Author
Joanna_Smith_Rakoff
0 Kudos

Re: Questions for Joanna Smith Rakoff

Vermontcozy wrote:
Hi Joanna...I am finished with your book and I must say,all of you references about Ny,relationships,and most definately the Characters,Beth especially and of course Sadie,reminded me of my days in the city,on the edge a bit,met my Husband a Fordham Grad 2 degrees,and myself a Visual Arts and lots of classes at The New School..we met on the upper westside..married one month later...have a great 24yr old Daughter..The relationship between being jewish and enjoying the book,was important to me,but not the core of the story....You so have an audience for  A Fortunate Age....Remember:Northshire Books Manchester Center,Vt 05255..a great venue for you when u have time...we have your generation here,and mostly from,Ny,Ct,Boston I wish you well..and Visit Vt..good place to unwind...The Best to you.. Because we all explore worlds that might not be familiar to us,so glad you opened the minds.of so many...Very Diplomatic of you.......

Hi again, Vermontcozy, and thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences with me. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the novel. A few weeks back someone elseon this board asked if my goal was to make the novel "timeless" -- and I responded that, yes, it was; that I saw commonalities between the experiences of myself and my friends, and those of previous generations of women. And your response makes me feel that, yes, there are certain universalities about coming of age in New York (or, perhaps, America).

And I'm sending the information about Northshire Books to my publisher. I'll be nearby this summer, so perhaps I'll be able to stop in!

My best wishes,

Joanna

Learn more about A Fortunate Age.
Author
Joanna_Smith_Rakoff
0 Kudos

Re: Questions for Joanna Smith Rakoff

Dances_through_Books wrote:

Thanks Joanna for answering my questions!!  After reading your book a second time, I did pick up on Tal's relgiousness and search for the TRUTH/God.  Great job! I feel as though I understand your story more completely after your answers, and after the discussion we all have had.  Good luck on your book promotion and I can't wait to read more of your work!

~Kati

Kati, thanks so much for posting!  I'm so glad you liked the novel and very much appreciate you taking the time to think about it and post such interesting questions.

My warmest regards,

Joanna

Learn more about A Fortunate Age.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:48 members 413 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: