Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome & Introductions

Hi,

I just got notified that the arc will arrive next month. I have enjoyed the other first look discussions and l look forward to this one too. Thank you B &N for such a wonderful program and opportunity.
Right now, for the winter, I am in Florida. My son is getting married this weekend, on the beach, and it looks like the weather will cooperate although the beach has been badly eroded from storms offshore during the summer. This Thanksgiving, I have a lot to be thankful for in my life.

twj

Contributor
onyx9
0 Kudos

New to B&N First Look book club, love to read though. I am Debbie from Oklahoma, this should be fun. So glad I am being included.
New User
bookladyET
0 Kudos

Hello from Oklahoma, My name is Elaine.  I'm excited to read and discuss this book.
Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Gail, and I just got found out that I am in for the new read.  I have been enjoying being involved in all of the First Look opportunities.  I can't wait to start reading this new read.  But I enjoy reading all kinds of books. You are have a great Thanksgiving.  Talk to all of you all soon.

Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

This is Ebony Angel in North St. Louis County, MO.  Got my confirmation and I can't wait.
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

twj, have a wonderful Thanksgiving, today, and all the best to you and your family.  What a great weekend to celebrate!

K.

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I am at my daughter's and we are sharing our receipes and cooking them. Its fun and then this afternoon. We get to EAT them. Turkey,dressing,sweet pototoes,gren beans,corn pudding, mac and cheese and pumpkin pie. Wow! oops! forgot the homemade rolls. Have fun you all. I am!   Coming home from West Va,. Friday Morning.     Bye now. Linda
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I am at my daughter's and we are sharing our receipes and cooking them. Its fun and then this afternoon. We get to EAT them. Turkey,dressing,sweet pototoes,gren beans,corn pudding, mac and cheese and pumpkin pie. Wow! oops! forgot the homemade rolls. Have fun you all. I am!   Coming home from West Va,. Friday Morning.     Bye now. Linda

Hi, Linda!  Have a great day with your family!  Sounds like lots of good things to eat!  Safe travels to you!  I'm staying home, alone, this year.  I've spent the whole week celebrating Thanksgiving, actually the whole month, with friends and family.  Now I get to stay home, read, and eat leftovers! Ha!

Be well, 

Kathy

Correspondent
floreader
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Judy and live in South Florida.  I just signed up for this latest First Look book and hope to get it.  This will be my 2nd First Look book.  I enjoyed reading and participating in The Believers discussion and look forward to reading this newest pick.  I am an avid reader and this First Look book club has been great! 
Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, my name is Carolyn from northern Virginia.  This will be my 3rd First Look book.  My previous First Look books were Songs for the Missing and The Mighty Queens of Freeville.  I was excited to discover a new First Look coming so soon after The Mighty Queens discussion.  I thought we'd all have to wait a while before another selection was posted.  I love to read, that is when I am not busy cross stitching!  Look forward to receiving A Fortunate Age and discussing it with all of you.  Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Contributor
CDover1978
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

My name is Courtney & this is my 2nd time participating inFirst Look.  I can't wait to discuss this book with everyone!

Courtney
Contributor
Hillabeans69
0 Kudos

Hi this is Hillary from Aurora, Co.  I'm excited for my second First Look Book, love the first and can't wait to receive the second.  This is the best book club I've ever been part of.
Hill-a-beans
Contributor
Jennie77
0 Kudos

Good morning everyone!  Hope you all had a safe and happy holiday!  I just received my registration message and wanted to say that I look forward to January's discussion.
Reader 4
cindyjaxn
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am so glad to have received my confirmation for First Look.  Although I have been in book groups before I have never participated in one on line.  I love the concept and can wait to received my copy.

Contributor
cindysloveofbooksarcCS
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone..My name is Cindy and I am your neighbor north of you. I live in Montreal, Quebec. I am an avid reader and blogger. I am a  SAHM. My son is 5 years old and is in kindergarden. This is my 2nd book that I have gotten from First Look. The first one I did was The Mighty Queens of Freeville.  I love to reader new authors and first time books. Looking forward to discussing A Fortunate Age with everyone. Happy Reading everyone.

Reader
Mamamuffy
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Natasha.  This is my first book club and I'm looking forward to reading the book.  I am originally from Brooklyn so I am anxious to see what the author has to say about it.
Contributor
nikkid
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm Nichole from South Florida.  I am so excited to receive my copy of A Fortunate Age and participate in the discussion.  Thank you Barnes and Noble!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Contributor
lizmont2000
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Liz in SE TX. This is my second time for First Look. I enjoyed the last book, and am looking forward  to this one and the discussion!

Happy Holidays to all!

Frequent Contributor
FrankieD
0 Kudos

Hi again everyone. I'm Frank from New york and having just finished The Believers, it's nice to get a chance to stick with another New York story. I hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving and will enjoy all of the upcoming holidays...and before we know it we'll be sharing another adventure in our next reading.

FrankieD :smileyhappy:

" The longer I live...the more beautiful life becomes."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Contributor
Mamabear229
0 Kudos

Hello to All!  I am MamaBear and I've taken part in a few First Looks awhile back, but then just got too busy.  I really missed them.  I am from Southcentral Minnesota (not really the frozen tundra as it is over 40 degrees today, but it will be well below zero later this winter).  I'm really looking forward to this book and the discussion with all of you.