his body. He begins to be visited during his recovery by a woman who claims she was his lover during the 14th century. Great character development. very moving.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Oh yeah how could I forget The Gargoyle, that was and excellent read, although not a mainstream love story.
New User
StephanieR
0 Kudos

If you read "Love From Both Sides - A True Story of Soul Survival and Sacred Sexuality," you will find a love story that's also a tale of reincarnation.  Two people meet in one lifetime to "consumate" a forbidden love from the 1600s in France when they were both nuns... one of them less devout than the other... ; ^)

I know it's been ages since you wrote this, but the book wasn't published then!

Contributor
daylilies1126
0 Kudos

This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but the book The Time Traveler's Wife is a great read.  It is about a man who time travels and encounters the woman of his life throughout the book at different times through her life, and it's interesting to see the way that the relationship pans out.  It's a bit sad in the end, but well worth the time.

The Time Traveler's Wife 

New User
Paricia
0 Kudos

If you're looking for a novel with reincarnation and love, please take a minute to check out my novels, Field of Destiny and Veil of Illusion. Both tell different kinds of stories while exploring how our past lives shaped our current lives. Veil of Illusion is a more romantic story while Destiny is a deeply layered story that takes a look at how free will can alter our destiny. Read reviews and check out my website:  patricia's website

I'd love to hear from with comments or responses. 

Contributor
chokeword
0 Kudos

bonereader wrote:

Recently read The Gargoyle. Loved the story. I think it might be what you're looking for. The protagonist is in a horrible accident leading to extensive burns all over his body. He begins to be visited during his recovery by a woman who claims she was his lover during the 14th century. Great character development. very moving.

Ooh, this book is perfect for it! Someone pitched it to me as a classic love story with a little bit of mysticism in it (not really my cup of tea...) They were totally off. I adored it. It's dark, moving, lovely. One of my favorite aspects of it is not really knowing how much of the story is psychological and how much is supernatural. Even if you don't pick it for this, read it anyway.

Reader
Sohebel
0 Kudos

I am pleased to announce that my book Sohebel has just won an Honorable Mention in the 2009 New York Book Publishing Festival. My last post was in October concerning  reincarnation romances. I hope you'll scroll up to read the comments I made at that time.

Sohebel tells a great love story about soul mates who meet again after a tragic ending to their relationship in the place, and during the time of Jesus Christ. Their story weaves in, and around the crucifixion of Jesus. Their family history is steeped in the Zoroastrian religion. I also offer a lot of spiritual guidance in my book concerning reincarnation and the after life.
Please check out my web site www.Sohebel.com and read a review on Amazon.com.
My book is available at Barnes & Noble.com

Christiane Shumake
author of Sohebel
www.Sohebel.com

New User
Ktkat1949
0 Kudos

Please try "Lady of Hay" by Barbara Erskine. Excellent book involving reincarnation, love and murder
New User
leewriter
0 Kudos

I humbly suggest you purchase my newly released novel, "Dead Man's Plan". It's about a man who despite being on Death Row because he killed a man in a shootout, finds life and love after death. And the form in which he returns is most unusual. For more information about the book and/or myself, go to http://www.greatestlivingwriter.com or http://www.xlibris.com and search for "Dead Man's Plan" or my name, Lee Eide.