Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Mostow
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome & Introductions

Hi...I'm Mona.  I can't wait to get the book and start reading!  This is my second First Look book.

Frequent Contributor
kanellio65
0 Kudos

I'm Karen and this looks like just the kind of book I will be not putting down! Can't wait for it to arrive. Am in the middle of Wally Lamb's new book and it is WONDERFUL...got an advanced copy and am cherishing each page. Happy reading!
Frequent Contributor
booksJT
0 Kudos

Hi my name is June this is my first book club. I  am looking forward to reading this book. It sounds interesting. 
Contributor
chiheatherlove
0 Kudos

Hey peeps. My second First Look, but  I had just started a new job after I finished The Believers, so I didn't have time to contribute. But, hopefully I can get into this one. Looking forward to reading this one and discussing with all of you.

Best,

H

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone  =)  I have received my confirmation message and am excited that I am included in this group.  As an eclectic reader, I always have a few books going. LOL  I  have enjoyed "First Look" offerings since the beginning and think this one really looks good. I can't wait to discuss it with all of you, our moderator, the author, and any others who will join us! Thank you B&N for making the discussion possible.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
New User
xdaisyx
0 Kudos

Hi I am Daisy and I can't wait to get started! This is my first time, so I hope I do good!
Distinguished Correspondent
Lil_Irish_Lass
0 Kudos

Hello! I'm Susan and am from the Boston area. This will be my first time participating in First Look and very am excited.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No sensible man ever engages, unprepared, in a fencing match of words with a woman." - The Woman in White
Contributor
scuddednimbus
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

This is my first First Look book and my first time participating in a book club. I'm very excited to dive into this book and participating in the forthcoming discussions! 

-SN

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hi, Susan from Vermont here...perfect timing for a Book Club and The book does sound compelling...this is my 1st book club and new to BN First look.Should be great..fresh ideas, new people.. looking forward to being a part of this
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Correspondent
biljounc63
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi,

This is my first time participating in First Look. I'm from western Massachusetts. I thank 2007's television writers strike for getting me back to reading.  I went back to reading and lost interest in TV. I normally read thrillers and mysteries and thought that this would be a good way to try other genre.

J

Message Edited by biljounc63 on 11-30-2008 12:54 PM
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
~ Joseph Addison ~

"Reading lets you visit the world of another"
Contributor
chiheatherlove
0 Kudos

Hi Norma. Hopefully you're feeling better. I live in the city in Wrigleyville, so I'm glad to see Chicagoland represented. Can't wait to talk about the book.
Frequent Contributor
Luvstoread
0 Kudos

heatherlove wrote:
Hi Norma. Hopefully you're feeling better. I live in the city in Wrigleyville, so I'm glad to see Chicagoland represented. Can't wait to talk about the book.

Hi Heatherlove,

Yes I am feeling much better thank you. Can't wait to start this book either. 

Luvs2read (a/k/a Norma)
Contributor
words2b
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Nan.

I'm looking forward to the Book Club discussion. 

Contributor
words2b
0 Kudos

Hey Karen,

I'm reading "I Know This Much Is True" by Wally Lamb. I've had this book for quite a while and thought I would read it before I read his new book, "The Hour I First Believed."  Sounds like you're really enjoying it.  I Know... is pretty interesting and from what I've read about the new book, sounds like it will be a great book also.

Nan 

Contributor
words2b
0 Kudos

Hey Debbie,

Where are you from in OK.  I was born in Lawton, OK but now live in Fort Worth, TX.  This is my first online book club, so I'm looking forward to the new experience.

Nan 

Contributor
ksnea
0 Kudos

hi I am kim and I can't wait for the opp to read this book,
Inspired Contributor
ilenekm
0 Kudos

Hi I am Ilene from Maryland. I am very exciting to be participating again in the first look book club. this is the third one that I am part of.  Last time, I found it really hard to stay on schedule, I wanted to keep reading ahead. Let see how it goes this time.
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

cjt0411 wrote:

Hello everyone!

I can't wait to read this book b/c I loved the other First Looks so much! 

Hi Bonnie! Just wanted to send out a special hello to a fellow psychologist! I used to live in rural county in NC as well. I teach psychology at a college in SC now!! 

Hi back. If I make a 3rd career change (I was a special ed teacher first) it will be to college teaching I think. I would want to teach teacher's I think. Reading/Literacy/LD are special interests of mine. I love psychology too, but not that intro course.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

EbonyAngel wrote:
This is Ebony Angel in North St. Louis County, MO.  Got my confirmation and I can't wait.
HI Angel, it's your old friend from St. Charles. Nice to see familiar names along with new ones.

Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

Welcome to First Look: A Fortunate Age! 

Wally Lamb will be appearing in Center Stage the week of December 15 to 19 to talk about The Hour I First Believed.  I hope you can join the discussion there!

kanellio65 wrote:
I'm Karen and this looks like just the kind of book I will be not putting down! Can't wait for it to arrive. Am in the middle of Wally Lamb's new book and it is WONDERFUL...got an advanced copy and am cherishing each page. Happy reading!

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!