Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
loirob
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome & Introductions

Hi everyone, Just received the book today and look forward to the discussion.
Contributor
miller1323
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone!  Have yet to receive the book (I live in CA and it takes longer to get everything), but I'm really looking forward to this round.  The book sounds great.
Frequent Contributor
booksJT
0 Kudos

Hi

I recieved my copy of A Fortunate Age this week. I have started reading it. I can't wait to start the discussion in  January. This will be my first book discussion.

Contributor
OrangeBee
0 Kudos

Hi KxBurns & everyone,

I am OrangeBee (OB for short).  I am happy to join this group and look forward to chatting with you all soon.  I got my copy of the book today and I can't wait to dive in!!!  Weather in NY is supposed to be snowy tomorrow..so I'm hoping to spend the weekend snuggled up next to the fire (okay...the space heater) and read all day long.

Happy reading to everyone! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Eadie and I live in Southeast PA. I received my book and today and can't wait to start the discussions.
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Correspondent
Rosei
0 Kudos

Hello! I am Rosangela, from Brazil. I'm very excited for this new Book Club!

Thank you for the opportunity once again :smileyhappy:

Contributor
CTMH_Amy
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Amy and I'm a mom, wife and Wisconsin teacher. I have never belonged to a formal Book Club so I'm excited to be a part of this, especially since it is online! I'm looking forward to receiving this book and getting started!

Can't wait to chat more later!

Reader 2
Lorilei
0 Kudos

Hello Karen and all the other members of this book club. 

I'm married, mother of 6, grandmother of 10 plus 3 great-grand babies.  I'm retired (IT) and spend my time reading, quilting and enjoy traveling whenever we can. 

I have committed myself to reading more classics this year (working from 1001 Books To Read Before You Die".  I also want to read more mainline lit this year - I tend toward romance, paranormal and mysterys).

Look forward to reading this book and discussing it in this group.  

Lori
To many books to read and quilts to make, too little time"
New User
nataliemarie
0 Kudos

Hi!  My name is Natalie, and I love to read!  This is my first time in a book club, and I am really looking forward to it!
nataliemarie daniels
Contributor
jaa19221
0 Kudos

Hello!  My name is Jennifer.  I LOVE to read and look forward to discussing this book with everyone here.  I can't wait to recieve this book and get started!
A room without books is like a body without a soul. ......Cicero

In the case of good books, the point is not how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you. ...Mortimer Adler
Inspired Contributor
BooksRPam
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone!  I'm Pam, and I'm thrilled that I get to be a part of this.  This is my first book club participation EVER and can't wait to jump in.  I live in NC with my husband and 3 children, type legal transcripts at home (so I can work in my PJs if the mood strikes! :smileyvery-happy:)  And, most importantly, I love to read.  I'm so looking forward to chatting with all of you.
Pam
Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

I received my copy of A Fortunate Age yesterday.  Wow that was fast!  Can't wait to start reading and discussing it here on the board. 
"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
New User
AphroditeLost
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I got my copy of A Fortunate Age last night and have started delving in.  This is my first online book club and with First Look.

Reader
martakay1962
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

I'm Marta from Ohio.  I just received my book yesterday and I can't wait to get started!  I look forward to discussing it with all of you :smileywink:

Reader
allieboy
0 Kudos

Hi. My name is Ilana, and I've never belonged to a book club before, although I absolutely love to read, and do so voraciously. I can't wait to be in discussion with others who like to read as well. I live outside of Philadelphia, and our current cold weather lends itself well to curling up with a good book!
Contributor
Skelly7645
0 Kudos

Hi. I am Susan.  I live in Southeastern Ma. and enjoy reading ( now that my four children are all teenagers and older).  I spent alot of time waiting for ice hockey practices to end.  I use that time to enjoy books and coffee!!  I participated in the First Look Clubs for The Sister and Songs for the Missing.  I also read The House at Riverton on my own, as I was intriqued with the discussions from that club.

I am looking forward to receiving the ARC and will get set for the discussion to begin.

Happy Holidays to all.

Susan

Reader 2
ammobaby
0 Kudos

Hello!

My name is Lindsay. This is my first book club with B&N and I am very excited! I am really looking forward to read this book!

Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

My book was waiting for me when I got home yesterday.  I am really surprised at how fast it was sent.

Looking forward to delving in.

MG

Contributor
onyx9
0 Kudos

Wow, you guys already got your book, I was not expecting them to be out so soon.  Maybe I should go check my mailbox.  That is great, I will reserve it a place in my tbr pile.
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hi Mona, This is my First one,so its quite exciting...Thanks for contacting me....Susan
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer